Sony drops lawsuit against Geohot

Search This thread

CAYCE_VII

Feb 4, 2011
Seattle, WA
jesus christ he mentioned it once......

He was not going to crack the bootloader.

He said it once to appease fans, get over it.

You geohot fanboys/fags are retarded

not only that, but this is more PS3 related then android in anyway...if you read ANY of the legal docs you would know all of geohots computers/equipment was confiscated during the trial, and i doubt that he would go out buy a pc just so he could crack the bootloader, AND not only that, he said the REASON he bought the x10 was to get a feel for the security so he could crack the play. BUT since the play's bootloader should already be unlocked it really doesnt matter.

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
not only that, but this is more PS3 related then android in anyway...if you read ANY of the legal docs you would know all of geohots computers/equipment was confiscated during the trial, and i doubt that he would go out buy a pc just so he could crack the bootloader, AND not only that, he said the REASON he bought the x10 was to get a feel for the security so he could crack the play. BUT since the play's bootloader should already be unlocked it really doesnt matter.

This comes down to sony and SE taking a piss on their customers.
Nothing more.

SE deserves no respect.

Rash-182

Mar 10, 2011
I think it doesnt mean anything to us..but it would be interesting to see if he could do something interesting with an X10

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
It's not bragging it's informing.

Did i insult him? no.. only weak minded fools would attack someone for talking about something that is not even related to himself.

Or let me guess he's emperor of sony, bow down to him and give him a oil change.

Can we please go back to the subject topic.

agentJBM

Nov 30, 2010
Orlando

Did i insult him? no.. only weak minded fools would attack someone for talking about something that is not even related to himself.

Or let me guess he's emperor of sony, bow down to him and give him a oil change.

How am I not related to Sony Ericsson? I have an X10, among other Sony products.

You are the one who went completely off topic, and turned them dropping the charges to pissing on their own customers.

This action by Sony is the third step in recent weeks to right their former mistakes. Whether the GEOhot decision is directly related to the bootloader opening or the gingerbread update remains to be seen, but they most certainly are not pissing on their customers. It is actually quite the opposite.

For someone who brags about an IQ of 170, you really seem to be illogical and immature.

Last edited:

kantk20111

Feb 26, 2011
*sigh*

SE announces Gingerbread update for X10, some people are unhappy.

Sony drops lawsuit against Geohot, same people are unhappy.

*sigh*

OmegaRED^

Oct 31, 2010
How am I not related to Sony Ericsson? I have an X10, among other Sony products.

You are the one who went completely off topic, and turned them dropping the charges to pissing on their own customers.

This action by Sony is the third step in recent weeks to right their former mistakes. Whether the GEOhot decision is directly related to the bootloader opening or the gingerbread update remains to be seen, but they most certainly are not pissing on their customers. It is actually quite the opposite.

For someone who brags about an IQ of 170, you really seem to be illogical and immature.

lol.. i mocked sony.. not their products.
And you are not sony.

Also making fun of someone for their intelligence is a sign of insecurity.

Windst

Jan 25, 2011
Atlanta

Sorry I am a weak minded fool with ADD! Im so insecure. Do you know what stephen hawking has to say about your iq?

Hawking was asked about his IQ in a 2004 newspaper interview, and replied, "I have no idea. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers." Yet when asked "Are you saying you are not a genius?", Hawking replied "I hope I'm near the upper end of the range."

But props to geohot. Not a god but deserving recognition. I wonder if anon made an impact at all?
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Last edited:

Arlie37

Jan 16, 2011
this thread needs to be in a different forum/site. or moved to a different place at least.

Sent from my X10i TripNMiUI using XDA App

Hobbes2099

Nov 12, 2010
Mexico City
It's impressive how threads go from Zero to Trolling in less than 5 posts.

Sony is trying to do some PR damage control. Sony HAS to do something about the hack because it's a public company and answers to stockholders. It really is that simple. No one in this story has to be evil. No one in this story needs to brag about an IQ of 170.

The fact that suing the hacker in no way prevents further hacking of the PS3 was an oversight that Sony's top management forgot to consider when they panicked. But they needed to react in SOME way.

I agree: suing a kid for meddling with proprietary software was not the smartest way to prevent further hacking. Sony seems to have patched the security flaw with the latest firmware and has let every other GeoHot wannabe that there WILL be repercussions if they try to **** with their console security again.

eizonuts

Nov 26, 2010
my point is that Geohot will never be able to tamper with any sony products ever again..

Windst

Jan 25, 2011
Atlanta
It's impressive how threads go from Zero to Trolling in less than 5 posts.

Sony is trying to do some PR damage control. Sony HAS to do something about the hack because it's a public company and answers to stockholders. It really is that simple. No one in this story has to be evil. No one in this story needs to brag about an IQ of 170.

The fact that suing the hacker in no way prevents further hacking of the PS3 was an oversight that Sony's top management forgot to consider when they panicked. But they needed to react in SOME way.

I agree: suing a kid for meddling with proprietary software was not the smartest way to prevent further hacking. Sony seems to have patched the security flaw with the latest firmware and has let every other GeoHot wannabe that there WILL be repercussions if they try to **** with their console security again.

So did anons threat get brushed away. Did they even give up before the drop?
Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts