Kindle fire CM7 wifi problem!!

Search This thread

Juicy555

Mar 9, 2011
Hi.

Me and my brother both have a Kindle fire and they are both using CM7.

A problem has come up lately and my brother's kindle fire has wifi issues... Using the web browser , the wifi works fine. But when I try connecting to the google play store it gives a "no connection" error.

I found the fix for 2 kindles on the same wifi network and did it on both but the problem persists...

Small games like draw something work, but order and chaos online gets a connection error..

any help?

deep_logic

Apr 23, 2012
Hope this resolves...

I have had this issue before, but had the stock rom on my Kindle. I switched to CM7 and the problem was solved, until today. I ran across this posting, but saw there was no reply. I did some further searching and now I sit with a fully functional Kindle. The fix was surprisingly simple. My date had been reset for whatever reason. I went into my settings, made the date current and was promptly able to access Google Play again, along with the other problematic apps. Give it a shot, I hope it helps. If you are both on the same network, this could have been due to a reset of your router's time setting.

Last edited: