[VIDEOS] Galaxy Tab 3 7in How to root, recovery, roms, & Kitkat

Search This thread

hackstermind

Apr 4, 2013
Here is a list of video on the Galaxy Tab 3 7in and the links to the XDA threads with instructions. Videos By ME :)
UPDATED 10-2-13

ROOT
ODIN ROOT
ANOTHER ODIN ROOT

RECOVERY
TWRP
CWM

ROMS
INFAMOUS TAB 3
Stock Deodexed T210R
CM10.1 Test Build

MODS

KERNELS
BLACKHAWK
NO NAME

FIRMWARE
T210RUEAMG4

VIDEOS
STOCK RECOVERY
TWRP INSTALL PLUS ROOT
CWM RECOVERY INSTALL
INFAMOUS TAB 3 INSTALL
TWRP RECOVERY NANDROID RESTORE

hi!!!! will this root method work on the 10.1 inch tab 3 also??? help lol

Any idea where can I get root for samsung t215? Been hunting all over but couldnt find

since the firmware for the t215 is available, it shouldn't be too hard pre-root the firmware and then flash it with odin.

and there's something interesting i've found... the recovery for the t215 boots on the t217s. i haven't tried to do anything with it to see if it's fully functional or not. i haven't tried flashing boot or anything else from the t215 firmware, because i don't want to risk breaking stuff without a working custom recovery.

M

manucarcor

Thank you for this list, It helped me a lot with my T210.

subbuhere

Nov 8, 2008
SM-T217S Root

Looking for the SM-T217S (Sprint's Tab 3 LTE) root... any help?

and there's something interesting i've found... the recovery for the t215 boots on the t217s. i haven't tried to do anything with it to see if it's fully functional or not. i haven't tried flashing boot or anything else from the t215 firmware, because i don't want to risk breaking stuff without a working custom recovery.

paraic01

Oct 28, 2013
Using something other than Odin to install Roms, CWM

Hi
My device 210R is already rooted but I have tried to install CWM using ODIN but after I hit the Start button it sits there and does nothing. I am using virtualbox with XP guest so that may be the problem. Everything up to that point works as per the video and it verifies the device and the MD5 of the recovery zip. I don't have a regular XP machine to try this, just using my MAC.

So is there anything else other than ODIN to achieve this? My goal is to flash a new ROM for my 7" Tab. I have root already.

Thanks
Paraic

Tomsgt

Hi
My device 210R is already rooted but I have tried to install CWM using ODIN but after I hit the Start button it sits there and does nothing. I am using virtualbox with XP guest so that may be the problem. Everything up to that point works as per the video and it verifies the device and the MD5 of the recovery zip. I don't have a regular XP machine to try this, just using my MAC.

So is there anything else other than ODIN to achieve this? My goal is to flash a new ROM for my 7" Tab. I have root already.

Thanks
Paraic
does it show device added. and do you have a com number? if so it should work.

paraic01

Oct 28, 2013
does it show device added. and do you have a com number? if so it should work.

Yes it does and has a COM number just as the howto video shows. Everything looks like it should work but when you press START it just sits there saying "SetupConnection" as below:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CWM.builder.touch.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..

And it sits there indefinitely. The Samsung drivers are definitely there as I can browse the contents of the tablet mounted as SM-T210R in Explorer.

I'm a bit stumped and therefore was looking for an alternate method, perhaps using ADB on my MAC (or on XP).

Any help appreciated.

Paraic

P.S. it finally came back with this message:

<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

not sure what is failing to write here or why its having problems. I can create a New Folder on the Tablet using XP Explorer so it can write to the memory there.
I am on 4.1.2, Build jzo54k.t210rueamj1 kernel 3.4.5-1304745-user

Last edited:

paraic01

Oct 28, 2013
Yes it does and has a COM number just as the howto video shows. Everything looks like it should work but when you press START it just sits there saying "SetupConnection" as below:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CWM.builder.touch.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

And it sits there indefinitely. The Samsung drivers are definitely there as I can browse the contents of the tablet mounted as SM-T210R in Explorer.

I'm a bit stumped and therefore was looking for an alternate method, perhaps using ADB on my MAC (or on XP).

Any help appreciated.

Paraic

P.S. it finally came back with this message:

<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

not sure what is failing to write here or why its having problems. I can create a New Folder on the Tablet using XP Explorer so it can write to the memory there.
I am on 4.1.2, Build jzo54k.t210rueamj1 kernel 3.4.5-1304745-user

Well, it turns out it worked despite the error message!

I booted into Recovery using the Pwr vol up and Home keys and there is CWM in all its glory!

Thanks for help anyhow :)

*Happy Tab 3 Owner*:victory:

Reactions: Teknician

daytonasportster

Dec 14, 2011
Daytona Beach
I just got a SM-T310
Got any ROM's for it?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I just got a SM-T310
Got any ROM's for it?

wowiesy

Nov 22, 2013
SMT211 from China

Hi,

I'm a newbie. Got my first Android tablet in the form of Tab3 7" from China recently. It was later that I realized that they used a different setup.. a lot of other features / apps that weren't installed.. unlike the Note2 phone I got locally.

So upon reading through some of the posts here and elsewhere in the Net, I realized I needed to hack into this tablet to be able to maximize my use of this, in a way that I maximize my use of my Note2 (which isn't rooted, just installed apps from Google Play)...

As this is my first time in the world of rooting, flashing ROMs for Android (I've done a couple of jb on previous iPhone models).. I am quite lost on all the terms (CWM, ODIN, etc)..

My questions now are:
1. Is there a site that I can read up on the basics? Like the terminologies and why or why not those things should be done to an Android system? Pros and Cons of doing such?

2. I see on this site that there are ROMs for T210 model.. can I safely use these in place of the currently installed and running in my T211?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts