[SOLVED] [Awesome]How is the G2?

Search This thread

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Basically, because my family is switching from at&t to Sprint and paying a quarter of a family plan is way cheaper than my own plan, I also have to switch to Sprint.

I refuse to downgrade on my phone, because I'm really not feeling anything slower than a dual core with 2GB RAM after being spoiled by my galaxy s3 for so long.

The options in my price range right now are the S4, the Motorola G, and the LG G2. Of those three, the G2 looks the most appealing because I'm a big dude with huge hands (wine bottles look like beer bottles in my hand) and the volume rocker being on the back seems way more intuitive because that's where my index, middle, and ring fingers rest with my pinky cradling the bottom of the phone.

So, design and specs wise it's a no brainer, but what do you guys think about the stock experience? How is the camera in real life usage? Is the battery life decent? (I know that last one is extremely subjective based on how the phone is used)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

snowlin

Sep 21, 2010
San Diego
imo - this phone is the BEES KNEES

It was pretty damn amazing stock, straight out of the box. battery lasted longer than any smartphone ive ever had. great camera too.

since rooting and flashing a custom kernel im getting 24+ hours on battery with pretty heavy usage throughout the day.

Reactions: agentfusion

tee00max

Jun 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Yeah this phone is a straight beast and is better than the iPhone 5S and the Note 3 and I have owned both of those devices. Battery is a beast and the way LG handles Android is phenomenal! You won't regret it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

fleeting_dreams

Dec 29, 2013
Manila
The stock experience is pretty good, IMO. And that includes the battery life. Of course, rooting and customizing it will get you even more performance and battery life.

robin786

Jan 7, 2011
KL
You will not regret getting it. An all around awesome phone like the rest have said.

Take the plunge,mate!

Sent from my LG-D802

russeini

Sep 6, 2009
Well let me put it this way.....my last s3 used to be bak to the charger at 6 pm after unplugging at 8 am......now i go to bed at 12 am and my g2 has 45-50% juice on it! Thats for battery.......for the experience, this phone allowed me to change icons out of the box....to me no need for a launcher which is great......lag wise: never experienced any.....redraws are minimal.......camera is on par with competitors......all in all, best phone experience i've had since i started using androids probably 8 yrs ago!

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Stock was okay but this a pretty good phone I had a galaxy s4 before this didn't like it nearly as much but then again my galaxy s4 came with Knox and a bootloader that can't be unlocked

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Thank you for all of your responses, guys. You've made my decision very, very easy. G2 it is!

I look forward to getting my hands on it in the next few days and starting work on porting my favorite rom (miui)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

alinescoo

Mar 12, 2008
Guys, to not open a new topic, I'll ask some questions here. I have a Note3 but I can't get used to it since is too big. Looking on Nexus 5 thread, it seems that is plagued with many defects (dead pixels, low volume, bad battery...). I can't see any other replacement since in my country G2 is actually at the same price as G2.

Here are my questions:
1. How is the process of flashing custom roms and reverting back to stock in case of warranty problems ? As you may know on Note 3 there is a knox flag which invalidates warranty if a custom rom is flashed. So how is on LG G2?
2. How is the back of the phone feel ? Doesn't give a feeling that is slippery ? Can it be hold confortably ?
3.I see many complains that you hear noises when you hold/press on the backside of the phone. Is this true ?
4. I see that there are many variants, I am from Europe and I want a variant which is compatible with cyanogenMod. Which one should I get? D802?
5. Can somebody which owned maybe a Nexus 4 or a Note 3 how it feels in hand when used ? The size is not too big ? I really find the n4's form factor as the best for me.

Thanks a lot.

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
1. You can flash back to stock without any major hassle.
2. The back is slippery and a fingerprint magnet. Grab a case, you won't regret it. This phone is too fragile.
3. No, just because a few had that issue, it doesn't mean every one has it. Mine creaks but follow #2.
4. yes D802 for EU.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: alinescoo

alinescoo

Mar 12, 2008
Thanks a lot @vPro97

Is it too fragile because of the plastic used or because of small bezels ? Unfortunately I never use cases. This is a thing I need to put more thoughts into.

I forgot to ask about the screen, anyone having backlight bleeding ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only real decision with this phone is should I get a black or white one. Or you can get a red or gold on off ebay.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    imo - this phone is the BEES KNEES

It was pretty damn amazing stock, straight out of the box. battery lasted longer than any smartphone ive ever had. great camera too.

since rooting and flashing a custom kernel im getting 24+ hours on battery with pretty heavy usage throughout the day.
    Yeah this phone is a straight beast and is better than the iPhone 5S and the Note 3 and I have owned both of those devices. Battery is a beast and the way LG handles Android is phenomenal! You won't regret it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    The stock experience is pretty good, IMO. And that includes the battery life. Of course, rooting and customizing it will get you even more performance and battery life.
    You will not regret getting it. An all around awesome phone like the rest have said.

Take the plunge,mate!

Sent from my LG-D802