Can't Mount SD Card in ClockWorkMod Recovery

Search This thread

xitzjonnyx

May 9, 2012
So ive been at this for 2 days. I finally got the micro sd card with both files to install rom but in clockworkmod recovery i cant mount sd card nor format or anything. I can mount and unmount in the normal settings of the device and see it in root explorer but thats it. Its formatted to fat32. also on rom manager where it says to install from sdcard it only takes u to the internal sdcard which makes no sense because i was told u cant install a rom from the internal sdcard.
PS. This is my first Android Device!!!!

pootklopp

Mar 7, 2010
yeah

I am in the exact same situation. I am rooted on 4.0.3 and I wanted to install 4.0.4 or one of the custom ROM's. This is not my first android device but I am at a loss. I can not enter fastboot, can't load anything from the SD card in CWM recovery (get the message E:Can't mount /sdcard/), can not connect via ADB on my PC.

I feel that I have enough skill to do all of this because I have done it in the past. My ADB works fine with my Galaxy Nexus (just updated that and installed new kernel) so I don't know what is causing the problem. I have tried different SD cards(3) as well and nothing.

The biggest problem is I can not get into fastboot and SBF if I wanted to. I have been having issues with drivers even though I have installed motohelper like 6 million times.

I have tried factory resets and wipes and everything. I tried to do the factory update that is being pushed to me and I get an error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if this is stealing your thread but I think we are having the same problems.

xitzjonnyx

May 9, 2012
check out my thread at xoomforums:
I PM'd it to u cus it dont let me put it here
Read all 3 pages. I think it will help u. posted same question there and a guy suggested to install the rogue cwm 1.5 recory via adb fastboot or whatever. he says that will read your sdcards. if i were u id try and fastboot on a different pc cus it looks like thats what we both have to do unfortunately. it looks like a pain!!! u have a xoom?

platt

Feb 13, 2010
anyone figured out how to sort this?? really frustrating it just sayin E:can't mount sd card.. any help will be appreciated!!

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
anyone figured out how to sort this?? really frustrating it just sayin E:can't mount sd card.. any help will be appreciated!!
If you are using CWM recovery from Rom Manager (not recommended for Xoom) it does only read your internal flash memory (called sdcard) but not your external microsd card (called external1???). So you need to flash a different custom recovery using adb/fastboot to flash a recovery.image file or, if you can flash through cwm (from internal sdcard) a recovery.zip file (either EOS or Rogue, depending on the ROM you will flash afterwards), Actually, any custom recovery is supposed to work for any rom, but in reality Eos works best for Eos and Rogue works best for the CM9 Kang.

Please, just remember, never flash a .zip file through fastboot, only an .image file!

Reactions: Ipse_Tase

Fugitive87

Nov 12, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
+1 i agree with the above, fixed this last night. I download a couple recovery images, which were blank for some reason, so i downloaded the zips and extracted the recovery image folder. Then opened the command window from the folder with the recovery image and flashed it with fastboot. Now it works perfect.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Reactions: xperiaking247

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If you are using CWM recovery from Rom Manager (not recommended for Xoom) it does only read your internal flash memory (called sdcard) but not your external microsd card (called external1???). So you need to flash a different custom recovery using adb/fastboot to flash a recovery.image file or, if you can flash through cwm (from internal sdcard) a recovery.zip file (either EOS or Rogue, depending on the ROM you will flash afterwards), Actually, any custom recovery is supposed to work for any rom, but in reality Eos works best for Eos and Rogue works best for the CM9 Kang.

Please, just remember, never flash a .zip file through fastboot, only an .image file!

Thanks for saving the last half of my hair which I hadn't pulled out yet.
Got the backup on SD ONLY after flashing the EOS recovery 1.5.0 (i tried the latest to begin with, did not work, made it worse flashing recovery from ROM Mgr)

http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/mot...ing-flashing-unrooting-under-one-roof-59.html has this particular recovery listed.

I still cannot boot in recovery using power+volUP...i have to get at least adb running. Any suggestion would be golden.

Last edited:

pvinayraju2k4

Jan 28, 2014
hyderabad
error mounting /internal_sdcard!

error mounting /internal_sdcard! pls help me it got stuck in boot loop tried to wipe cache and user data bt cwm says error mounting /internal_sdcard!

pvinayraju2k4

Jan 28, 2014
hyderabad
Thanks for saving the last half of my hair which I hadn't pulled out yet.
Got the backup on SD ONLY after flashing the EOS recovery 1.5.0 (i tried the latest to begin with, did not work, made it worse flashing recovery from ROM Mgr)

http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/mot...ing-flashing-unrooting-under-one-roof-59.html has this particular recovery listed.

I still cannot boot in recovery using power+volUP...i have to get at least adb running. Any suggestion would be golden.

Delete any zip files or IMG files from sdcard and reboot it this helped me ............ Hit thanks if helped

Sent from my HTC Desire C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

whorizon2112

Jun 25, 2013
Knoxville
This is my first attempt at unlocking and rooting. So far I did manage to get unlocked. Now I am stuck at: Can't mount/sdcard . . . . .

I have been following the thread: [HOW] Rookie Rooting, Flashing And UnRooting Under One Roof

It seems to be layed out quite well and well, I'd never have gotten this far if it weren't for following those directions. I'm not discouraged because I know this is just a stumbling block. I can't wait to kill the bloatware and see if I can O/C this beast just a little.
Good luck to the folks who posted above me. I will post my results here.

Mike P.

3l3ctro

Jan 29, 2017
I think the solution is much more simple...

The recovery uses normally e: an external sd card , you just trying by d: internal sd card , so take another sd card and dun let it be internal sd card...
And the recovery back on working with you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    check out my thread at xoomforums:
    I PM'd it to u cus it dont let me put it here
    Read all 3 pages. I think it will help u. posted same question there and a guy suggested to install the rogue cwm 1.5 recory via adb fastboot or whatever. he says that will read your sdcards. if i were u id try and fastboot on a different pc cus it looks like thats what we both have to do unfortunately. it looks like a pain!!! u have a xoom?

+1 i agree with the above, fixed this last night. I download a couple recovery images, which were blank for some reason, so i downloaded the zips and extracted the recovery image folder. Then opened the command window from the folder with the recovery image and flashed it with fastboot. Now it works perfect.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium