GoogleMaps with WiFi

Search This thread

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Enjoy...

Not sure if this has been posted before...

What this CAB does is it either adds or modify this reg key :

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Google\GoogleMaps]
"supports_extended_wifi"="1"

and what that reg key does is:
Allows Google Maps to work over WiFi. My location does not work but I believe every other function does.

I found it in Verizon RHODIUM ROM. Thanks to conflipper for link :D

Attachments

• At0mAng_GoogleMaps_WiFi_Fix.cab
    1.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
HUH!? I'm using the official Google Maps and it has always worked fine over wifi! No fix needed.

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
What do you mean by "work over wifi"? Supposedly how is it working without this registry entry? :confused:

What I mean is this...

Google Maps has never worked for me over WiFi. It only worked with GPRS, when you have a cell signal. With this reg entry now it works over WiFi but the My Location does not work yet. You can set the map for your area by searching or moving it to your area and use Google Maps as you would to search for things or directions. Map load time and everything else is much faster. I am looking for the driver in the ROM, if there is one that allows Google Maps My Location feature work over WiFi too.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
HUH!? I'm using the official Google Maps and it has always worked fine over wifi! No fix needed.

From a clean install of official test Wm6.5 ROM on my friends T-Mobile Touch Pro2 Google Maps does not work over WiFi. I have never recalled it working in the past when I have tried it. Maybe you have different version because you are in a different country than me but as far as I recall, on my ROM and official ROM it does not work over WiFi but with registry fix it does.

Turn off your radio and see if google maps works. I just did another hard reset to test and after reset it does not work over wif but with registry tweak it does.

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Images

Can anyone in or out of the United States confirms this works or does not?

googlemaps.png

On left Google Maps with radio disabled, no wifi patch and trying to search.

On right Google Maps with radio disabled, wifi patch enabled and search results.

Last edited:

bodgeman

Nov 17, 2007
google maps works (fully with "my location") for me with wifi without any fix. I use "nodata" to disable all other connections and I use my home and work wifi with no problems! Is there a problem with your wifi - perhaps blocking this app?? (I'm no expert)

andrew-in-woking

Jan 14, 2006
Works!

Hi all

This mod works on HTC Touch Pro2 unbranded stock WM6.1 Europe English ROM 1.19.401.1 and radio 3.46.25.30.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking