[Tutorial] Arc/ Arc S Cover exchange.

Search This thread

arcs_austria

Jun 23, 2012
Vienna
Today I changed the cover of my S Arc. If everything is wonderful. Some tricky passages are but did not take longer than 30 minutes.

Hope the instructions are easy to understand, because my english is bad :)

six screws (four Torx, two cross) solve. Back cover away from the frame, to use a pick or sharpened credit cards. Left, right and down the latches loosen with a pick, remove the back cover then simply

Remove all peripherals (camera, Vibi and sensors, antenna cable, DisplayPort connector, touch screen connector, flex connector). Carefully arrange with your fingernail.

Remove print. Pry with a little leverage from the Micro-USB connector her out.

Navi-board removed. Solve the double-sided adhesive with a plectrum in Naviboard. Be careful when introducing a pick, that no parts are damaged by the board. Then-board navigation system, together with double sided adhesive removed. In the camera switch is a barb, these purely press lightly with tweezers first, and then remove the camera switches to the whole Flex.

Display / touch screen front part. Gently (really gently) push plectrum between the front and display (not more than 2mm to 5mm, otherwise the display and touch separately). A drive around it once or twice to dissolve the glue. Then try to remove the display / touch screen from below (with my forth below by the Navi key, not the reverse). Watch out for the flex and connectors, so they are not damaged. In separate action all over the screen or there will never touch the spots and shadows on the display.

Original: http://www.pocketpc.ch/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-arc-s/142357-cover-wechsel-anleitung.html

Thanks to Obertoni from pocketpc.ch

Here are some Pictures ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0409.jpg
    DSC_0409.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 2,453
  • DSC_0410.jpg
    DSC_0410.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 2,182
  • DSC_0411.jpg
    DSC_0411.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 2,048
  • DSC_0412.jpg
    DSC_0412.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,900
  • DSC_0413.jpg
    DSC_0413.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 1,782
  • DSC_0414.jpg
    DSC_0414.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 1,717
  • DSC_0415.jpg
    DSC_0415.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,670
  • DSC_0416.jpg
    DSC_0416.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 1,559
  • DSC_0417.jpg
    DSC_0417.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 1,572
  • DSC_0418.jpg
    DSC_0418.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 1,557
  • DSC_0419.jpg
    DSC_0419.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 1,507
  • DSC_0420.jpg
    DSC_0420.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 1,491
  • DSC_0421.jpg
    DSC_0421.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 1,476
  • DSC_0422.jpg
    DSC_0422.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 1,432
  • DSC_0423.jpg
    DSC_0423.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 1,481
  • DSC_0424.jpg
    DSC_0424.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 1,782
Last edited:

papayayoghurt

Feb 7, 2012
Vienna
Come on...
you took this from "Obertoni" on pocketpc.ch. Without Creditz.:mad:

U only translated it, and you did it bad!

Post reported at pocketpc.ch

Sent from my ICS-powered arc S. From Austria! You don't know Austria? Google!
PS: Thank or PM me if you like the Rubiks Cube! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: obertoni

dbystrovs

Aug 16, 2012
Hi guys

Can you help me please I need exact size of trox screws in SE arc S :confused: . Thanks for your cooperation :good:

S@LEM

Feb 17, 2012
Riyadh
great instr.
wish i could do that.. just to see if there's any possible way to upgrade the ram and storage :D

Last edited:

Ferrum Master

Dec 22, 2010
Rīga
Well guys, it seems you are also avoiding dentist and trying to repair your teeth by yourselves, ain't it? Like Mr. Bean... (sarcasm)

CraftyCreature

Jun 8, 2012
Durham
This might be helpful in the future and save loads of money! Can't beat DIY! Thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my Xperia™ Arc S on good old Gingerbread using Tapatalk 2

lawgone

Jan 24, 2011
Manila
The local service center of Sony in my country doesn't offer service to replace the housing of my Xperia Arc unless I'll buy the parts (housing or body + digitizer) from them. They won't do it if I'll just provide the housing which, say for example, came from ebay. It should include the digitizer and be ordered from them. The funny thing is that it will cost me as much as what a brand new Xperia Arc costs right now in my country.

So I guess, I have to do it myself to save money. I'm just afraid to mess up. :(

PS.: Can anyone post a link of the proper tools needed to do the disassembly/re-assembly? (e.g.: screwdrivers, glues?, etc.)

sonyarcs

Apr 11, 2012
i've managed to disassemble digitizer from household and there is some kind of glue. The best way is to heat up a little around the smartphone household and the try to remove the display. putting back new display is easy and doesn't need any new glue, just put it in the place and press around firmly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I changed the cover of my S Arc. If everything is wonderful. Some tricky passages are but did not take longer than 30 minutes.

Hope the instructions are easy to understand, because my english is bad :)

six screws (four Torx, two cross) solve. Back cover away from the frame, to use a pick or sharpened credit cards. Left, right and down the latches loosen with a pick, remove the back cover then simply

Remove all peripherals (camera, Vibi and sensors, antenna cable, DisplayPort connector, touch screen connector, flex connector). Carefully arrange with your fingernail.

Remove print. Pry with a little leverage from the Micro-USB connector her out.

Navi-board removed. Solve the double-sided adhesive with a plectrum in Naviboard. Be careful when introducing a pick, that no parts are damaged by the board. Then-board navigation system, together with double sided adhesive removed. In the camera switch is a barb, these purely press lightly with tweezers first, and then remove the camera switches to the whole Flex.

Display / touch screen front part. Gently (really gently) push plectrum between the front and display (not more than 2mm to 5mm, otherwise the display and touch separately). A drive around it once or twice to dissolve the glue. Then try to remove the display / touch screen from below (with my forth below by the Navi key, not the reverse). Watch out for the flex and connectors, so they are not damaged. In separate action all over the screen or there will never touch the spots and shadows on the display.

Original: http://www.pocketpc.ch/sony-ericsson-xperia-arc-arc-s/142357-cover-wechsel-anleitung.html

Thanks to Obertoni from pocketpc.ch

Here are some Pictures ;)
    Come on...
    you took this from "Obertoni" on pocketpc.ch. Without Creditz.:mad:

U only translated it, and you did it bad!

Post reported at pocketpc.ch

Sent from my ICS-powered arc S. From Austria! You don't know Austria? Google!
    PS: Thank or PM me if you like the Rubiks Cube! :)