[TUT] Installing Cloud to device for google Chrome & Firefox HERE!

Search This thread

spazoid

Aug 24, 2009
Google Chrome to Phone Extension enables you to send the link for the current open tab to your Android device. Simply
click on the phone icon and the link will be pushed to your device. You will be required to log in with the same account used by
your Android device.

Setup instructions

GOOGLE CHROME!!!
----------------------

Download the Google Chrome to Phone Extension for your Google Chrome browser HERE
Download the Google Chrome to Phone Extension application to your Android device from HERE (make sure Settings->Applications->Unknown Sources is checked). Note that this application requires Android 2.2 ("Froyo") or later.
Start the Google Chrome to Phone Extension application on the phone.
Choose the account to register with (this must match the account you sign in to with Google Chrome to Phone Extension on the desktop).
Click on "Register Device" to register your phone with the Google Chrome to Phone Extension service.

FIREFOX
--------------------------------

This is done the same way for Firefox as it is for Chrome, except that you need to use this extension for the firefox browser. Do not use the Newer plugin that it will suggest you to use, because it does not download properly.You use the same extenstion for the phone for Chrome. (Thanks momentarylapseofreason)

Warning: When downloading this plug-in,it is NOT verified by firefox. I am not help responsible. You ask own risk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEMO OF CLOUD -TO-DEVICE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAZYSVr2Bhc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy OF Paul22000--

To get MAPS to work properly you need to Click the "Link" button in the top right corner, copy the link in the box, paste into a new tab, THEN click send to phone, and voilà!

Here you go

(Phone)APK--FILE

(Comp-Chrome Ext)CRX--File

(Comp- Firefox Ext)Plugin--FILE

Both files are found HERE

Last edited:

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
The google maps to phone doesnt work. Maybe Im doing it wrong.

The links do.
http://dbgtst.appspot.com/ss/
Open that on google chrome then send to phone...considering N1 trounces Ipad should give you an idea of just how far removed of a desktop web experience the ipad is.

The links do.
http://dbgtst.appspot.com/ss/
Open that on google chrome then send to phone...considering N1 trounces Ipad should give you an idea of just how far removed of a desktop web experience the ipad is.

the maps link doesn't work for me either. maps opens up, but just shows current location.

spazoid

Aug 24, 2009

Ya, unfortunatly I don't think that the directions portion is working yet.

Seems like every thing else..ie, youtube, webpages...yada yada are working

Last edited:

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008

the maps link doesn't work for me either. maps opens up, but just shows current location.

When you send a maps link to your phone, it just sends whatever is in your address bar, which is probably just maps.google.com if you're getting a blank map on your phone.

Click the "Link" button in the top right corner, copy the link in the box, paste into a new tab, THEN click send to phone, and voilà!

mapsq.png

Last edited:

mnkyboy57

May 8, 2010
Is there anyway to push directions directly to the Maps App or does everything have to be opened in the phone browser?

Thanks!

Last edited:

mnkyboy57

May 8, 2010
I'll just post this encase other people run into this problem. If you are copying and pasting the maps link make sure you are using maps.google.com I tried it with google.com/maps and the copy past link wouldn't work.

Hope this helps!

gatogringo

Aug 22, 2006
Singapore
That's fabulous, thanks for the heads-up! Is this the extension and app from google itself? why is it then so rudimentary compared to the keynote demo?

warr3n

Feb 1, 2010
Does anyone know whether you can you use cloud to device as a way to dial out on Nexus without touching the phone?

spazoid

Aug 24, 2009
Is there anyway to push directions directly to the Maps App or does everything have to be opened in the phone browser?

Thanks!

If you use pauls method of copying the link to your browser It should already do that, as long as you checked that box in the app on the phone, that allows you to do so