ICS Roms Benchmarked

Search This thread

horndroid

Jan 30, 2012
San Francisco
Used Quadrant Standard Edition 2.0
This was done on 3-28-2012. Pretty much all the ROMs have had new releases since then. So these benchmarks do not accurately reflect the current performance of the ROMs.
Full wipe procedure done before each flash.
Coldboot done for each ROM before running Quadrant. Not doing coldboot resulted in lower I/O score in some cases.

Testing was done using the default settings and kernel of the ROM. No kernels were flashed separately.
Overclock was tested only if the ROM and its default kernel supported it, using the maximum frequency allowed in the ROM's settings + force GPU rendering set to enable in developer settings.

ggNdV.gif

8Bgvh.gif

5KpX8.gif

L8DPu.gif

WHxkc.gif

4CQN9.gif

Android 4.0.4 ROM

YmENS.gif

Last edited:

cspiby

Jun 10, 2011
What the hell is going on with the 2D scores? Why is stock so far ahead of the others?

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
I dont have any fancy diagrams or tables like you but...
I ran quadrant on eos build 12 and got a total of 3.5k (average, 3 runs).

Settings: CPU at 1.4Ghz, no forced gpu rendering.
Breakdown:
cpu: 6200
memory: 3200
I/O: 6000
2D: 110
3D: 1800

Interesting though that stock ICS performs that well compared to the other roms.
So in raw performance there isnt much difference between custom and stock rom, until you start tuning the cpu.

horndroid

Jan 30, 2012
San Francisco
Yup, the reason EOS and CM9 have such high scores is because of the I/O. I wonder how perceivable the difference is to an average user.

Team EOS's has a tiny FPS lag when scrolling home screens despite its high score.

asdfuogh

Jun 22, 2011
Looks like the forced GPU rendering didn't score as high this time though; do you know the explanation? Just curious, not particular adept at computer stuff so unnecessary to answer if you don't have time..

horndroid

Jan 30, 2012
San Francisco
Looks like the forced GPU rendering didn't score as high this time though; do you know the explanation? Just curious, not particular adept at computer stuff so unnecessary to answer if you don't have time..

I don't think you should give much thought to those minor differences.
The scores fluctuate way too much. Honestly, only 3 attempts don't give accurate averages.

mattcoz

Dec 26, 2007
Chicago
Looks to me like it scored 8 higher... or are you comparing to the score when overclocked to 1.64GHz?

justmara

Feb 21, 2011
I was waiting to the Frozn release but comparing its benchamark with the CM9 ones I think that I am going to continue using CM9.

yep. just checked on my cm9 with test8 kernel @ 1,7Ghz:
total: 4185, cpu: 8230, mem: 3274, io: 7466, 2d: 121, 3d: 1834
(2d is low, because 'force 2d' makes some apps flicker and also lowers all other stats in this bench ;) )
so I think I'll stay on CM9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Used Quadrant Standard Edition 2.0
    This was done on 3-28-2012. Pretty much all the ROMs have had new releases since then. So these benchmarks do not accurately reflect the current performance of the ROMs.
    Full wipe procedure done before each flash.
    Coldboot done for each ROM before running Quadrant. Not doing coldboot resulted in lower I/O score in some cases.

Testing was done using the default settings and kernel of the ROM. No kernels were flashed separately.
    Overclock was tested only if the ROM and its default kernel supported it, using the maximum frequency allowed in the ROM's settings + force GPU rendering set to enable in developer settings.

ggNdV.gif

8Bgvh.gif

5KpX8.gif

L8DPu.gif

WHxkc.gif

4CQN9.gif

Android 4.0.4 ROM

YmENS.gif
    There wasn't really any performance increase in 4.0.4. The changes probably had to do with something else.

CM9 March 28 version + stock kernel
    daAcL.gif

CM9 March 29 version(Android 4.0.4) + stock kernel
    YmENS.gif
    Here's what I got. Pretty much same as yours.
    kdeAS.gif