[GUIDE] AOSP MMS CM10.1 on JB Touchwiz (Emoji, Quick Reply, 100% Working MMS)

Search This thread

leviwg

Apr 13, 2012
Every time I try to decompile the framework2.jar I never get a smali folder. I get a .dex and manifest. I'm on cleanrom 4.0.5 on the vzw note 2.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

skymomo

Jan 10, 2008
Paris
Thank you very much, everything works fine but the bubble is blue and when I receive an Internet address or a phone number, the color is identical to the bubble and can not see anything.

matejdro

Jul 9, 2009
Hey man, I followed your instructions to a T and now after pushing the files to the corresponding places (renamed the old files and setting permissions), deleting the MMS DBs, and restarting, I now am getting FCs on my Messenger and Android.Phone. I used @elesbb's APK decompiler/recompiler for the APK and the JAR file you had me modify. Where did I go wrong? The box that says "automatically sign recompiled APKs" is checked so i know it is signed. I think the framework2.jar is working properly - it seems its the APK i modded that is causing problems. I would ask you to possibly look at my files but i don't know if that would even be helpful in this case

Have you managed to solve this? I have same issue.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Would really like to get this to work..MA6 7105 port to T889

Can you please help me here are the stock files but i for the life of me can not find the smali folder. i have tried to push the files that you have uploaded do the respectable locations and set permissions but every time i get stuck on the samsung logo on reboot i am on a t-mobile branded Note II SGH T-889..
I am running a stock rom thats is rooted

you by chance could create the nec files for me to push to my phone could you?

I would not mind donating to the cause.....:cyclops:

it keeps doing upgrading android apps..and gets stuck..it goes through system appps but then loops through the data apps.

restored nandroid backup now

Thanks grgsiocl

any wipes like dalvik and android cache would help? used to smali compile decompile small apks like phone for no ascending ringer like 2 yrs back maybe will look again

Last edited:

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
i decompiled and went through process successfully for modding but it fc'd on reboot

Can you please help me here are the stock files but i for the life of me can not find the smali folder. i have tried to push the files that you have uploaded do the respectable locations and set permissions but every time i get stuck on the samsung logo on reboot i am on a t-mobile branded Note II SGH T-889..
I am running a stock rom thats is rooted

you by chance could create the nec files for me to push to my phone could you?

I would not mind donating to the cause.....:cyclops:

phone ui and messaging force closing

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
FINALLY GOT THIS>..MMS POPUP ALL...but used this guide

phone ui and messaging force closing

and just did plain old smali baksmali and 7zip (no apktool apk manager etc) (NOTE..DID THE MANUAL METHOD NOT USING ANY FILES PROVIDED BY ANY THREAD..

this guide for smali baksmali

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2108714

used one of the latest cm10.1 roms for t01e or t889 (my device) for the 3 files listed thread below

USED 3 FILES FROM CM ROM (just the cm nightly...
cm-10.1-20130210-NIGHTLY-t0lte)

(now this process in link below may be same as what was given by OP..but somehow was not working)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2086834

Once all done..reboot..that is it

AWESOME !...also haveTW w auto data on off for mms via RIL command in enable csc features here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2033894

would like to see how to get truly secure lockscreen and not have power menu showing through or inadvertentlu going off in pocket...but at least shut out status bar via hololocker (not ideal but worth the nonsese otherwise with status bar getting flipped open and things happening w/o knowledge when phone in pocket..lol)

now looking to see how to change notification background and do small theming for myself (too much dark stuff in android...wp8 is notorious for way too much black..cant see a thing in daylight..at least nightime one can turn down the brightness but sunlight ambient light overwhelms any max brightness on these amoled displays..nokia clearblack maybe exception)

EDIT popup message and replying popup works even through lockscreen as intended and even over secondary lockscreen like hololocker...mms w/o issues..restored sms mms database w/ mybackup no issues..no 90 deg rotation of mms pictures received as reported by some similar threads for other devices

Last edited:

nicopilami

Sep 14, 2010
Hi
on my device, this SMS/MMS app is ok until I try to send a message to multiple recipients at once.
Is it ok for everyone here ?

Thanks
Nico

edit: I switched back to the stockJB app, and now I use ChompSMS which has all options including the popup :)

Last edited:

ralfgm04

Apr 10, 2012
Whatever happened?

jb2uuuZwzzLy8s.jpg

OLD CM10 messaging

MMS.APK on this thread:
jbni2ab7qwBjY0.png

WTF HAPPENED? lol,
anyway my Google Play Store keep FC-ing
why? :( help pls.

EDIT: Managed to fixed my Google Playstore, Now my problem is
Can someone give me the old AOSP messaging? but on XHDPI ?

Thanks, again!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This mod brings you CM10.1 mms on the JB touchwiz ROMS as mentioned in title with POP UP feature and more than 400 emjoi! Tested on DLL7..

Files modified

1. MMS.apk from AOSP ROM
    2. TelephoneProvider.apk
    3. framework2.jar

Instructions to flash!

1, Make sure you take a backup of SMS & MMS as this mod will delete the database! You are warned!
    2. Delete the Secmms.apk from system/app
    3. Use root explorer and navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete the mmssms.db file
    4. Push the mms.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    5. Push the Sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    6. Push framework2.jar to system/framework and change the permissions to rw-r--r--
    7. Reboot the phone
    8. Restore all your SMS

Flashable Zip!

BACKUP SMS & MMS - Flashing this mod will delete all sms and mms! - Download Link

How to revert back to stock sms

1. Backup SMS & MMS
    2. Delete mms.apk from system/app
    3. Copy the secmms.apk & sectelephonyprovider.apk to system/app
    4. Copy & Replace framework2.jar in system/framework
    5. Navigate to data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete mmssms.db
    6. Reboot the phone
    7. Restore all your SMS & MMS! Profit!

Screenshots!

H989j.png
    mHhvK.png

Credits
    ------------

Thanks to loserskater
    HOW TO MAKE THE MOD

Take the following files from your ROM

PHP:
    system/app/SecTelephonyProvider.apk
    /system/framework/framework2.jar (make sure it's framework2.jar)

• Decompile both the files!

1. Now navigate to /smali/com/google/android in fraemwork2.jar and delete the entire mms folder

2. Extract the copy of mms from here and copy the folder to /smali/com/google/android in framework2.jar

3. Now navigate to \sectelephonyprovider\smali\com\android\providers\telephony and replace the following files with the zip attached

PHP:
    MmsProvider.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper$LowStorageMonitor.smali
    MmsSmsDatabaseHelper.smali
    MmsSmsProvider.smali
    SmsProvider.smali

4. Recompile framework2.jar and SecTelephonyProvider.apk

5. copy the mms.apk , SecTelephonyProvider.apk in system/app and change the permissions to rw--r--

6. copy the framework2.jar in system/framework and change the permissions to rw--r--

Note
    -----------

on your device navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/ and delete following files if you have in order to MMS work

This will delete the entire SMS & MMS, so take a backup before you delete

PHP:
    mmssms.db
    mmssms.db-shm
    mmssms.db-wal
    Have made the same but in a little bit simplier way: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36780090&postcount=6805

Why you change anything except SecMms.apk? Is there something not working without modified sectelephonyprovider.apk and framework2.jar? I'm just wondering because I havent found anything but perhaps I'm not using all possibilities of sms/mms

Just found that my option gives FC when trying send MMS :( Will try your method later today!

in order to make MMS work, you need to infuse the code of CM10.1 or else, whenever you try to send MMS, the app will look for code in sectelephony and also framework2.jar which is not available (i mean it will have a code of sammy instead of CM10). Hence i need to follow the above said procedure!
    Thanks my dear friend !!

Hugs :D
    Does this work on gs3

Edit--------------------

Installed and wouldn't boot. Reverted to backup. Oh well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

sorry it wont work...the files uswd in this mod belongs to note2 with latest build...but you can follow the guide to make it work for s3.