Installed stock rom but Motochopper said root already exists...

Search This thread

serkobe

Mar 17, 2011
As I mentioned, I rooted my tf700t and installed stock non-rooted 4.2.1 JB rom from Asus' site. But now I need to root the device again. I tried to do this with Motochopper but it said that root is already exists in my device.
How can I handle with this ?

Thank you from now for all response.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
As I mentioned, I rooted my tf700t and installed stock non-rooted 4.2.1 JB rom from Asus' site. But now I need to root the device again. I tried to do this with Motochopper but it said that root is already exists in my device.
How can I handle with this ?

Thank you from now for all response.

Motochopper can't root the latest .10 update. I think you can go to .8, root with motochopper and then use voodoo ota rootkeeper to keep root via ota update.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Cannot understand clearly.. Could you explain more please what the ".10" is and about ota rootkeeper?

sbdags meant the 10.6.1.14.10 firmware. Motochopper only worked up to 10.6.1.14.8.
One way to get root on .10 is to downgrade to .8, root with Motochopper, use Voodoo Rootkeeper to backup your root and then let the tablet upate to the latest .10 firmware by accepting the OTA update from Asus (which you should get by checking for system updates from Settings), then restore root with Voodoo Rootkeeper.
A little easier is to use Kingo Android Root. It will root the .10 firmware, but it only works on Windows I think.

serkobe

Mar 17, 2011
sbdags meant the 10.6.1.14.10 firmware. Motochopper only worked up to 10.6.1.14.8.
One way to get root on .10 is to downgrade to .8, root with Motochopper, use Voodoo Rootkeeper to backup your root and then let the tablet upate to the latest .10 firmware by accepting the OTA update from Asus (which you should get by checking for system updates from Settings), then restore root with Voodoo Rootkeeper.
A little easier is to use Kingo Android Root. It will root the .10 firmware, but it only works on Windows I think.

I'll try very soon. Thank you a lot :)