No screen

Search This thread

rotary_bünta

Aug 13, 2012
Hello,

I have damaged the screen on my galaxy s4 sgh-m919. i know its the lcd screen and digitizer cuz the screen is completely blank and only have lines going through it as i dropped darn thing. i have t mobile sending me a new on as it was insured.
so here is my question.

is there a way to enable usb debug mode so i can connect it to my pc and copy over all my information.
also i need to to sync my contacts to my gmail as it has not updated the contacts i should have..
but before all that is there a way to remove my pattern password..

basically the phone works but i cant answer any calls make text or anything. the screen is blank and i want to get my all my contacts texts, settings.. etc.. saved to restore to the new phone.

any help would be appreciated.

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Hello,

I have damaged the screen on my galaxy s4 sgh-m919. i know its the lcd screen and digitizer cuz the screen is completely blank and only have lines going through it as i dropped darn thing. i have t mobile sending me a new on as it was insured.
so here is my question.

is there a way to enable usb debug mode so i can connect it to my pc and copy over all my information.
also i need to to sync my contacts to my gmail as it has not updated the contacts i should have..
but before all that is there a way to remove my pattern password..

basically the phone works but i cant answer any calls make text or anything. the screen is blank and i want to get my all my contacts texts, settings.. etc.. saved to restore to the new phone.

any help would be appreciated.

I think you can take it to a T Mobile store and they'll just do everything for you.

I'm a do it yourselfer too whenever possible, but if someone will just plug it in and take care of it for you in 5 minutes that might be the simplest option here.

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
Unfortunately you're out of luck. Your phone won't display the contents of the internal SD card unless you unlock the phone which requires a working screen. If recovered info off someone's phone with a broken screen by connecting a working screen to it temporarily to unlock it.

This requires taking your phone apart but is very easy if you're comfortable.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
You might be able to use Heimdall on a Mac or Linux machine to pull the data. Im not entirely sure how or what you would do with it once you pulled it. But that might give you a start for your research

Sent from your phone. You should be more careful where you leave that thing.