Fm radio

Search This thread

jy3ng4

Mar 4, 2010
The official specs page for the Droid 4 doesn't list FM radio but this old leaked image from a few months before the phone was released suggests that the hardware is there:

droid4-specs2.jpg

No idea how to enable it though. I tried installing the MotoFMRadio.apk but it force closes.

Last edited:

The Kraken!

Jun 16, 2012
This does work with the proper app. I just installed Spirit FM Unlocked and it works. It's 10 bucks, but it's worth it, imo. There is also a light version that costs a little over $2 if I remember right. There's another app by the same name. What you want is one of the ones by Mike Reid. Root is required, btw.

Last edited:

The Kraken!

Jun 16, 2012
Yes, it will not work without headphones in my experience. The app will start but will not find any stations.

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Flash-A-Holic

Jul 8, 2015
Does to FM radio work only with ICS roms? Does newer builds (Marshmallow/Nougat) have support for FM radio?

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
It works for me on both CM11 and my own LineageOS 11 build using Spirit FM so it is definitely not limited only to ICS build or to stock based ROMs.
I haven't tested it out with newer Android versions, though.

Reactions: Flash-A-Holic

Flash-A-Holic

Jul 8, 2015
It works for me on both CM11 and my own LineageOS 11 build using Spirit FM so it is definitely not limited only to ICS build or to stock based ROMs.
Thanks for that info! I have tried with Lineage OS 14.1 build with Spirit2 but I get ERROR: "Tuner API did not start or stop. This device may need a kernel with a working FM driver". Maybe newer builds doesn't have kernel support for FM radio anymore?

mp107

Mar 13, 2014
I have tried Spirit FM (aka Spirit1) only, not the Spirit2.
Beside that, the Spirit2 has fewer models supported (or at least had when I have read about it a year or two ago).

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash-A-Holic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried Spirit FM (aka Spirit1) only, not the Spirit2.
    Beside that, the Spirit2 has fewer models supported (or at least had when I have read about it a year or two ago).