[Q] Sprint htc one Unlocked being used in caribbean on gsm network no 4G

Search This thread

syberK

Feb 25, 2014
I bought a sprint htc one anfter a lot of tampering/ softbricking i finally got the bootloader unlocked the Bad Boys rom installed and achieved S-off
using the fire water method

i am on 4.4.2 on a network called digicel everything works fine with one exception NO 4G :rolleyes: very disappointing ive unlocked GS4 for sprint for use on the network called Digicel and it worked so im curious if anyone knows of anyway for me to get said 4G on sprint htc one ive done enough research the sprint htc one does have the required basebands to support 4G but as of now all it display's is gsm

Ay help is kindly appreciated also if there is another thread with the same question posted i apologize for asking again, didnt come across any answers in my search. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG-20140224-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20140224-WA0020.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 88

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
I'm going to be doing something similar soon when I go to Jamaica (Sprint is unlocking for international SIM use for me) so hope I can help...did you make sure you have a 4g plan from digicel?...if I remember correctly, they have a seperate plan that had seperate 4g charge incorporated...correct if I'm wrong...maybe you need to add 4g to your plan?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

syberK

Feb 25, 2014
I'm going to be doing something similar soon when I go to Jamaica (Sprint is unlocking for international SIM use for me) so hope I can help...did you make sure you have a 4g plan from digicel?...if I remember correctly, they have a seperate plan that had seperate 4g charge incorporated...correct if I'm wrong...maybe you need to add 4g to your plan?

i thought of that also but when i unlocked the samsung galaxy s4 previously i didnt need to activate 4G once i put the sim in i would pick up the 4G one i was in a good coverage area, digicel's 4G service is kinda spotty im in antigua, if i go to the town or on a hill id get 4G in most places, i dont believe that im even getting 3G on the htc one as it only says gsm :/

onefasttreopro

May 8, 2009
i thought of that also but when i unlocked the samsung galaxy s4 previously i didnt need to activate 4G once i put the sim in i would pick up the 4G one i was in a good coverage area, digicel's 4G service is kinda spotty im in antigua, if i go to the town or on a hill id get 4G in most places, i dont believe that im even getting 3G on the htc one as it only says gsm :/

Ahhh, hmmm, in that case I don't know...interesting though to see how it works out for me...mine will be just for fun/emergency use for a week but still would be nice to have good connection. Update me/us if/when you get it figured out.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
First make sure your APN settings match your carrier. Second make sure in network settings make sure you have chosen CDMA/LTE. Sprint always shows that stupid GSM sign when using it on a GSM network outside US. Do this with a file explorer go to /ststem/customize/AAC/default.xml change sku_id to 42 and reboot
The phone will show the correct sign 3G, H, etc

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: syberK

syberK

Feb 25, 2014
First make sure your APN settings match your carrier. Second make sure in network settings make sure you have chosen CDMA/LTE. Sprint always shows that stupid GSM sign when using it on a GSM network outside US. Do this with a file explorer go to /ststem/customize/AAC/default.xml change sku_id to 42 and reboot

im trying that one but it wont let me save once i change the sku_id to 42 :/

syberK

Feb 25, 2014
i finally got the file edited, now it shows an E i will try a sim i know has 4G and post an update thank for the help :)

xanda143

May 26, 2012
it would really help to know if this worked for you as im thinking of buying a sprint htc one since they are cheaper to use in jamaica on that same digicel. so its great to know that it works would be better to know if the 4g works or atleast if the network data speed is good since im a wifi kinda guy

coc014

Oct 25, 2011
sprint galaxy S4 has 4g 1700/2100mhz for gsm networks but sprint htc one has no 4g for gsm networks , so 4g will not work. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.