[ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]

Search This thread

mlaws90

Just wanted to give you guys an update...

PA moved to a pure AOSP base instead of CM in 4.2, which makes my life very hard, as all the hardware that we have in our device by default isn't supported in AOSP. I spent the last 5 hours or so hacking together a build, going through error after error and i finally got it building and booting.

The new PA is called AOSPA (AOSP + PA)

Current issues are:

1) Virtual keys are always present... not sure if I can disable them somewhere in PA's overlays (probably can, havent played with it)
2) No data (probably due to no APNs set, can change this by adding the AT&T PTA APN most probably
Maybe more

I'll fix those two up and then release. Just wanted to say I finally got it booting today... very happy :D and now I can work on a pure AOSP ROM as well.
Source for my device tree and stuff will take a LONNNG time since I hacked so many things to get it building. I'll also work towards getting us official again in 4.2.

Can't wait! So there are no is no way for someone such as me to build AOSPA since you have not added and evita commits or what? As you know I have been building AOKP for grouper, learned how to add cherry picks yesterday. I only want to build 4.2.1, not enough free space atm to sync another repo, or is 4.1.2 also sync'd I just have to tag the build command? Either way there is no evita in the lists for CM or AOKP as of now for 4.2.1.

Cant even build for AOKP for my S III, they added 4 d2 models fairly recently to breakfast but not the d2spr, only att, tmo, usc and vzw as of now for some reason.

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Can't wait! So there are no is no way for someone such as me to build AOSPA since you have not added and evita commits or what? As you know I have been building AOKP for grouper, learned how to add cherry picks yesterday. I only want to build 4.2.1, not enough free space atm to sync another repo, or is 4.1.2 also sync'd I just have to tag the build command? Either way there is no evita in the lists for CM or AOKP as of now for 4.2.1.

You could build it, but you'd have tons of errors and stuff all over the place. Not worth trying IMO :) When evita becomes official again, you can build it then. And 4.1.2 is just a different revision, it would probably take an additional 2-5gbs to sync on top of 4.2. And yeah, there is no evita since both CM and AOKP aren't official in 4.2.1 yet.

swapgut

Aug 9, 2012
Charlotte
Current issues are:

1) Virtual keys are always present... not sure if I can disable them somewhere in PA's overlays (probably can, havent played with it)
2) No data (probably due to no APNs set, can change this by adding the AT&T PTA APN most probably
Maybe more

Thanks for all your effort to get 4.2 out.
#1 above, that is redundant.
#2 my data was set with LTE first and that stuck after re-booting. I was wiping cache & davlik then system when trialing the 4.2s the other day. Data speed for either 4.2 I've tried was slower than PA2.54 for me. Related? your 2.99 and CM's 1-19 were lower with signal strength than PA2.54. It's 99dbm 97asu right now the others were in the 80's.

Could you elaborate on the comment that AOSP didn't really utilize the One XL hardware? That's what it sounded like to me.

bigfoottrucker

Jul 15, 2010
Yakima
Note 2 just got a 4.2 build. Has "pie controls." Watched a video on that earlier. Looks cool. Might get excited over aosp again.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

mlaws90

Note 2 just got a 4.2 build. Has "pie controls." Watched a video on that earlier. Looks cool. Might get excited over aosp again.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

So did the i9100 and that was then ported to the i777 easily, 2 Samsung Galaxy S II devices.

I just found where you stashed away 2.99 from Jan 12. :) Flashing and giving a test now.

Just put PA 2.99 on my i777 and am not gonna look back, one it hits evita, it will probably be all I use.

EDIT: Look like Per-App-Color isn't working is this build, but what can you really expect from a first build right. It does when you set it in interface for universal app color, not when you set it under apps though. Great job rohan, keep up the awesome work. I will await future builds, Im gonna run this for a bit though, it looks OK.

Data works fine for me, well I made a phone call.

Last edited:

4ty-phive

Apr 7, 2009
So, I have been using 2.54 for a while now and it has been wonderful. It is my daily driver until AT&T releases an official update. Lately, however, the SIM card is going undetected frequently. I can activate airplane mode for a minute, then put it back and solves the problem for a while. But, then I get a force reboot because the SIM goes undetected again. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Or, do I just tough it out? Thanks

Graeme748

Feb 27, 2010
So, I have been using 2.54 for a while now and it has been wonderful. It is my daily driver until AT&T releases an official update. Lately, however, the SIM card is going undetected frequently. I can activate airplane mode for a minute, then put it back and solves the problem for a while. But, then I get a force reboot because the SIM goes undetected again. Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Or, do I just tough it out? Thanks
I had the same thing happen to me after using the ROM since late last year. I fixed it by blowing it away and re-installing it. Actually I tried another ROM decided PA was better, then re-installed PA. Since the re-install the problem has not returned...(yet)!

Well, since writing my response I have had at least 5 instances where I have had to reboot my phone because of this same issue. It seems I spoke too soon!

Last edited:

rabi347

Oct 8, 2010
Need help. I am on viper xl and I tried to install pa, but after installing, when I reboot, it gets stuck on the boot logo. Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

namian_semazen

Jun 24, 2012
kedah
Can I?

Actually i want to use PA-PREF.apk without using the whole rom:). Excuse me for my dumb question:confused:. I'm wondering, can i pull out paranoid preferences.apk then put it into any other custom rom? Can it be use inside non paranoid rom? If it could, how can i put "Paranoid Preferences or Hybrid Properties'' also the PA icon as a sub menu in setting.apk and what other file that i must put along with noid pref.apk to make sure it can fully work n can be use inside non-PA rom? If anybody know how to do it, please reply me. This is only my crazy idea, to use it inside other rom. I'm not forcing anyone to tell me how to do it or tell me to use the search button. I already hit the search button before post this reply here. So please, if u know about this i'm glad to hear your oppinient. I'm really want to have those preferences inside my daily use rom. But, if noid pref.apk could not work outside paranoid rom, so i will not think about this anymore. Btw, Paranoid Rom were totally awsome/ really love those per app dpi/colour.

Sorry for my english. I'll try to learn it no matter how :D

D

Deleted member 628254

I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffwyeh

Jan 21, 2011
I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?

If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.

D

Deleted member 628254

If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.

He could always use flash image gui so he don't need the computer.

Stroked from my Dirty Nocturnal'd Optimus G

Unfortunately i've got hboot 2.14...no worries, will flash the ROM in recovery and fastboot the boot.img

This method should work for all AOKP based ROMs am i right? sorry for the noobish question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pax3u3k.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your device into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of it.

Video of this ROM in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-JMBshwzE (thanks denversc!!)

Donate to me here

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• Download Zip: Rom: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/pa
    • TWRP: YOU NEED TO FULLWIPE IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM BEFORE
    • TWRP: Flash ROM ZIP
    • TWRP: Install Zip: Gapps: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • TWRP: Wipe Cache Partition
    • TWRP: Wipe Dalvik Cache & reboot
    • Edit your DPI settings to your heart's content!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

• thanks to h8rift for CM10
    • thanks to xkonni and intervigil for their ville work
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • Cyanogenmod Team
    How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png
    Just wanted to give you guys an update...

PA moved to a pure AOSP base instead of CM in 4.2, which makes my life very hard, as all the hardware that we have in our device by default isn't supported in AOSP. I spent the last 5 hours or so hacking together a build, going through error after error and i finally got it building and booting.

The new PA is called AOSPA (AOSP + PA)

Current issues are:

Maybe more

I'll fix those two up and then release. Just wanted to say I finally got it booting today... very happy :D and now I can work on a pure AOSP ROM as well.
    Source for my device tree and stuff will take a LONNNG time since I hacked so many things to get it building. I'll also work towards getting us official again in 4.2.
    PA 2.55

PA 2.55: http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/pa

Changes:
    Show/hide PA Settings shortcut
    Updated SuperSU
    Various other CM updates and bugfixes; should be on par with CM 10.0 stable in terms of stability

This is the last release from the PA team before 4.2
    This build just became official :)
    http://review.paranoid-rom.com/#/c/110/

Well, that was a lot easier than AOKP to make official XD