[Q] Mobile Network Not Available

Search This thread

Illderan

Jul 25, 2014
Hi. I'll simply explain what happend.
I went by plane. I switch my phone on to airplane mode, but when I switch it back phone can't connect to my home network.
It detected networks and can connect to the internet but I can't make any call or recive it (the same with SMS).
It show Me the error message - Mobile Network Not Available or just simply Call ended after two beeps signal.
Show me yellow triangle on the top notification bar and message - No service, Selected network unavailable

I checked IMEI - it's correct
I used PC Companion tool to Repair My Phone - doesn't help
SIM card work well in other phone
other SIM cards - the same problem - not working (I even tryed SIM card from different country network operator).
Phone has no SIM lock
Back to factory settings doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas what going on with my phone and how to fix it? Please

Model: D5503
Android version: 4.4.2
Build number: 14.3.A.0.757

Schlengge

Sep 11, 2012
Berlin
So it did work before in your home network?
Or is it an issue with a new phone?

Sounds strange to me... If your SIM works in other phones, it can't be a provider issue.
I can't imagine that it is a software issue since it keeps happening after a factory reset.
If it's the hardware it is a warranty issue...

But maybe somebody has a suggestion for you.

Illderan

Jul 25, 2014
Schlengge -
So it did work before in your home network?
Or is it an issue with a new phone?

Well, it's new phone (two months) witch work in my home network before holidays and work in roaming network as well.
I spend hours on google... no effect.
I chat on Sony support. They said it can be manufacture faulty. I'll send it to service on monday if I'll not find any other way to fix it.

Last edited:

rapatar

Dec 10, 2013
Same problem with Sony xperia z5 compact

Hi. I'll simply explain what happend.
I went by plane. I switch my phone on to airplane mode, but when I switch it back phone can't connect to my home network.
It detected networks and can connect to the internet but I can't make any call or recive it (the same with SMS).
It show Me the error message - Mobile Network Not Available or just simply Call ended after two beeps signal.
Show me yellow triangle on the top notification bar and message - No service, Selected network unavailable

I checked IMEI - it's correct
I used PC Companion tool to Repair My Phone - doesn't help
SIM card work well in other phone
other SIM cards - the same problem - not working (I even tryed SIM card from different country network operator).
Phone has no SIM lock
Back to factory settings doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas what going on with my phone and how to fix it? Please

Model: D5503
Android version: 4.4.2
Build number: 14.3.A.0.757

Hello Schlengge! Can you tell me how could u solve that problem? Because i have the same problem on my new (2 month) sony xperia z5 compact e5803. I have mobile data, but dailing and sms is not working. Hope you could find out the ways to fix it)))

packetfire

Nov 28, 2015
Hello Schlengge! Can you tell me how could u solve that problem? Because i have the same problem on my new (2 month) sony xperia z5 compact e5803. I have mobile data, but dailing and sms is not working. Hope you could find out the ways to fix it)))
I had some unusual problems with an inability to xfer data over the mobile network (as opposed to the WiFi) on my wife's Z1c, after both had been fitted with what seemed to be brand-new sim cards by the local T-Mobile store, and I found that in:

*Settings
*Wireless & Networks: More
*Mobile networks
*Access point names

...that she (somehow) had an access point name of "epic.t-mobile.com" as opposed to my APN of "fast.t-mobile.com"
So, I deleted that, and selected "create default APN", and fixed the problem.

There are other settings in that same menu, such as "preferred network type" that might be messing you up.
She could make calls and send texts with this problem, but had no internet unless she turned on WiFi.

But I cannot imagine what would be re-provisioned by switching airplane mode on and then off.
Perhaps you need to declare your sim card a dead parrot, and get a fresh one from your service provider.
This is pure speculation, I have no evidence or experience, just guessing at things that MIGHT cause such a symptom.

Sep 7, 2016
Hi Team,

I have purchsed a brand new Xperia Z1 from a retail store.

I am having problem with mobile network connectivity, its not behaving in normal manners.

Many times it drops network and many times it gets auto switch off in a single day and I need to restart it 2-3 times in a single day to make it work properly.

Many times it happens that its showing full network strength and when somebody calls me it says that this number doesn't exist, this is not a simcard issue as my sim is working perfectly when I use it in any other mobile.

I have already given it to sony service center two times and they use to say that softwer was required to be updated that's why you were having network problem but its not resolved yet.

Its is very costly mobile phone and as of now I can't afford to buy any new phone as I have spent my whole savings to buy this phone.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

absarahmedkhan123

Sep 29, 2017
Hi Team,

I am having problem with mobile network connectivity, its not behaving in normal manners.

Many times it drops network and many times it gets auto switch off in a single day and I need to restart it 2-3 times in a single day to make it work properly.

Many times it happens that its showing full network strength and when somebody calls me it says that this number doesn't exist, this is not a simcard issue as my sim is working perfectly when I use it in any other mobile.

I have already given it to sony service center two times and they use to say that softwer was required to be updated that's why you were having network problem but its not resolved yet.

Its is very costly mobile phone and as of now I can't afford to buy any new phone as I have spent my whole savings to buy this phone.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Solution:

I struggled for 2 days to resolve this. And the solution was so simple. I resolved the issue accidentally.

Besides following all the recommendations (except the hardware part) on different online forums I was exhausted. Doing nothing, I started making a backup of my cell phone with an idle mind. And there I found an option to reset your network. I have Sony Xperia Z3 Dual. You should try this.

Go to Settings -> Back up and Reset

Scroll down

Go to "Network Settings Reset".

Then reset your cellular network. And bingo. It worked for me. I was able to make calls and use my cellphone in normal mode.

Please let me know if it worked for you. I can guide you for some more tricks.

Reactions: efpraim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Team,

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Solution:

I struggled for 2 days to resolve this. And the solution was so simple. I resolved the issue accidentally.

Besides following all the recommendations (except the hardware part) on different online forums I was exhausted. Doing nothing, I started making a backup of my cell phone with an idle mind. And there I found an option to reset your network. I have Sony Xperia Z3 Dual. You should try this.

Go to Settings -> Back up and Reset

Scroll down

Go to "Network Settings Reset".

Then reset your cellular network. And bingo. It worked for me. I was able to make calls and use my cellphone in normal mode.

Please let me know if it worked for you. I can guide you for some more tricks.