Used odin to upgrade to 4.4.2 and now unable to root

Search This thread

dkim3

Nov 27, 2012
My note 3 was previously rooted with TWRP and CM11.
I wanted to upgrade my firmware to official 4.4.2 kit kat and root my device again to try a different rom.
However things went to the dumps and now I can't root my phone. I insert the md5 file into oden and let it run and everything passes but the phone just reboots into recovery in a cycle.
To get away from the cycle, I have to flash the official 4.4.2 firmware again, which causes me to setup my accounts and everything from the beginning :(

I need to know how to root for 4.4.2 succesfully, please help.

Also, when i check the storage (internal) capacity of my phone after flashing of the firmware, I see that it takes up 7 gig. Is that too much for a fresh firmware install?

Last edited:

brsingr

May 12, 2011
Alta Loma
Afaik, based o. Reading the forums....there isn't a way to root 4.4.2 yet

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app

dkim3

Nov 27, 2012
Afaik, based o. Reading the forums....there isn't a way to root 4.4.2 yet

Sent from my BNTV600 using xda app-developers app

But i just rooted my phone. I'm on 4.4.2 right now.

I figured out what my problem was, I was rooting trying to use my old root on the new firmware.

dkim3

Nov 27, 2012
I've got my root, how do you install CWM or TWRP back? When i installed CM11 before, TWRP was already preinstalled.
I'd like to install one of those to flash a new rom.

Jfree3000

Jul 20, 2010
Metro Atlanta
You can use Odin or Goo manager from the play store. Check in the development thread and there are guides to install, I don't have time to check atm but if not answered later I will check for you.

dkim3

Nov 27, 2012
You can use Odin or Goo manager from the play store. Check in the development thread and there are guides to install, I don't have time to check atm but if not answered later I will check for you.

Thanks for reply,
I tried GooManager earlier and it failed on me.
It didn't go to TWRP when i recovered, it went to android system recovery.

dkim3

Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for reply,
I tried GooManager earlier and it failed on me.
It didn't go to TWRP when i recovered, it went to android system recovery.

Top Liked Posts