Hipstreet Equinox 10.1 HS-10 DTB1-4GB

Search This thread

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Hello, i've been trying to find anything related to this tablet, a Hipstreet Equinox 10.1 HS-10 DTB1-4GB, from what i can tell its supposed to be based on android 2.3 gingerbread.

The tablet basically trefuses to boot up and i've been trying to find a way to get into recovery to do a factory reset or a firmware to force flash to factory reset but i have been unable to find out how to do either, or even any information/firmwares for this tablet. if anyone can help me it would be greatly apreciated.

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
Hello, i've been trying to find anything related to this tablet, a Hipstreet Equinox 10.1 HS-10 DTB1-4GB, from what i can tell its supposed to be based on android 2.3 gingerbread.

The tablet basically trefuses to boot up and i've been trying to find a way to get into recovery to do a factory reset or a firmware to force flash to factory reset but i have been unable to find out how to do either, or even any information/firmwares for this tablet. if anyone can help me it would be greatly apreciated.

Your tablet may not have CWM or TWRP recoveries..Some combinations you can try are:

When tablet is booting up press VOLUP or VOLDOWN or both.
When tablet is booting up press VOLUM + Power or VOLDOWN + Power or both.

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Your tablet may not have CWM or TWRP recoveries..Some combinations you can try are:

When tablet is booting up press VOLUP or VOLDOWN or both.
When tablet is booting up press VOLUM + Power or VOLDOWN + Power or both.

its most definitely on stock recovery for GB 2.3, but i have not managed to get into it. i have Vol + vol - Menu, home and back buttons, so far i've tried volume +/- both + power and ive tried menu + power as well as back and the home individually. i have not managed to get anything different other than on home + power, when i do that, i ttakes 5x longer on the "hipstreet splash logo" once it gets past that though it says android then infiniblackscreen. - i dont get anything on a host computer via the USB either when trying any of these combos - hoping to get ADB to do a factory reset via ADB.

i used to have a ployer momo 9 and i remember that tablet had a special recovery mode with a special flasher and was wondering if something like that existed for this cheap tablet which is based on just about the same thing, allwinner dual core 1.0 ghz + 512mb ram + 4 gb rom.

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
its most definitely on stock recovery for GB 2.3, but i have not managed to get into it. i have Vol + vol - Menu, home and back buttons, so far i've tried volume +/- both + power and ive tried menu + power as well as back and the home individually. i have not managed to get anything different other than on home + power, when i do that, i ttakes 5x longer on the "hipstreet splash logo" once it gets past that though it says android then infiniblackscreen. - i dont get anything on a host computer via the USB either when trying any of these combos - hoping to get ADB to do a factory reset via ADB.

i used to have a ployer momo 9 and i remember that tablet had a special recovery mode with a special flasher and was wondering if something like that existed for this cheap tablet which is based on just about the same thing, allwinner dual core 1.0 ghz + 512mb ram + 4 gb rom.

Using ADB is a good idea :).I didn't think of that though :silly:...

dragonfly14

Jun 27, 2012
Using ADB is a good idea :).I didn't think of that though :silly:...

thanks, but yeah, i cant get anything out of it so far and was hoping someone had the magical way to revive it :/ i believe on my ployer it was something ridiculous like vol - + home + back + power for 5 seconds and i had to get it flashing within 5 seconds of that or it would switch modes.... x_x

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
thanks, but yeah, i cant get anything out of it so far and was hoping someone had the magical way to revive it :/ i believe on my ployer it was something ridiculous like vol - + home + back + power for 5 seconds and i had to get it flashing within 5 seconds of that or it would switch modes.... x_x

Wait I found something for you

There is a few tricks to get your Tablet back , You require a few things

-A usb cable to connect to computer
-Internet connectivity

Now Lets start by putting the tablet in Android recover mode .
1. Connect the tablet to the USB port on the Computer .
2. Press and hold the power button and the Big button on the tablet , Keep pressing it until the logo of the android gut with his gut open shows up .

3. It is possible to perform a reset using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge)

I did mine on Windows XP , (Does your tablet install correctly in the Device manager? )

If so That is great news , You may goto step 5
If not Goto step 4 :

Step 4: Getting the Chinese driver equivalent for your tablet .
Get the drivers for the Ainol 7" Auror tablet (or equivalent )
Now Before the driver will work with your device (you can try to install it but it will give you an INF error)
You must edit the file (.INF) to match your USB id of the tablet
(At the bottom of the file change the STRINGS section to the device codes of your tablet ) (found by right clicking the Unknown device in the device manager . the (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) is the HARDWARE ID and the
[Strings]

USBDRV="USB Devices"
USB\VID_1f3a&PID_efe8.DeviceDesc="USBDevice(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)"

YOUR STRINGS:
USBDRV="USB Devices"
USB\<YOURDEVICEID>.DeviceDesc=USBDevice(<YOURDEVICEID>)"

Step 5:
Get the Recovery tool from here
https://spideroak.com/share/KNQW243.../CWM_Recovery_Manta_MID08_windows_install.zip

This will give you a suite of tools to restore your device to factory reset
Use it to install the recovery partition , and then reboot your device in recovery mode , Then use the Vol + and - buttons to navigate and power button to Enter .

(Source : click here)

Reactions: olasz69

viniciuscu

Oct 21, 2013
Hello there, i have a Hipstreet too, but my android have crashed and dont turn on anymore.

I cant find the stock rom or custom rom anywhere.

Can you find some of these?

If you dont, you can make a backup and send a link to me?

Thanks and sorry for the english.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Wait I found something for you

There is a few tricks to get your Tablet back , You require a few things

-A usb cable to connect to computer
    -Internet connectivity

Now Lets start by putting the tablet in Android recover mode .
    1. Connect the tablet to the USB port on the Computer .
    2. Press and hold the power button and the Big button on the tablet , Keep pressing it until the logo of the android gut with his gut open shows up .

3. It is possible to perform a reset using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge)

I did mine on Windows XP , (Does your tablet install correctly in the Device manager? )

If so That is great news , You may goto step 5
    If not Goto step 4 :

Step 4: Getting the Chinese driver equivalent for your tablet .
    Get the drivers for the Ainol 7" Auror tablet (or equivalent )
    Now Before the driver will work with your device (you can try to install it but it will give you an INF error)
    You must edit the file (.INF) to match your USB id of the tablet
    (At the bottom of the file change the STRINGS section to the device codes of your tablet ) (found by right clicking the Unknown device in the device manager . the (VID_1f3a_PID_efe8) is the HARDWARE ID and the
    [Strings]

USBDRV="USB Devices"
    USB\VID_1f3a&PID_efe8.DeviceDesc="USBDevice(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)"

YOUR STRINGS:
    USBDRV="USB Devices"
    USB\<YOURDEVICEID>.DeviceDesc=USBDevice(<YOURDEVICEID>)"

Step 5:
    Get the Recovery tool from here
    https://spideroak.com/share/KNQW243.../CWM_Recovery_Manta_MID08_windows_install.zip

This will give you a suite of tools to restore your device to factory reset
    Use it to install the recovery partition , and then reboot your device in recovery mode , Then use the Vol + and - buttons to navigate and power button to Enter .

(Source : click here)