[Q] Problem with my N5 when it heats up.

Search This thread

dhaval

May 15, 2007
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum thread, but recently having lots of problem with my N5.

i have a 32GB N5, when I use LTE & Location on the road, it heats up, the screen starts flickering and eventually, gets to a point when I don't see anything, I have to wait for it to cool down, turn off from recovery by guessing and after 15-20-30 mins, it will be back to Normal. Is this an issue with N5 or is it just with mine.

I bought it from Craigslist, so I do not have any warranty info. not sure if I can get it replaced.

I have used many many different ROMs on my N5, it was unlocked & I rooted it. Currently I am running stock rooted with Faux kernel with Gravitybox for customizations.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,
Dhaval.

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
From the way it is described it is way more than just software especially with screen flickering clearly this isn't an issue with every nexus 5 or Google would have addressed it immediately.. I would restore back to complete stock and see if it still does it. Too bad you bought it from some guy off craigslist, he probably knew about the problem and just didn't RMA it.

There is a Q&A forum.

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
Do you get some weird colored lines sort of like TV static also? Randomly, my phone does this every so often and I'm somewhat worried about it.

It only occurs in apps, on the home screen it doesn't occur.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
Do you get some weird colored lines sort of like TV static also? Randomly, my phone does this every so often and I'm somewhat worried about it.

It only occurs in apps, on the home screen it doesn't occur.

A stock Nexus 5 should be pretty well protected from over heating. I would recommending restoring the factory firmware to see if it fixes the problem. If it is still over heating then it probably needs a visit to service.

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
A stock Nexus 5 should be pretty well protected from over heating. I would recommending restoring the factory firmware to see if it fixes the problem. If it is still over heating then it probably needs a visit to service.

ElementalX kernel might be making it funny. I'll go back to stock kernel first and see.