[Q] Android keyboard problems

Search This thread

ooyyeh

Oct 31, 2010
Hi everybody,

I got my new LGOO. I am not new to Android, I was using a phone with 2.1 before and I want the same keyboard than before.

* Dictionary

When I active the Android Keyboard there is no prediction which word I want to write, only the ones from my contacts.
I found a tool in the market (User Dictionary Manager (UDM) 3.1) but this only adds words to the user dictionay and doesn't make differences between languages. I want to use english and german from time to time so I need it both seperated. It seems like the phone doesnt have the languages files out of the box. Is it somehow possible to copy and paste it to the system? (I have root access)

* Correction

Also it doesn't correct my errors of typing. This worked under 2.1 and I can't find an option to activate it.

Thanks

Last edited:

vascoac

Dec 26, 2010
lisboa
Hi everybody,

I got my new LGOO. I am not new to Android, I was using a phone with 2.1 before and I want the same keyboard than before.

* Dictionary

When I active the Android Keyboard there is no prediction which word I want to write, only the ones from my contacts.
I found a tool in the market (User Dictionary Manager (UDM) 3.1) but this only adds words to the user dictionay and doesn't make differences between languages. I want to use english and german from time to time so I need it both seperated. It seems like the phone doesnt have the languages files out of the box. Is it somehow possible to copy and paste it to the system? (I have root access)

* Correction

Also it doesn't correct my errors of typing. This worked under 2.1 and I can't find an option to activate it.

Thanks
i happen to have the same problem... does anyone knows how to solve it?

inoxuno

Dec 26, 2009
Someone has solved installing the gingerbread keyboard.
I solved installing Swype keyboard.

emyller

Oct 6, 2011
Santos, SP
emyller.net
any luck with this?

this happens only with stock roms. i tried the Android keyboard on custom roms and it was perfect.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

anyway, I'm really glad that the "gingerbread keyboard" app works and replaces the default kb.