ROM Factory v1.7.1[May/12/2012 apk]

Search This thread

samcripp

Retired Recognized Developer
May 20, 2010
Sanford
NEWrf.png

And thank you all for your Ad clicking and donations. You guys are awesome!
Android Market Link [free]
ROM Factory

What is ROM Factory?
Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
What is a "Fruit Cake"?
A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
So really what does it do?
It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
Can this be use for easier rom development?
Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".

Supported Devices:

olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus)

Experimental Support:

umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)

Your phone must be rooted!

Step One: Press the Install Resources button on screen.
Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.

Step Two: Press the Create Fruit Cake button on the screen.
Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.​

You use this application at your own risk, I am in no way responsible for any damage this application causes.

Last edited:

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
Oficial Support for LG G2x

Back Up mode = Further information is needed for back up mode support

Last edited:

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
So this basicly makes backup of your phone in update.zip format?

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
Not really it backs up your current system and makes it available like any other rom.
Doesn't back up everything. Only system as far as I understand it

sent from my Google device

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
FCM RC3 v1.4.4

FCM RC3 v1.4.4(Current Release)
Release Notes

Added Reset Option Menu.
Re-write the engine that configures the phone install!
fixed a bug on photon 4g.
fixed the force close of doom bug.
fixed sgs2att issues
fixed sgs2att install script
fixes to various bugs
Added support for latest ics
GUI Touch Ups
Added Experimental Support:

triumph, WX435, fb0, p999, p990, p970, ace, pyramid, galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo, crespo4g, toro, maguro

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
#FCM RC4 v1.5(Current Release)

-GUI Enhancements
Multiple Screen Size support
Tablet Support
A new themed layout
NO MORE ADS
-Script Engine Enhancements
Options, ie: Dev name, rom name, save rom preferences.
-Performance
Complete Re-write of the install and create methods (faster performance)
The reset button is bye bye! The app will now erase the workdir as it creates the rom!

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Is this apk the reason for all the new roms lately?

Nvidia always!

No.

One of the biggest reasons is that Whitehawkx released some of his personally written files to ease porting of MIUI from the O2X, so now there are a dozen and a half MIUI variants. The others just happen to be around - people have a lot of spare time during December it seems.

Reactions: jetbruceli

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
1.6 - The update that took a month. Will be release today. This will be amazing. I'm just waiting on testers.

Advance Mode
Apps Mode
Back Up Mode

New look

Open Source components

New site, new forums, new devices.

The update will be made available late tonight or early tomorrow. Depends on how tire I am after i get off work.

We are alive and kicking. Since release, Fruit Cake Maker has been downloaded 1,956 times. We are 556 active developers. A total of 12 bugs have been crushed. We currently work on 20+ devices and devices variants.

Nightlys and experimental.

Starting Feb 1st or 2nd. My build bot will begin auto compiling nightlys for those who want to experiment with the latest changes. Nightlys will be compile each night and made available no later than midnight.

An experimental build will begin to be compile mid Feb. the build will be compile every friday at 6pm. The experimental build will feture a different preference screen, and will require the user to specify all the variables. ie: boot location, system location, storage, mode. so on. This build aims at enthusiast who wish to use the tool on a non supported device.

FCM now has requirements. Busybox must be installed to use the back up mode.

Thank guys for your support.

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
I'm currently waiting on Google.

I submitted the new version into the market, but somehow i ended up with an older version being available for download. hopefully this issue will be solved soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: buru898

samcripp

May 20, 2010
Sanford
1.6 finally!

Some of the testers are reporting errors with the new modes, but changing storage location seem to be working quit good. I will be writing a tutorial on how to properly use all the new modes. Regardless, this new version requires Busybox for app mode, and back up mode. It must be installed on /system/xbin << same location used by cm7 and cm9. I will be releasing a new version tomorrow or Thursday, to fix some of the new mode woes.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Some of the testers are reporting errors with the new modes, but changing storage location seem to be working quit good. I will be writing a tutorial on how to properly use all the new modes. Regardless, this new version requires Busybox for app mode, and back up mode. It must be installed on /system/xbin << same location used by cm7 and cm9. I will be releasing a new version tomorrow or Thursday, to fix some of the new mode woes.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I have noticed that the flash ables are able to be edited with 7zip or Linux archive manager. Any idea why?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEWrf.png

And thank you all for your Ad clicking and donations. You guys are awesome!
    Android Market Link [free]
    ROM Factory

What is ROM Factory?
    Its a tool that will allow the user to create a picture perfect .img from your boot and system partition. It will then create an update.zip from it.
    What is a "Fruit Cake"?
    A fruit cake is the finish product, a self contain rom, already ready for installation, already inside an update.zip.
    So really what does it do?
    It allows a bootloader unlocked user to create a full copy of their boot and system partition. All of it, including mods and changes done to either one of those partitions.
    Can this be use for easier rom development?
    Yes! Beyond just its normal capabilities! After installing the resources you can modify the script and add things to it in *sdcard* /fcm/workdir! Once you are done adding and changing things in there, press "Create ROM".

Supported Devices:

olympus (atrix), sunfire (photon), triumph, WX435, fb0 (triumph), p999 (lg g2x), p990 (lg o2x), p970 (lg optimus black), ace (htc desired hd), pyramid (htc sensation), galaxys2, GT-I9100, GT-I9100M, GT-I9100T, SGH-I777, SGH-I727, hercules, crespo (nexus s), crespo4g (nexus s 4g), toro (cdma galaxy nexus), maguro (gsm galaxy nexus)

Experimental Support:

umts_jordan(defy), wingray, stingray (xoom)

Your phone must be rooted!

Step One: Press the Install Resources button on screen.
    Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.

Step Two: Press the Create Fruit Cake button on the screen.
    Patience this step could take up to 5 minutes.​

You use this application at your own risk, I am in no way responsible for any damage this application causes.
    Is this apk the reason for all the new roms lately?

Nvidia always!

No.

One of the biggest reasons is that Whitehawkx released some of his personally written files to ease porting of MIUI from the O2X, so now there are a dozen and a half MIUI variants. The others just happen to be around - people have a lot of spare time during December it seems.
    I'm currently waiting on Google.

I submitted the new version into the market, but somehow i ended up with an older version being available for download. hopefully this issue will be solved soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.