[Q] Jelly Bean Lockscreen Circle Notifications?

Search This thread

1000cleverlines

Dec 27, 2011
I've been doing some searching around the web and haven't been able to find a fix for this yet. I flashed the latest Jelly Bean leak last night and noticed that the circle notifications on the lockscreen are gone (the ones for missed calls/new messages). I saw a fix for the Galaxy Note II that involved changing a file name and that would bring those back. Is there any way to bring them back on the S3?

pkd600

Jul 22, 2010
I've been doing some searching around the web and haven't been able to find a fix for this yet. I flashed the latest Jelly Bean leak last night and noticed that the circle notifications on the lockscreen are gone (the ones for missed calls/new messages). I saw a fix for the Galaxy Note II that involved changing a file name and that would bring those back. Is there any way to bring them back on the S3?

Simple fix. You need a File Explorer app that has Root permissions, access to Root directory, and can mount System files as writable (I recommend ES File Explorer).

In you file explorer, navigate to "/system/csc/" and rename "customer xml" to "customer xml.bak".

Restart your phone. The Lock icon and "verizon wireless" text will be gone from your lockscreen, and the bubble notifications will be back.

pkd600

Jul 22, 2010
I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but this solution definitely works and has been done by hundreds of people successfully.

My guess is that you don't have the proper root permissions to change the file name (it's a system file). Do it using ES File Explorer. Go into the ES File Explorer settings, go into the Root Settings, and check all of the boxes. Then rename the file. It works on CleanRom 5, I am 100% positive of that.

I have no yet flashed CleanRom5.5, but I am 99% positive this same solution will work on that as well.

Brian Gove

Jul 26, 2012
Land of Oz
I'm not sure what you guys are doing, but this solution definitely works and has been done by hundreds of people successfully.

My guess is that you don't have the proper root permissions to change the file name (it's a system file). Do it using ES File Explorer. Go into the ES File Explorer settings, go into the Root Settings, and check all of the boxes. Then rename the file. It works on CleanRom 5, I am 100% positive of that.

I have no yet flashed CleanRom5.5, but I am 99% positive this same solution will work on that as well.

I've used root explorer in ROM toolbox and ES both. I've followed the steps outlined above, doublechecked that the rename took and rebooted several times. And this is the results.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355284331043.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355284331043.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 478

Outlaw621

Mar 23, 2011
Simple fix. You need a File Explorer app that has Root permissions, access to Root directory, and can mount System files as writable (I recommend ES File Explorer).

In you file explorer, navigate to "/system/csc/" and rename "customer xml" to "customer xml.bak".

Restart your phone. The Lock icon and "verizon wireless" text will be gone from your lockscreen, and the bubble notifications will be back.

This worked for me on Stock-Rooted. Thank you.

xM Minton Mx

Mar 11, 2012
Sikeston
I've used root explorer in ROM toolbox and ES both. I've followed the steps outlined above, doublechecked that the rename took and rebooted several times. And this is the results.

Your using aosp msg app. Or gosms. I'm unsure but the looks of your screen shot that's the problem. You have to be using the tw mms app. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Reactions: pkd600

Brian Gove

Jul 26, 2012
Land of Oz

1000cleverlines

Dec 27, 2011
I was able to do that fix, but every time I unlock the phone, it shows the hint "swipe this notification to see new messages" or whatever. I changed it back because that was annoying me, but it just kept coming back. If anyone knows a fix, let me know. I miss my bubble notifications.

joeyjackpot

Dec 2, 2010
I was able to do that fix, but every time I unlock the phone, it shows the hint "swipe this notification to see new messages" or whatever. I changed it back because that was annoying me, but it just kept coming back. If anyone knows a fix, let me know. I miss my bubble notifications.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because it was happening to me too. Go into Application Manager>All Apps and find the app called "Help". Click "Disable". You will only have to to do this once. Only downside is that you will lose all of these little How-To dialogues, not just the one for the bubble notifications, so make sure you know how to use all your apps before you disable this (you can always turn it back on if you need it later). Note: the "How to use motions" guides are separate and will still function even with Help disabled.

Reactions: dglenn1957

bobAbooE

Apr 8, 2011
Indiana
If people are still having trouble getting this to work, just add .bak to the end, leave the.xml there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your using aosp msg app. Or gosms. I'm unsure but the looks of your screen shot that's the problem. You have to be using the tw mms app. Hope that helps :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

I'm glad you mentioned this, because it was happening to me too. Go into Application Manager>All Apps and find the app called "Help". Click "Disable". You will only have to to do this once. Only downside is that you will lose all of these little How-To dialogues, not just the one for the bubble notifications, so make sure you know how to use all your apps before you disable this (you can always turn it back on if you need it later). Note: the "How to use motions" guides are separate and will still function even with Help disabled.