Camera not working in landscape orientation

Search This thread

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I asked this q in the at&t forum but I didn't get any responses and I doubt it has anything do with at&t so I'll ask again here:

The issue is that sometimes turning the phone to landscape orientation causes the viewscreen to black out. Switch back to portrait and it comes back. I can take a picture, I just can't see what I'm taking a picture of.

I have the CM11 camera, CameraZoom, and ProCapture. I think this issue is happening in all of them but I'll have to experiment more if someone thinks it is an app issue. This is frustrating because it is not consistently reproducible - it happens when I'm out somewhere trying to catch a picture! I haven't been able to reproduce it in my kitchen. :(

Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Sent from my GT-p511x

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
The only two I've used are CM11 and Mokee and I'm pretty sure it's been on both. As I said, I haven't been able to reproduce it. It's only happened when I've been trying to capture a photo and I think only outside. However, it's not just bright outdoor light (my original thought but not reproducible). I'm clueless and was just hoping someone had an idea.

Sent from my GT-p511x

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
Honestly, I'd probably blame it on AOSP roms (assuming mokee is AOSP too). My roommate has had tons of issues with AOSP roms on his one, while I haven't really suffered very many on mine, but I've stuck to all sense based roms since owning this phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sharonbw

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
I'll try a sense based ROM for a while and see what happens. :)

Sent from my GT-p511x

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Boy, not liking sense based ROM. Had to go back to CM11. Wondering now about various camera apps. Anyone have really good experience to recommend and app? What about Google photosphere?

Sent from my GT-p511x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, I'd probably blame it on AOSP roms (assuming mokee is AOSP too). My roommate has had tons of issues with AOSP roms on his one, while I haven't really suffered very many on mine, but I've stuck to all sense based roms since owning this phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app