Good for Enterprise and Stock ROM

Search This thread

indy1979

Dec 6, 2012
Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?

I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.

indy1979

Dec 6, 2012
I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.

Yeah, I disabled Knox before installing GFE. I was reading on a couple of other forums about the VZW droids essentially phone home to a NOC similar to Blackberries and thats how VZW is able to block GFE connections and force people to upgrade to corporate data plans.

Reactions: ThePagel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah, I disabled Knox before installing GFE. I was reading on a couple of other forums about the VZW droids essentially phone home to a NOC similar to Blackberries and thats how VZW is able to block GFE connections and force people to upgrade to corporate data plans.