Google Hangouts - unacceptable loading time

Search This thread

setspeed

May 4, 2009
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
How many messages do you have? If you have several thousand messages, that might be causing the delay in loading

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
I have never seen any thread about this before so it must be isolated to you. Hangouts was superquick for me but I uninstalled it in favor of textra.

setspeed

May 4, 2009
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Had my N5 for quite a while now and I have only ONE issue with it - Hangouts. It takes ages to load, sometimes as much as 5 seconds. Every single other app is fine, but Hangouts just infuriates me. Am I the only person with this problem?

I'm running Cataclysm and Franco atm, but this was exactly the same when my phone was completely stock. I'm on Dalvik as well, because I can't give up Xposed.

Yep, it runs like molasses.

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
I have about 500 messages in there. I've dumped it now anyway, gone to the old Google Messaging app. There's nothing about Hangouts that I particularly like anyway, so getting rid was an easy decision.

Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Wow. I don't ever save any of my messages if that convo isn't important anymore. You're like my wife. She never deletes any of her texts on her note 2 and you should see her default stock app lag like hell loading.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

This ^

If it's that important, have them email it to you. All SMSs are deleted as soon as they're read

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.

Reactions: monkeypaws

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got 15,000+ messages. I use hangouts on a regular basis and I never experienced it loading for more than 1.5 seconds on any situation.
    I encountered that on my old Nexus S. But this is a Nexus 5. I don't expect hiccups or lags on any app and so far it delivers.