[Q] Can I delete the option "wipe data/factory reset"?

Search This thread

Rrules

Mar 29, 2014
Hi, I just want to know if there's a way to remove this option from CWM, just because if someday my phone is stolen (highly likely) I don't want the thief to recover the software that easy. As a last resource I would rather to make impossible to do the hard reset. I would love tu know if you have some other ideas :) .
Thanks in advance.

jojohnson250

Dec 1, 2013
Hi, I just want to know if there's a way to remove this option from CWM, just because if someday my phone is stolen (highly likely) I don't want the thief to recover the software that easy. As a last resource I would rather to make impossible to do the hard reset. I would love tu know if you have some other ideas :) .
Thanks in advance.

Can you not use sim lock????

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

jojohnson250

Dec 1, 2013
I am pretty sure because a thief will want to change sim so you can't track him down but the phone is locked to your sim and will require your password to insert a new sim so yeah I reckon it will only way to be sure is to test it out yourself

Reactions: Rrules

Andr3y29

Jan 31, 2013
Buzau
If the thief is smart enough to reboot into recovery and Factory Reset, then he is smart enough to reboot into Download Mode and flash another recovery (TWRP, Philz...) that has activated the Factory Reset

Reactions: Rrules

Rrules

Mar 29, 2014
I am pretty sure because a thief will want to change sim so you can't track him down but the phone is locked to your sim and will require your password to insert a new sim so yeah I reckon it will only way to be sure is to test it out yourself

even so, I was searching and there are ways to undo that... for example: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help/how-to-sim-unlock-t1683348 so I don't think thats the best answer :(

If the thief is smart enough to reboot into recovery and Factory Reset, then he is smart enough to reboot into Download Mode and flash another recovery (TWRP, Philz...) that has activated the Factory Reset

Good point, I'm new at this so I did'nt think about that.

So far the only thing that comes to my mind is to glue the sim :eek: I really hope there can be some software solution...

jojohnson250

Dec 1, 2013
even so, I was searching and there are ways to undo that... for example: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/help/how-to-sim-unlock-t1683348 so I don't think thats the best answer :(

Good point, I'm new at this so I did'nt think about that.

So far the only thing that comes to my mind is to glue the sim :eek: I really hope there can be some software solution...

The link you posted was to unlock a locked phone from a network so all other sim can be used and not the one provided with the phone. What I suggested was to go to settings then more then security and set up sim lock, this means if anyone changes the sim on your phone it will require a password, Try it out yourself!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.