Titanium backup freezing on kit kat?

Search This thread

BRIMS7ON3

Dec 21, 2011
I'm trying the Pure CE Rom...and up on trying to restore with titanium backup, it seems to install between 5 and 30 apps and then freezes.. I've tried copying my backup files to my internal storage, and am getting the same problem.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I'm trying the Pure CE Rom...and up on trying to restore with titanium backup, it seems to install between 5 and 30 apps and then freezes.. I've tried copying my backup files to my internal storage, and am getting the same problem.

Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions?

It's not wise to batch restore apps between different roms. You're experiencing an incompatibility of apps between 2 different roms. If you watch your batch restore process you can see what app is not restoring. Uncheck that app and repeat the batch process until it hangs on another incompatible app. Uncheck that one and repeat the process until it finally completes.

Some tips for ya. NEVER restore system apps. They are red in color. You may experience bugs or glitches. Some apps that are yellow like bookmarks, Wi-Fi passwords, etc won't restore all the time. Some white apps that you previously installed on say a 4.3 rom may not restore on a 4.4 rom properly. Bugs or glitches may occur. Titanium backup works best when restoring to the same rom. If you experience bugs or glitches, perform a factory reset and refrain from restoring apps and data together. For the best experience, let all the apps install themselves from the Play Store. Then batch restore data to the apps that NEED data restored.

BRIMS7ON3

Dec 21, 2011
I'm already on 4.4... so I would think they would all be compatible... plus I just start ttb over, and the app that it froze on installs fine..