[Q] S Note force crashes after official Android 4.3 update

Search This thread

prince87

Jun 4, 2011
I updated my Note 2 with Android 4.3 using KIES. However, S Note application is crashing with error message "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped". I had similar problem with Talktatone. However, I resolved it by clearing the cache & data. But same solution is not working for S Note. Any solution ??

Reactions: shashi154263

sayedaftab

Nov 20, 2013
Same here

I updated my Note 2 with Android 4.3 using KIES. However, S Note application is crashing with error message "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped". I had similar problem with Talktatone. However, I resolved it by clearing the cache & data. But same solution is not working for S Note. Any solution ??

Im also facing same problem after updating official 4.3 yesterday S note crashing on Note 2 Indian version

Spendy

Account currently disabled
Sep 27, 2010
Usa

I assume your galaxy Note II is a N7105? and not the N7100

prince87

Jun 4, 2011
I assume your galaxy Note II is a N7105? and not the N7100

It is N7100.

BTW, has anyone seen an actual improvement in this version over older version ? To me, it looks this update is meant for Note II to be more compatible with Galaxy Gear ! I expected Note III S Pen features (atleast some) to be in this update.

enigma_x

Jan 1, 2013
It is N7100.

BTW, has anyone seen an actual improvement in this version over older version ? To me, it looks this update is meant for Note II to be more compatible with Galaxy Gear ! I expected Note III S Pen features (atleast some) to be in this update.

Can you now share SNote files with Note 3? And what about Note 10.1 / 8?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

prince87

Jun 4, 2011
My Note II Android 4.3 build number is N7100XXUEMK4. I heard it is a test build. Is that so ? Is there a final version that is going to be released ?

prince87

Jun 4, 2011
After factory reset it works fine. However, beware it deletes everything from your memory card.

Myrith

Dec 10, 2013

Here's how I got mine to finally work:
  • Add the "S Note (direct) 4 x 1" widget to your screen.
  • Tap on the widget's pen button to create a new note.
  • Exit out of S Note, and from now on, you can open the app from the regular app icon. You can also remove the widget that you added.
If this works for anyone else, feel free to say so. I don't know if this is really the "fix" or if it was just coincidence. I didn't want to do a factory reset either, so I tried several things beforehand, including clearing cache/data and even trying to disable the syncing.

tmc1000

May 27, 2011
  • Exit out of S Note, and from now on, you can open the app from the regular app icon. You can also remove the widget that you added.
If this works for anyone else, feel free to say so. I don't know if this is really the "fix" or if it was just coincidence. I didn't want to do a factory reset either, so I tried several things beforehand, including clearing cache/data and even trying to disable the syncing.

This worked for me, thanks! I have a Note 2 on Sprint (SPH-L900). Saved me from doing a factory restore!!

banananana3333

Apr 4, 2010
works!

'Here's how I got mine to finally work:Add the "S Note (direct) 4 x 1" widget to your screen.Tap on the widget's pen button to create a new note.Exit out of S Note, and from now on, you can open the app from the regular app icon. You can also remove the widget that you added.

Works so well! Now I can take my lecture notes in peace. Thank you.

Dahlonega337

Dec 20, 2013
Worked for me, Thanks

sponsor79

Feb 4, 2007
I managed to start S Note. Can open notes, but when i click settings program crashes and had to do trick with clearing cache and data again.
Anyone have similar problem?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4p47hy

Feb 11, 2013
Experiencing the same problem on non-rooted GT-N7100. Trick with widget serves only as temporary solution, eventually programm starts crashing again.

Last edited:

barisgecer

Dec 22, 2013

That worked for me too :good:

velic

Jan 25, 2006

It work for me too, thanks a lot!!

thor2001

Oct 3, 2010
Nuremberg
Well, having the same fc-problem with my rooted note2.

Factory-reset didn't work for my device.

Will try the other mentioned workarounds.

Exchanging the 4.3 with the 4.1.2 S-Note isn't a good idea, cos you'll get a reappearing fc-popup, even if you fix the permissions.

Regards

Last edited:

Shabloool

Sep 1, 2013
Same here

Same here. seriously though of factory reset.
you solved this one!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This worked for me, thanks! I have a Note 2 on Sprint (SPH-L900). Saved me from doing a factory restore!!
    I had a problem with the "new" s note app crashing (the one for the note 3) on my note 2. I tried everything, especially everything in this thread and nothing worked. I couldn't even get past the set-up screens (choose notebook cover and default page template and sync settings, etc), it would constantly crash when I'd hit start. I found a random solution somewhere that I didn't think would work because it was entirely unrelated, but it DID work!

Went into settings> language & input> samsung keyboard settings> input languages (here it told me I needed to update the english language pack, so I did), back out of settings after updating the language pack, close all running/recent apps, and then try running s note again. This time it should work. It did for me. I have no idea why the language pack for the keyboard would interfere with s note, but on mine it did because I tried literally everything else I could think of to find a solution to the problem. This was the only thing that got me up and running (and didn't require a full reset!) :D So, if you're having issues with s note, try updating your samsung keyboard language pack and it just might work ;)
    There a new version of S Note app Samsung Apps. After installing it will prompt to import old S note data. If you have a large amount of notes it will be processing for quite a long time.