[Q] Black screen after replacing

Search This thread

ilgeor

Nov 11, 2009
Hi Guys,
After I "replaced" the screen,it was blank, yet booting and visible to computer,
I decided to recheck - and switched to the old screen. It didn't work either!
So now I have two sceens but non is functional

Any ideas?
Btw, i found this topic
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529791
but there is no solution

Last edited:

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Hi Guys,
After I "replaced" the screen,it was blank, yet booting and visible to computer,
I decided to recheck - and switched to the old screen. It didn't work either!
So now I have two sceens but non

Any ideas?
Btw, i found this topic
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2529791
but there is no solution

Got the same problem right now, trying to solve it. Was about to post new topic but saw yours. Can you boot your device into bootloader? Mine seems to be able to do that and I see everything but once it shows the Google logo during normal boot or recovery, the screen goes dark and blank.

Very mysterious indeed, never seen this issue before...

Hoping someone can shed some light on this...

deltatux

ilgeor

Nov 11, 2009
Can you remind me of how you did it?
Cause vol up+power\vol down+power won't work for me

What screen have you bought?
Cause I was super anxious about getting original Hydis, now chungwa they now sell everywhere
at first, I would think that I somehow messed uo the cable - but if you are saying, that you are able to boot

mystery!

I guess, we need some experienced service man here

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
Can you remind me of how you did it?
Cause vol up+power\vol down+power won't work for me

What screen have you bought?
Cause I was super anxious about getting original Hydis, now chungwa they now sell everywhere
at first, I would think that I somehow messed uo the cable - but if you are saying, that you are able to boot

mystery!

I guess, we need some experienced service man here

Vol down + power. Though upon further reassembly, it seemed to get worse. Now my screen won't even light up or show anything. Try shining a flashlight on the LCD panel. Do you see anything? If you do, it's likely a bad data cable. In which case, you should find one on eBay.

deltatux

ilgeor

Nov 11, 2009
It isn't working at all(
But I can't be 100% sure, cause I've so many change cycles

Buying things on ebay means +1 month of waiting, so I'd prefer to know exactly, will the new cable heal me tablet

Anyway, have you decided, what happened to your screen?

deltatux

Apr 17, 2011
Toronto
It isn't working at all(
But I can't be 100% sure, cause I've so many change cycles

Buying things on ebay means +1 month of waiting, so I'd prefer to know exactly, will the new cable heal me tablet

Anyway, have you decided, what happened to your screen?

For me since I shone a light and there is something showing underneath and I know that the panel should work since I did see a Google logo and fastboot did properly show up before I reassembled it again 2 times before it completely disappeared, It's likely the data cable, so I repurchased a data cable from eBay.

Have you tried shining a light on to the LCD panel to see if you see anything? If not, it's likely a faulty LCD panel.

deltatux