Just a quick question

Search This thread

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
I am going to possibly buy a gear I just have a quick question l did some googling but could not find a solid answer. ..I see that with the recent update the gear will show notifications from a third party application like evolve sms. ..or go sms...but the question is can I reply to the messages either via voice or by a side loaded keyboard. ..I do not mind to root the thing I just don't really see a point for me to get one if in order for me to reply to a quick text or email I have to take the phone out of my pocket. .. oh yeah in case it matters I have a note 2 tmo version running DN3

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fOmey

Recognized Developer
Mar 7, 2009
Sydney, AUS
I am going to possibly buy a gear I just have a quick question l did some googling but could not find a solid answer. ..I see that with the recent update the gear will show notifications from a third party application like evolve sms. ..or go sms...but the question is can I reply to the messages either via voice or by a side loaded keyboard. ..I do not mind to root the thing I just don't really see a point for me to get one if in order for me to reply to a quick text or email I have to take the phone out of my pocket. .. oh yeah in case it matters I have a note 2 tmo version running DN3

No you cant reply to any third party SMS using voice/keyboard.

If order to reply you must be using the stock SMS app.

Reactions: fireishott

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
you can use tablet talk to pair with your phone and with the keyboard installed you can then reply back to text messages which are relayed to your gear thru tablet talk.

Sounds sweet I seen that after some more research. ...sorry to bug some more do I have to root the gear to achieve this....or can I preform this stock....I was looming at the null and I am still trying to wrap my hear around all the complexities of the rom...I am wanting the watch to stay as cose to stock ad possible

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

red rocket

Dec 9, 2013
Atlanta
Sounds sweet I seen that after some more research. ...sorry to bug some more do I have to root the gear to achieve this....or can I preform this stock....I was looming at the null and I am still trying to wrap my hear around all the complexities of the rom...I am wanting the watch to stay as cose to stock ad possible

You should be able to perform the tablet talk paring on stock gear no root needed. Great things await once u jump on board with null. Once you try null you will never go back. If you want go to null's website and sign up for the chat. Some awesome folks there to help you decide. Just click on fomeys signature.

Last edited:
Reactions: fireishott

fireishott

Apr 8, 2009
okay thanks i looked at the site and it looks amazing one more question does an app like tablet talk work with third party sms apps like Textra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you say you can reply using the stock SMS app, do you mean using S-Voice or can you side load keyboard app and reply using the stock SMS app?

you can use tablet talk to pair with your phone and with the keyboard installed you can then reply back to text messages which are relayed to your gear thru tablet talk.

When you say you can reply using the stock SMS app, do you mean using S-Voice or can you side load keyboard app and reply using the stock SMS app?

Completely forgot to recommend tablet talk ! Cheers.

You should be able to perform the tablet talk paring on stock gear no root needed. Great things await once u jump on board with null. Once you try null you will never go back. If you want go to null's website and sign up for the chat. Some awesome folks there to help you decide. Just click on fomeys signature.