[Q] Quick Question about upgrading 4.2.2 rooted phone to kit kat

Search This thread

bengtc

Jun 2, 2013
I am a noob when it coms to all things root. Ive looked over the forums and just get lost. So my question is can I upgrade to a rooted kit kat 4.4.2 from my current 4.2.2 rooted(motochopper)? Thanks in advance!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
I am a noob when it coms to all things root. Ive looked over the forums and just get lost. So my question is can I upgrade to a rooted kit kat 4.4.2 from my current 4.2.2 rooted(motochopper)? Thanks in advance!
@bengtc
If you are on MDL or MDB just install custom 4.4.2 rom. .... do not update other wise u would stuck with Safestrap recovery ...... and make sure to flash loki patch after that. Coz most custom 4.4.2 rom are prerooted

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

bengtc

Jun 2, 2013
@bengtc
If you are on MDL or MDB just install custom 4.4.2 rom. .... do not update other wise u would stuck with Safestrap recovery ...... and make sure to flash loki patch after that. Coz most custom 4.4.2 rom are prerooted

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

Thanks! Do you by chance know where I can find a 4.4.2 custom touch wiz rom? Also a guide if possible?

dssking

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks! Do you by chance know where I can find a 4.4.2 custom touch wiz rom? Also a guide if possible?

Right here in this forum. Go back to the main AT&T, Canadian BELL, ROGERS etc header. Choose
ANDROID DEV and they are all in there.

I've only tried Hyperdrive RLS15 on my S4........tried just about every rom on my S3 with good success.

I'm back to stock rooted right now on my S4 because I was unable to get a signal once my SIM was inserted.
Still battling with that. But I also know better than to update to stock 4.4.2....it'll most likely lock up the
phone so only safestrap can be used.... Samsung is getting to be like Apple........