Very Odd Bug

Search This thread

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
Every once in awhile my Nexus 10 will instantly power off without giving any visible warning. The only way I'm able to boot it back up is if its plugged into the charger as for some reason it thinks its completely out of battery. This will happen randomly even when I have over half a charge remaining. It just did this a few minutes ago and before it shut off I was around 40% battery or at least that's what was displayed in the notification bar.

Any ideas what the culprit is? Yes I'm rooted but this has happened on several different roms.

Thanks in advance!

MetaMs

Apr 20, 2011
Cocoa, FL
Every once in awhile my Nexus 10 will instantly power off without giving any visible warning. The only way I'm able to boot it back up is if its plugged into the charger as for some reason it thinks its completely out of battery. This will happen randomly even when I have over half a charge remaining. It just did this a few minutes ago and before it shut off I was around 40% battery or at least that's what was displayed in the notification bar.

Any ideas what the culprit is? Yes I'm rooted but this has happened on several different roms.

Thanks in advance!

I have this exact same problem on a non-rooted Nexus 10. Started happening around 2-3 months ago. I just ordered and received a new battery, but I'm wondering if I should install it or send it back. Does anyone have any ideas about why this might be happening? I go from 35-40% battery to zero instantly and the tablet shuts down.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Yup, worked fine from release until about a month ago. Happened twice so far, and I have to use my N5 charger to get it going. Anybody have any success getting it repaired by Samsung?

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

I've had this issue recently, but mine was with 20%. For me was just a battery badly calibrated, try charging it fully twice while turned off and discharging fully as well. Don't know why, but worked for me ;).

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10