[MOD][ICS] Tiamat Backtrack 5 with Aircrack - Sniff This! - ICS Update 2/7/12

Should I do an Aircrack Tutorial?

• Yes, please show my the h4xr way!

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • No, I'm already a 1337 h4xr and can pwn at will!

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Shouldn't you excuse yourself before you Aircrack?

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
tiamatdev_main_top.png

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom
After much testing, developing, and debugging, Team Tiamat Xoom is proud to present Backtrack 5 with Aircrack for Motorola Xoom! Backtrack 5 is a Linux Distro designed specifically for Information Security (InfoSec) professionals. Aircrack is a software suite for wireless network vulnerability and penetration testing (pentest). We are very excited that we have been able to unify Backtrack, Aircrack, and the Xoom to produce a robust, unified, and mobile security solution.
UPDATE 1/31/12: I'm putting fresh links up do to popular demand. I no longer support this project except in the context of producing an ICS 2.6.39 kernel with compat wireless capabilities. Don't ask when I'll have the kernel. I'll let you know when i have it.
UPDATE 2/7/12: Updated to ICS version with 2.6.39.4 rtl8187 driver. Shortly, I'll post a kernel with all supported USB Wireless drivers. If you don't know what this is, don't download it. I am not babysitting this thread. However, if you have an intelligent question, I'm sure some of the more motivated users may be able to help.
Download Backtrack 5 for Xoom ICS
Download ICS Xoom Development Overlay rev 4 which contains the needed kernel and various BT5 scripts
Download Backtrack 5 Flashable Zip Remover Tool much love and credit to Iruiz2!
Please be advised: The purpose of this thread is to release the Tiamat Xoom Backtrack 5 with Aircrack Expansion Pack. It is also to advance the Android implementation of this suite, along with discussion of drivers, dongles, and other aspects AS IT PERTAINS TO ANDROID. This is not the thread for asking about how to use the software suite. There are countless sources on the internet on which to find information about using the software suite. Also, due to the nature of this software, it may be a violation of XDA policy to discuss certain aspects of vulnerability testing, network penetration, and the like. I will personally follow up with XDA Moderation to determine what is fair game and what it not. Upon receiving guidance from moderation, I will open a thread in the Xoom General section for sharing scripts, tips, strategies, etc.​

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Tiamat Xoom Moray BT5 Power User Expansion Pack

DEPRICATED -- Use the development overlay in the Tegra Hardware and Feature Implementation thread or just download in the above post.

Tiamat Xoom Rom users who use the Backtrack 5 package should be able to flash rom upgrades on not skip a beat! Simply flash this expansion pack over your Tiamat Xoom Moray rom update to keep backtrack running and add functionality.

RELEASE PAGE

HIGHLIGHTS

• Dynamic BCM4329 MAC address change script
  • Modules for virtually every usb wifi dongle out there
  • bt5.img mount and unmount script for easy file access
  • mount symlinked to android root for easy file access
  • bt5 script in /xbin for easy chroot shell access
  • ftdi_sio.ko, pl2303.ko, and pegasus.ko for the guys over on the Xoom General board (see, I remember :D )
  • NEW BT5 Script and Resource Flash Zip tool
  • tcpdump
  • And, of course, Tiamat Tachi 2.1 stock gpu kernel
  • This pack replaces the wifi-fix download

Last edited:

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Tools

ConnectBot for Honeycomb
Grab it here . Much credit and thanks to arctu for putting this together. You can have many shells open and easily access them for processing jobs

Last edited:

kevdog

Jan 26, 2010
Nice work --

I'm wondering if users can contribute specific dongles that support monitoring mode with packet injection. I've only used pcmcia cards for monitoring mode. I'm also aware different chipsets seem to perform better than others. I've had good look with the atheros (mad_wifi driver) and broadcom (b43 driver) cards, however I'm aware usb dongles may contain different chipsets. If users could contribute whats working it would be great.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Nice work --

I'm wondering if users can contribute specific dongles that support monitoring mode with packet injection. I've only used pcmcia cards for monitoring mode. I'm also aware different chipsets seem to perform better than others. I've had good look with the atheros (mad_wifi driver) and broadcom (b43 driver) cards, however I'm aware usb dongles may contain different chipsets. If users could contribute whats working it would be great.

Sup kevdog. Ya, that would be perfect. In fact I got 2 OP spots to update with that info. Personally, I have an Alfa and a Netgear dongle and both work well. The Alfa works great. If users could post confirmed working dongles with a link to purchase, that could be useful. Also, I know Solarnz has a dlink that works. However, that dongle required additional firmware to be installed inside the BT image. I haven't addressed firmware yet, but this is an open-ended project in which community involvement is welcome.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Awesome :)

Will your MOD also work with an VNC Client like "BackTrack 5 ARM (with GUI via TightVNCServer)" from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074723 ?

I'm not sure. We used the stock BT5 ARM distro as a base. So if tightvncserver is included, it should. If not, you can always dpkg -i it. Keep in mind, we see no use for vnc in this enviroment and will not be supporting it. This is all shell sir :D, the way a good pentest enviro should be :D

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
I'm not sure. We used the stock BT5 ARM distro as a base. So if tightvncserver is included, it should. If not, you can always dpkg -i it. Keep in mind, we see no use for vnc in this enviroment and will not be supporting it. This is all shell sir :D, the way a good pentest enviro should be :D

The link i posted, is based of "ARM with Gnome" so there is a gui. I dont know if your version also has a gui.

All i know is that vncserver is a part of BT5.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

dascope

Oct 28, 2009
My wifi is broken after installing the zip file via CWM. Shows 'Error' under Wifi in the settings. Any ideas? Do I *need* a dongle to use this add-on?

madamimadam

Jan 23, 2011
Atlanta
I truely have no use for this, but this is great development for the xoom! Congratulations on another wonderful piece of work!

G

gqstatus0685

Awesome work OP. I have a Netgear dongle lying around to play with. Will report results later.

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
^^ demonstration of how speechless I am by the level of contributions made by the awesome developers on Tiamat and Rogue.

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Sorry about the wifi guys

Fix here

It wasn't flashing the kernel right. I missed it because me and the testers already had the kernel installed. Now we're in the game :rolleyes:

G

gqstatus0685

I know this is Tiamet but will this work with Moray? I want to flash but I don't want to mess anything up.

blkr00t

Apr 17, 2008
BRD...this is great news. I can't wait to get my Xoom back next week. I let my son borrow mine for college. He isn't really using it so he is sending it back to me. I played the the BT5 ARM version when it was first release but it was limited. Looks like this addresses those limitations.

Great job as always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tiamatdev_main_top.png

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
    Also available for the Motorola Xoom
    After much testing, developing, and debugging, Team Tiamat Xoom is proud to present Backtrack 5 with Aircrack for Motorola Xoom! Backtrack 5 is a Linux Distro designed specifically for Information Security (InfoSec) professionals. Aircrack is a software suite for wireless network vulnerability and penetration testing (pentest). We are very excited that we have been able to unify Backtrack, Aircrack, and the Xoom to produce a robust, unified, and mobile security solution.
    UPDATE 1/31/12: I'm putting fresh links up do to popular demand. I no longer support this project except in the context of producing an ICS 2.6.39 kernel with compat wireless capabilities. Don't ask when I'll have the kernel. I'll let you know when i have it.
    UPDATE 2/7/12: Updated to ICS version with 2.6.39.4 rtl8187 driver. Shortly, I'll post a kernel with all supported USB Wireless drivers. If you don't know what this is, don't download it. I am not babysitting this thread. However, if you have an intelligent question, I'm sure some of the more motivated users may be able to help.
    Download Backtrack 5 for Xoom ICS
    Download ICS Xoom Development Overlay rev 4 which contains the needed kernel and various BT5 scripts
    Download Backtrack 5 Flashable Zip Remover Tool much love and credit to Iruiz2!
    Please be advised: The purpose of this thread is to release the Tiamat Xoom Backtrack 5 with Aircrack Expansion Pack. It is also to advance the Android implementation of this suite, along with discussion of drivers, dongles, and other aspects AS IT PERTAINS TO ANDROID. This is not the thread for asking about how to use the software suite. There are countless sources on the internet on which to find information about using the software suite. Also, due to the nature of this software, it may be a violation of XDA policy to discuss certain aspects of vulnerability testing, network penetration, and the like. I will personally follow up with XDA Moderation to determine what is fair game and what it not. Upon receiving guidance from moderation, I will open a thread in the Xoom General section for sharing scripts, tips, strategies, etc.​
    +1 on it

Sent from my 3g JB Xoom - By the 1st Xoom RC

Lol ok. I'm getting a kernel together
    Will this work on ICS?

KIDDING! I know it doesn't. Just came to ask: why exactly doesn't it work?

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using Tapatalk

Actually, good timing. I got monitor mode working on rtl8187 driver. And... mac80211 subsystem seems to play nice with dhdbcm. Ill up ics version soon :cool:

For your viewing pleasure ...

al6eW.jpg
    Ics backtrack 5 with rtl8187 driver uploading now. Will update OP tonight at work. First one to sniff a Facebook password sitting at Starbucks get +5 Internets.
    Ok, I was afraid I could f*ck up even accesing recovery... if there's no risk of this by flashing a wrong boot.img, then I'll carry on. Can you confirm that this is what you are telling me? I honestly don't know if boot.img is necessary to get into recovery.

Sent from my Xoom

You can have a borked boot image and get into recovery. In fact, that's almost the whole point of recovery in the first place. Don't worry, I got my lappy out now. I'll see if i can expedite this thing a little :cool:. So, you need the overlay kernel in the 4.1.2 boot image? Also, you may want to add the extra paths and term info stuff to the 4.1.2 boot image. Heck, gimme a few...

Ok here's a 4.1.2 boot image with the overlay kernel. Also added the extra path and term info for bash, nano, etc.

Modded boot image