Handling multiple android images on one sd card?

Search This thread

AKTOPSHOOTER

Jan 29, 2007
How would I go about trying multiple android os's on one sd card? I have currently one running good however would like to try a new one with out losing all my current settings in the first os. I tried renaming the folder from android to something else and making a new android folder at the root of the sd however when I put the new android build in the new folder it just hangs forever like 15 minutes and does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? If someone has away of doing this I would greatly appreciate pointing me in the right direction :confused:

dragonovus

Apr 3, 2010
How would I go about trying multiple android os's on one sd card? I have currently one running good however would like to try a new one with out losing all my current settings in the first os. I tried renaming the folder from android to something else and making a new android folder at the root of the sd however when I put the new android build in the new folder it just hangs forever like 15 minutes and does nothing. Is there something I am doing wrong? If someone has away of doing this I would greatly appreciate pointing me in the right direction :confused:

wrong section dude.. but you have to change the startup text from the different builds.
like this

cmdline "rel_path=Android

or if you have a folder named Android2

cmdline "rel_path=Android2

ofc you have to rename those folders according the startup text..

this is what i think how you should do it :).. i never tried it.. but good luck!

ps: post your question here http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=989

Reactions: Vrtfrank

AKTOPSHOOTER

Jan 29, 2007
Thanks it worked like a charm I will be purchasing a bigger sd card (16gb)this weekend to further experiment. :cool: Sorry for posting in the wrong area

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wrong section dude.. but you have to change the startup text from the different builds.
    like this

cmdline "rel_path=Android

or if you have a folder named Android2

cmdline "rel_path=Android2

ofc you have to rename those folders according the startup text..

this is what i think how you should do it :).. i never tried it.. but good luck!

ps: post your question here http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=989