Report issues with ICS leak here.. OP updated 5-1 with list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rustyxj6

Nov 14, 2009
Well I decided to flash the leak on my S-on Amaze. After reading all the posts about unlocking, rooting, S-Offing and such it seems like a big headache.
I'm used to flashing and rooting cellphones but this ones are something else. I took a quick peek at the S-OFF read and OMG people complaining about brick phones and talking about paper clips? Got confused on weather you have to unlock it first or S-off it. Almost seems like asking what came first the chicken or the egg.
Now I'm more then happy on must having ICS on my cell phone that just works.
So I downloaded the leak placed it on my sdcard and flashed it to my cell phone.
The rom got flashed pretty quick. However there are a few issues with this rom.
The first thing I noticed is that sometimes it lags just a lil bit. The WIFI work most of the time but will not reconnect if you loose the signal due to walking too far from your router.
At work I can connect to WIFI just fine but if I walk away or even jump to another router it will show the network and full bars. However it won't connect even if you select connect. The quick fix for this is to turn off WIFI and then turn it back on.
Now my biggest gripe is that the physical camcorder button next to the camara button is not working at all. I can switch to the camcorder once the camara is on but for now the camcorder button is not working.
Anybody else have the same issue with the camcorder button? I wonder if something went wrong when I flashed the rom.

ZuruZuru

Apr 28, 2012
I get random program crashes here and there. I'm not sure what's causing it just yet. Could be program conflicts, but I never really had this problem before ICS. I think I still need to keep using it to be sure.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well I decided to flash the leak on my S-on Amaze. After reading all the posts about unlocking, rooting, S-Offing and such it seems like a big headache.
I'm used to flashing and rooting cellphones but this ones are something else. I took a quick peek at the S-OFF read and OMG people complaining about brick phones and talking about paper clips? Got confused on weather you have to unlock it first or S-off it. Almost seems like asking what came first the chicken or the egg.
Now I'm more then happy on must having ICS on my cell phone that just works.
So I downloaded the leak placed it on my sdcard and flashed it to my cell phone.
The rom got flashed pretty quick. However there are a few issues with this rom.
The first thing I noticed is that sometimes it lags just a lil bit. The WIFI work most of the time but will not reconnect if you loose the signal due to walking too far from your router.
At work I can connect to WIFI just fine but if I walk away or even jump to another router it will show the network and full bars. However it won't connect even if you select connect. The quick fix for this is to turn off WIFI and then turn it back on.
Now my biggest gripe is that the physical camcorder button next to the camara button is not working at all. I can switch to the camcorder once the camara is on but for now the camcorder button is not working.
Anybody else have the same issue with the camcorder button? I wonder if something went wrong when I flashed the rom.
So what happens when you try? Even if you aren't rooted, you should be able to VIEW the file I have linked here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20400612&postcount=6
Can you verify that the one line of the file says:
Code:
# CAMCORDER
key 248   CAMCORDER	    WAKE
And if you just want to avoid a headache, backup what you can, if you have recovery make a nandroid and you can just restore the data partition after reflashing the leaked ruu-- or better yet try one of the roms that have been put out. I can tell you everything seems to work properly in the revolution rom.
I get random program crashes here and there. I'm not sure what's causing it just yet. Could be program conflicts, but I never really had this problem before ICS. I think I still need to keep using it to be sure.
Reinstall rather than give it more time, I haven't had a single crash since installing the rom even when I deleted many system files.. and if you restored the data from gingerbread that would explain your issues. If that is the case, do a clean install, then use titanium backup- it has an option of restoring data from a nandroid backup.. but definitely reinstall either way and I'll bet all your issues go away.

saulcho009

Aug 7, 2010
Along with Facebook contact pic not working in messaging, Facebook events don't show up in calendar and even some gtalk contact pics are missing even though they all exist in contacts. Both Google and Facebook.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Mms seem to take some time before they send.

Is there any ways we can update the first post with all the potential problems? Just to make things a little easier.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Mms seem to take some time before they send.

Is there any ways we can update the first post with all the potential problems? Just to make things a little easier.

Thanks for pointing that out, it is a good idea if this thread is going to be at all useful.. It took a bit to do, but I updated the OP and the thread title, but I'm hoping that future posts will help to narrow down, confirm, or create fixes for that list.

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
Yea I was reading through and thought, if HTC is reading this it's kinda hard to follow.

G

glacierguy

Please edit OP... Both cores ARE ONLINE. Screenshot only shows that quadrant standard once again is junk. :D

Here... I opened up YouTube on my browser and jumped to system tuner.

d03628c4-e8a2-ec3b.jpg

d03628c4-e8b3-8d1a.jpg

d03628c4-e8c7-d1e1.jpg

d03628c4-e8d6-1ce8.jpg

Sent from my iced out HTC Ruby

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Yea I was reading through and thought, if HTC is reading this it's kinda hard to follow.

God, if all of these manufacturers ACTUALLY read these forums and updated their devices with the fixes and tweaks that our developers/users find, do you know how awesomely evolved our devices would me?! I think that this will be the most useful to the users and hopefully to keep any of us from sounding too noobish/or using the search button all day for a simple fix.
Amazing job on edit by the way

Please edit OP... Both cores ARE ONLINE. Screenshot only shows that quadrant standard once again is junk. :D

Here... I opened up YouTube on my browser and jumped to system tuner.

Thanks, edit made to show that quadrant is junk.
:)

Last edited:

Bdix

Dec 30, 2010
I can confirm that quadrant see only one core until you do something that needs a 2nd core.
I ran quadrant with a single core a scored a 2765.
I then opened YouTube and went back to quadrant and got 2cores going.
With two cores I only scored 2987

G

glacierguy

I can confirm that quadrant see only one core until you do something that needs a 2nd core.
I ran quadrant with a single core a scored a 2765.
I then opened YouTube and went back to quadrant and got 2cores going.
With two cores I only scored 2987

I suggest to all quadrant standard users, if you want a score, let me know and I will throw out a random number for you AND I won't make u wait or watch a bunch of animations. It will save u time and will be just as accurate :D. My mt4g gets 3300... Case closed :)

dasudevil

Jan 16, 2010
Gilbert AZ

After reading this one I checked. Got me worried. I do not have this issue. Checked with the phone unlocked and locked

Old-school

Feb 6, 2012
Baton Rouge
For what its worth, this is my experience: I ran quadrant three consecutive times now and the scores have varied between 3300 the first time (showed 2 cores) to 1900 the third time (1 core). I am on the ICS stock ROM-rooted.
By the way, AnTuTu has given me consistent scores of around 6500, which seems reasonable. And has reported 2 cores every time.
Camcorder issue: Locked or unlocked, both buttons seem to work fine for me. Of course with the screen off, I have to press it once to turn the screen on, and press and hold (around 3 seconds) the second time to actually open the camera or camcorder.
There is one problem I have always faced on my Amaze though: connecting to my school's enterprise network. Every time I try to connect, I have to type in a credential storage password; and sometimes it will just refuse to connect. I never had this problem on my old Optimus, and even with the Amaze, wifi works fine at home (802.11n).

Last edited:

rustyxj6

Nov 14, 2009
So what happens when you try? Even if you aren't rooted, you should be able to VIEW the file I have linked here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20400612&postcount=6
Can you verify that the one line of the file says:
Code:
# CAMCORDER
key 248   CAMCORDER	    WAKE
And if you just want to avoid a headache, backup what you can, if you have recovery make a nandroid and you can just restore the data partition after reflashing the leaked ruu-- or better yet try one of the roms that have been put out. I can tell you everything seems to work properly in the revolution rom.

OK thanks I just checked and it does say key 248 camcorder wake

I'm going to try to just reflash the rom since it looks like I might be the only one having this issue.
For what is worth in order to perpetuate the quadrant non sense I think my Droid 2 beats my Amaze by leaps and bounds lol.

eliasadrian

Nov 8, 2010
SLC, UT
This isn't exactly an "issue" but it's stupid of Google/HTC, unless I'm missing something. So on GB you could choose internet or play store when you clicked on an app link from a thread or website or whatever. Now, you're never given an option cuz under settings>app associations all html links are handled by internet. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
bring notification while the phone is unlocked is a new feature in ICS you can't access anything unless you unlock it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where people can post their issues for others to see before they flash, or developers to fix when they build roms. Or, even better, we the users can try to troubleshoot the issues and confirm/share a fix with everyone else.

If you DO have issues, please state if you are using the stock RUU or one of the roms I'm sure will be pouring out over time..
    *AND*
    If anyone has any of these issues and can confirm please include in the title ISSUE or CONFIRMED(or workaround/fix along how it was done) in your post along with which issue and I will try to update the OP accordingly.
    Example Title:
    Code:
    Confirmed: 5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point..
    This will help me a lot with updating the OP and helping users find fixes, etc

Reported issues:
    1. A few reports of both cores not being utilized properly(Screenshot of 1 core showing)(Confirmed post #171 this is only an issue if you think quadrant is a good program- it is "junk":) )
    2. Facebook not working properly(Potential fix reported #153 for root users: Uninstall facebook from /data/app folder and install from market- confirm if fixed)
    3. Battery being TOO good(multiple times in this thread, lol) except #154 that reports unconfirmed worse battery when playing intensive apps/games
    4. Multiple reports of reduced signal strength that fluctuates more(likely just a radio issue, build.prop edits linked in my signature helped me)
    5. Post #88 report of not detecting a wifi access point- needs confirmation and troubleshooting if confirmed - punkmetalska please report your router settings.(Another user confirmed)
    6. #100 the app screen filter doesn't turn off soft key lights(workaround- keyboard backlight controller or find posts here to edit init.d or use g-script(instructions post #121) to perm disable)
    7. Post #107 issues changing font or startup/shutdown animations changes not sticking
    8. Post #123 Unable to import backed up bookmarks from gingerbread(post #129 confirms)
    9. Post #125 softbutton(?) lights will turn off if automatic brightness is not set
    10. Post #128 removing lookout anti-virus speeds up response of phone
    11. Post #132 Mutiple posts of system battery reporting 2%+ difference in battery than shown in pulldown bar after battery mod
    12. Post #140 reports wifi disconnecting even though later explains wifi set to always on
    13. Post #143 Reports issues with reg99 error for wifi calling and how it started working(in case it helps anyone)
    14. Post #144 Issues changing features in stock keyboard, unable to choose which video player to use when opened in "mobile view"(stock browser?)
    15. Post#145 reports white htc screen popping up intermittently, other users suggest battery pull helping and eventually it stops(building caches?)
    16. Post #148 Reports issues sending MMS while connected to wifi, earlier post I'm too lazy to find also said this when wifi calling on
    17. Post #150 Setcpu doesn't work, later posts give alternatives
    18. Post #151 Stock messaging app doesn't show contact picture though contacts app does, possible fix in post #152(you'll have to search his posts for that day/time). Post #166 adds this issue and same with facebook and gtalk
    19. Post #153 Reports "Camera "Manual Mode" image adjustment dials are impossible to read." *and* "USB OTG is missing. That is part of the android ics." -- I'm not sure I understand the issue, just reporting it here.
    20. Post #157 Reports battery pull needed after phone would not wake from deep sleep- needs confirmation
    21. Post #159 reports status bar can be pulled down without unlocking phone and slow keyboard(I have experienced this with all keyboard apps at random times)- Possible fix(for keyboard) go to main settings-develop options-background process limit(apps in cache) and set to 1-4, needs confirmation)
    22. Post #160 Picasa pulldown in gallery app does not sync(needs confirm)
    23. Post #163 Video button not working(needs confirm)
    24. Post 193 Users reporting having to do a battery pull after phone has sat unused, confirmed by 1 user.

This is updated 4-28 to post #171, page 18
    Download Keyboard Backlight Controller from the Play Store and it will keep them off even after reboot. :)

I think it feels snappier... But I haven't loaded up all my apps yet either

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

yeah it has that weird transition effect that makes me feel like its lagging tho. think im gonna turn it off in develop options. in general, everything is running ok over on my end even with 200 apps installed. im getting around 300-400 mb on free ram too :cool:

edit: face unlock is under "security" and works just fine :D
    How the hell do you change the lock screen short cuts with the leaked ICS update for the amaze?!?!?! Driving me mad that I cant figure this out D:

It pissed me off, too. Cuz I somehow got handcent on the lockscreen but couldn't figure out how. Anyways, I googled it and found that the lockscreen shortcuts are your homescreen shortcuts, you can't have them different. So whatever you have as the bottom four on Rosie (with the middle being the all apps) are the four that show up on the lockscreen. It's really stupid of HTC.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    I just flashed the leaked ICS rom. So far so good, but I have a question. I want to turn of the tactile feedback vibration for the keyboard and I can't seem to find where the option is on ICS. I have turned off the general vibrate feedback under Settings>sound>vibrate feedback. However, this doesn't apply to the keyboard. I know that under GB I was able to turn off the keyboard vibrate feedback but I can seem to find it here...:confused:

any help will be most appreciated.

Settings>Language & Keyboard under the keyboard & input section press the icon next to the keyboard you're using. The icon looks like three small lines with sliding knobs

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium