Zte score..

Search This thread

fisher1991

Jul 20, 2011
phoenix
I know this is the blade section but i can't find the answer at all on Google. Is it possible to root the zte score and put cyanogenmod on it? Or any ROM? Thanks in advance

stanangel

Aug 14, 2011
Try to root your phone with Z4root or Universal Androot.Then install ROM Manager and flash clockworckmod recovery and download CM 7(if exists) ->Install.

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Zte score runs gingerbread 2.3.5 from what i've read

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

wbaw

This method should let you root it, if it's like other ZTE androids - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319257

I haven't seen a custom rom, but you could always make one, a CM7 port might not be too hard.

AFAIK there is no clockworkmod version & rom manager doesn't support it. It shouldn't be too hard to make a compatible clockworkmod.

It's a new phone & I think it's only available in the USA.

Last edited:
Reactions: SurgeRush

wbaw

Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/t-mobile-vivacity-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.

furioussun

Feb 13, 2011
Is it the same phone as the T-Mobile Vivacity that has just gone on sale in the UK?

https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/t-mobile-vivacity-black-payg/

The specs are a bit vague. Is it 600mhz? Is it HVGA (320X480) or WVGA (480x800) display?

In the UK it's the same price as the Orange San Francisco 2 (ZTE Blade 2), which is 800mhz WVGA, so I'm not sure that it'll be a huge seller here.

The Score could be very similar to the ZTE Blade, has anybody tried the blade version of clockworkmod on it? If the Blade clockworkmod works, then maybe Blade roms could too, or they might just need small modifications.
I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.

wbaw

I think you may be right on that, but I am scared to try with no way to recover the phone if something were to go wrong.....ahhh, I may do it anyway. maybe.

If it's the 'Blade 2', same as the UK Orange Sanfrancisco 2 & T-Mobile Vivacity (and called god knows what else in the rest of the world) then expect some roms shortly. They went on sale in the UK this week at £99 with no contract or free for £10-£15/month contracts, so a few will be sold at that price.

Specs for that seem to be 800mhz msm7227t cpu, 5mp rear camera with led flash, front camera, 512mb ram 512mb rom, 3.5" wvga 480x800 screen.

ZTE like to make their model numbers & names as confusing as possible. They're pretty vague with the specs too. It could be totally different for all I know.

If you just flash ClockworkMod using fastboot, then if it doesn't work you haven't really broken anything. I'm not sure if there is a clockworkmod build that might work on it yet though. Certainly dont flash anything else until you have clockworkmod working on there & take a backup.

Changes have been added to the source for the CM7 kernel for Blade 2 compatibility, so it shouldn't be long until we get a CM7 port for it. CM9 probably next year sometime.

Last edited:

fisher1991

Jul 20, 2011
phoenix
Thank you for the reply . Now how would I go about porting cm7 and what version of what phone would i have the most luck porting? And cwm as well or would I have a better bet asking koush to make a cwm for the score (x500)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

wbaw

There are CM7 ports for the ZTE Blade, V9 Tablet & an unofficial port for the ZTE Skate. The Blade or Skate ports could be a good starting point, depending on what hardware it has in it.

https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade is the kernel, it has support for the Blade 2, if you compile it with the included blade 2 config.

So you'll have to compile your own, some hardware might not work immediately in CM7 without fixing it (depending on what hardware the phone has), but it should be relatively easy.

Sebastian404 has made an unofficial build of Clockworkmod - http://android.modaco.com/topic/348988-recovery-clockworkmod-recovery-for-zte-blade-2/

Last edited:

wbaw

It looks like the ZTE Score is the CDMA version of the ZTE Roamer. It's pretty different to the ZTE Blade & it's not a Blade 2 either, it has a lower resolution screen, 600mhz cpu.

As far as I know there aren't any custom roms for it. The ZTE Blade wasn't sold in the USA, the ZTE Score is only sold in the usa & wont work on the gsm networks we have in the rest of the world. So most of the people here wouldn't be able to use a ZTE Score even if they imported one.

ZTE phones are usually simple to unlock & put a custom rom on, but I don't think anybody here in this forum can give much more than general advice.

Gamertag

Dec 14, 2011
Gamerville
It looks like the ZTE Score is the CDMA version of the ZTE Roamer. It's pretty different to the ZTE Blade & it's not a Blade 2 either, it has a lower resolution screen, 600mhz cpu.

As far as I know there aren't any custom roms for it. The ZTE Blade wasn't sold in the USA, the ZTE Score is only sold in the usa & wont work on the gsm networks we have in the rest of the world. So most of the people here wouldn't be able to use a ZTE Score even if they imported one.

ZTE phones are usually simple to unlock & put a custom rom on, but I don't think anybody here in this forum can give much more than general advice.

I do understand that the ZTE X500 is the cheapest model from this manufacturer. Which conjures the question as to which of the former models would best compare to the Score, and also which rooting process would work properly for this phone.

I am new to the rooting process, but I am no stranger to "tweeking". I can comprehend general/ advanced explanations considerably ... so don't hold back the information. I do lack certain [fundamental] skills, as I am self taught. Still I get by and pickup rather easily.

Being that there is no known way to undo certain applications added to the Score, I don't have the full freedom to probe and tinker as I would like. However, I still will give a crack at it myself.

I will keep in mind caution, but I have a knack for tampering.

I am currently using this phone as a line of communication, and gaming. My goal is to make it run smoother, boost performance, functioning, speed, optimization, ... etc. Basically suitable for gaming and primary use. [More so gaming...]

The phone is actually pretty descent despite the device not being able to support much of the available software/apps that the android market/ community offers. [i.e Flashplayer] I think its a great starter android [transitioners], hackers, and the commercial usage. Though, being that I am a gamer, the LCD is quite small for my taste.

I honestly want to configure an easier method for rooting these phones. Seeing as there is no specific program.

» Posted using ZTE X500

wbaw

It should be the same easy rooting process as for other zte android phones, zte don't usually use locked bootloaders, so it's easy - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319257

As I said before, it appears to be the CDMA version of the ZTE Roamer. I don't think the roamer has been a big seller, so you're out of luck if you want a ready made clockworkmod & custom roms.

It's like a ZTE Blade, but with a low res screen & cdma rather than gsm.

Kernel source code is available for the ZTE Roamer, hopefully that will work for the Score too, although there's no mention of the ZTE Score in the source.

For somebody who has one of these phones & the technical skills to do it, it shouldn't be hard to create a ZTE score compatible clockworkmod & custom roms. The ZTE Blade & ZTE V9 tablet are official CM7 devices, I think there are unofficial ports for the Blade2, Skate & Racer.

wbaw

Does anyone have the stock image files, specifically the stock recovery.img?

I haven't seen them anywhere.

You'll need two unmodified phones & a working clockworkmod to get a full stock rom backup, including recovery.img

What is the ZTE model number for the ZTE Score? (usually P followed by 3 numbers) I can have a look on their update server, might be nothing there yet though.

Last edited:

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
i know these posts are over a month old, but just incase anyone is still having a problem rooting this phone, a friend of mine brought hers over, complained how slow it was and how there was ABSOLUTELY NO memory left internally. i took a look at it, the system rom takes up like 96% of the system mem. so of course she wanted me to "work my magic" on it. i rooted it in 45 seconds using superoneclick v2.3.3, no problems at all. so if anyone is still looking for an easy root method, try superoneclick with the version that corresponds to the version of android on your score (superoneclick v2.2 if youre running froyo, 2.3 for gingerbread, 2.3.1 for 1st gb update, 2.3.2 for the second, etc., etc..

now for a decent rom...i cant find anything. i cant even find any news about anyone working on a port. there is hardly any development for this phone. i dont know much about porting roms, so i cant compile cm for the blade and work on porting it to the score, sorry. but if i do learn, or if anyone is willing to give me some guidance, i would be willing to do some of the leg work for this community and my friends sake. i myself am a happy epic 4g owner, running the latest cm7 nightly for the og epic, the samurai kernel, which overclocks my cpu to 1.5 ghz, my gpu up to 400 mhz, and raises the framerate from the stock max of 56, to 72 fps. i also have the smooth scrolling mod and my system is completely ODEXed. i can put my epic toe to toe with a stock sgs II and hold my own with no problem. with voodoo color and sound, my phone looks and sounds better than any stock android device on the market, and that is no lie.

i would love to see some development on this device tho. it may not be the ideal platform to work on, its lacking in the hardware department, but it IS an android device and it IS easily rooted so there is definitely a way to make this little guy shine. i wouldnt get your hopes up for cm9 tho guys, i dont think this phone will have the capabilities to handle ics, but dont quote me on that. plenty of people said the epic would never get an official cyanogenmod or ever be able to transfer the file system from bml controlled rfs, ext3/4 to the mtd controlled yaffs, but here we are with a ton of mtd based roms and kernels, and an official, working cyanogenmod WITH WIMAX (another thing they said we'd never have)

what this phone needs, is some people to step up and start developing on it, the reason a lot of the devices are getting such great roms and kernels is because they have a dedicated, hardworking team of developers willing to help each other and share resources to better the device. im not an android genius, ut i will do my best to help. anyone who wants to start working on development for the score, let me know, lets see where we can start.

wbaw

There is a guide to compiling CyanogenMod for the blade here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Compile_CyanogenMod_for_Blade

You'll need to create a device config for your ZTE Score that matches the hardware in the phone, a good starting point might be copying the blade device config & editing it. Device configs are in ~/android/system/device

You'll also need the kernel source code. This should've been supplied with your phone, or at least a written offer of where to get the source code, as it is GPLv2 licensed the source code is required to be released. However, this is ZTE & they don't care about pirating the Linux kernel, so you may need to hassle the retailer that sold you the phone, the network & ZTE (both China & USA) a lot to get it.

nobreak1970

Sep 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4a
for all Score related things go to www.cricketusers.com

We are trying to get CM7 up and running but need help.

If I am breaking forum rules by posting the website I apologize.

Also, they have beta/alpha ports of ICS for phones a LOT less powerful than the Score. Example: T-Mobile Comet/Huawei U8150 ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method should let you root it, if it's like other ZTE androids - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319257

I haven't seen a custom rom, but you could always make one, a CM7 port might not be too hard.

AFAIK there is no clockworkmod version & rom manager doesn't support it. It shouldn't be too hard to make a compatible clockworkmod.

It's a new phone & I think it's only available in the USA.
    Folks were asking in this thread about the processor. I have some details on that: It's a 600 MHz processor (ARMv6-compatible) Min freq:320Mhz BogoMIPS:600. Architecture:6TEJ armv6l (or 6I?)

Thanks for sharing. I'm finding superoneclick hangs at "Starting ADB Server."

I have a ZTE Score X500 too, and tried to root it with superoneclick v2.3.3. Mine is running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), in particular Android 2.3.4.

Already tried/checked:
    My exploits folder is not empty - I had my AV put back the exploit.

I ran superoneclick on a PC running Windows 7 with the drivers installed. I tried it with and without debug mode enabled - both many times. USB disk mode OFF... It hangs at "Starting ADB Server" every time.

Any ideas on what I might want to try next? If I can browse the filesystem over USB, that means the drivers are installed properly, right?

Why do I want to root? I really want to be able to run a full backup (e.g. with Titanium Backup) - not just of my apps. I also want to be able to tweak the settings so I can install some apps that it can run but the store won't let me d/l because they're (not really) incompatible. Also, I've had the "NO memory left" problem beltsnspoons mentions and for me, resetting the phone and reinstalling my apps was the fix that worked, so I want to be able to do so again, when needed, without having to re-enter all my settings, accounts, screens, etc.
    I rooted it with zerg oneclick :pepsi: