[MOD] TrackballWake [v0.1] and TrackballSkip [v0.1]

Search This thread

metalhead8816

Jan 28, 2010
These mods have now be included in CM-5.0.5. So I have taken down the links. Please download CM-5.0.5 and install. If you have issues with it then post them here please.

I would first like to thank those that have helped me along the way. Thanks ChainsDD for helping me realize Android development isn't that hard. Thanks Cyanogen for the awesome roms and for the inspiration to innovate. Love your cool features. And lastly thanks to all the other devs for the great mods (optedOblivion and arctu to name a few)

Alright on to the details.

The mod has options to turn them on or off, but they cannot be used together. This is by design because if you are skipping songs and the screen wakes up then you are wasting battery and taking events away from the lock screen. (May change this later if you guys want)

1st Mod: (TrackballWake)
- Allows the user to wake the screen using the trackball (No extra apps its built-in to OS)
- Option is under the System Settings -> Sound & Display -> Trackball Settings -> Trackball wakes screen
- Option is off by default

2nd Mod: (TrackballSkip)
- Allows the user to skip to the next song if music is playing and the screen is off.
- This is done by double-tapping the trackball while the screen is off.
- A double-tap is two consecutive presses within about half a second.
- Option is under Music App -> Settings -> Use trackball to skip

Two different versions now:
1) trackball-SuccessW-WSv01.zip - This includes the Successive Notifications v0.4
2) trackball-NoSuccessW-WSv01.zip - This does not include Successive Notification v0.4

This should fix the force close issues for people as the previous version had a new implementation of Successive Notifications which apparently has some bugs. If you have problems with Successive Notifications then post in that thread please.

If you get a force close or unexpected behavior, please put it on pastebin.com and post the link on this thread. Please include which version you are using and what happened.

Donation:
Please donate if you like my work. It helps keep me motivated and working hard on Android.

Install:
- Nandroid Backup
- Simple install CM-5.0.5

Again, note for now you cannot use these two mods together (and TrackballWake takes precedence)

Source is on Github now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRinseM

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
You are a lifesaver. Since my power button has gone south, I don't have a way to keep a lockscreen (using keyguard disabler) and cut the screen off after it has been cut on, is there any way that you could remap another button to power it off?

andythefan

Sep 16, 2009
Houston
Giving it a try!

Will edit with results.

Edit: Seems to be working fine so far, been waiting forever for this mod. It reverted some of the changes I have had from BakedGoods (clock font color, etc)

Last edited:

david1171

Apr 29, 2009
Does this turn the screen on when you move the track ball or on a trackball click?

Only does it for a trackball click for me. Works very nicely.

Giving it a try!

Will edit with results.

Edit: Seems to be working fine so far, been waiting forever for this mod. It reverted some of the changes I have had from BakedGoods (clock font color, etc)

Here is a services.jar for this that has been modded to clock, date, and roam/network to white. just remove everything after .jar and push to framework then reboot.

EDIT:
http://android-theme-minus.googlecode.com/files/Trackball_mod_v0.1_white_text.zip

There is one that you can flash in recovery. Nandroid first for cmoa reasons.

Attachments

• services.jar.remove-all-text-after-jar.zip
    500.9 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

AF9210

Mar 17, 2009
volume rocker

why dont you change the trackballskip to volume rocker? so you can use both at same time ;)

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
Works great. Thanks. Here are some suggestions:

1) Make it so a second click then unlocks the screen. I got used to doing that with the menu button when I had my Magic.

2) Make it so a volume button double-click changes tracks. I had this feature on a Sony Ericsson phone once.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These mods have now be included in CM-5.0.5. So I have taken down the links. Please download CM-5.0.5 and install. If you have issues with it then post them here please.

I would first like to thank those that have helped me along the way. Thanks ChainsDD for helping me realize Android development isn't that hard. Thanks Cyanogen for the awesome roms and for the inspiration to innovate. Love your cool features. And lastly thanks to all the other devs for the great mods (optedOblivion and arctu to name a few)

Alright on to the details.

The mod has options to turn them on or off, but they cannot be used together. This is by design because if you are skipping songs and the screen wakes up then you are wasting battery and taking events away from the lock screen. (May change this later if you guys want)

1st Mod: (TrackballWake)
    - Allows the user to wake the screen using the trackball (No extra apps its built-in to OS)
    - Option is under the System Settings -> Sound & Display -> Trackball Settings -> Trackball wakes screen

2nd Mod: (TrackballSkip)
    - Allows the user to skip to the next song if music is playing and the screen is off.
    - This is done by double-tapping the trackball while the screen is off.
    - A double-tap is two consecutive presses within about half a second.
    - Option is under Music App -> Settings -> Use trackball to skip

Two different versions now:
    1) trackball-SuccessW-WSv01.zip - This includes the Successive Notifications v0.4
    2) trackball-NoSuccessW-WSv01.zip - This does not include Successive Notification v0.4

This should fix the force close issues for people as the previous version had a new implementation of Successive Notifications which apparently has some bugs. If you have problems with Successive Notifications then post in that thread please.

If you get a force close or unexpected behavior, please put it on pastebin.com and post the link on this thread. Please include which version you are using and what happened.

Donation:
    Please donate if you like my work. It helps keep me motivated and working hard on Android.

Install:
    - Nandroid Backup
    - Simple install CM-5.0.5

Again, note for now you cannot use these two mods together (and TrackballWake takes precedence)

Source is on Github now.