[Q] Encrypting doesn't ever start, finish, or report errors

Search This thread

mstrswrd06

May 1, 2014
Trying to encrypt my N5110 after upgrading to stock 4.4.2 and rooting with CF-Auto-Root.

I set up a password, hit the encrypt button. It shows the Android puzzle/gear logo with no other information for a few moments, then all black for about 30 seconds, and reboots right back into the OS. No signs of being encrypted, and going back to settings shows me that it's not encrypted.

I just did the process on my SIII running Resurrection Remix and I had to do 2 attempts before encryption would take, but it actually did the process. I've tried 5+ times on the N5110 with no joy, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Z1mmy

Jul 17, 2014
Trying to encrypt my N5110 after upgrading to stock 4.4.2 and rooting with CF-Auto-Root.

I set up a password, hit the encrypt button. It shows the Android puzzle/gear logo with no other information for a few moments, then all black for about 30 seconds, and reboots right back into the OS. No signs of being encrypted, and going back to settings shows me that it's not encrypted.

I just did the process on my SIII running Resurrection Remix and I had to do 2 attempts before encryption would take, but it actually did the process. I've tried 5+ times on the N5110 with no joy, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have similar issue on my note Ii n7100.
I flashed resurrection remix on my phone, and when im trying to encrypt my device i get the same green puzzle logo of android. Agter some time (settable) screen turns off. When i click any button it wakes up on PIN/password screen. When i enter the password, it backs to android logo during encryption... But notthing happens even over night.. What is more, at any point i can click back button to return to encryption menu..

Anyone found fix or solution?