[Q] Phone's internal memory system messed up after installing ROM

Search This thread

lebertian

Jun 5, 2013
California
Hi,

I flashed last night Temasek's CM11 4.4.2 ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2596887), wiping user data, caches, etc (I was on a rooted stock 4.1.2 ROM).

Everything is working great so far, I love this ROM, I just noticed a problem that it's quite annoying: it seems that the internal user data file system (which would be the /sdcard folder in my old ROM) is all messed up and replicated. Here;s what happens:

I created a backup of the current ROM with Online Nandroid backup. If I use a file explorer from my phone (X-plore) and go to the "partition" /storage/emulated/0 I can see the backup created in /storage/emulated/0/clockworkmod/backup/.

However, if I connect the phone to my PC and browse the contents, the partition that I see isn't that same partition, it's an older one with older files (for example it has a clockworkmod folder but the backup isn't there, and some folders are different). What;s worse is that I can't find this "old" partition when browsing my phone with X-plore. These are the palces where I've looked at:

- /storage/emulated/0 (shows the partition where the backup I just created went, I can see the backup there)

- With root privileges:
- /data/media (shows an older second partition with different folders)
- /data/media/0 (shows the "right" partition, where the backup is)
- /sdcard (again, shows the "right" partition)
- /storage/sdcard0 (same here, shows the "right" one)

So to sum up, it looks like I see at least 3 diffent partitions:
1. From my PC, I see an older one that I can't see from X-plore (I tried Cyanogenmod file explorer too)
2. From my phone, I see the one that has the backup I just created
3. From my phone too, I see a second old partition (different from the one I see from my PC)

So what I would like to know is:
1. How can I transfer the backup to my PC if I can't see the partition that holds it from there?
2. Is it safe to just delete all those folders in both old partitions? I'm sure they're taking space unnecessarily

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
After flashing any CM/AOSP Rom. They actually create a different folder set up. That's because of the ability of different users...

You need to apply the restore SD card after downgrade.
Found HERE:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36873319

After that^^^^^^^^^ just make sure you copy everything you want.. Then you can delete all those other folders you don't need.

SENT FROM MY SAMMY i317 USING TAPATALK

lebertian

Jun 5, 2013
California
After flashing any CM/AOSP Rom. They actually create a different folder set up. That's because of the ability of different users...

Found HERE:

After that^^^^^^^^^ just make sure you copy everything you want.. Then you can delete all those other folders you don't need.

Thanks for the reply! I'll try this as soon as I get home!

lebertian

Jun 5, 2013
California

Found HERE:

Hey! So it seems that did it!!! Now I can see ALL the contents in the /sdcard partition (X-plore shows it as /storage/emulated/0)

So my question is (I'm still pretty noob at all this): all the files/folders shown there shouldn't be critical for the OS to work, right? They should all be stuff saved by apps, that if they get deleted the worst thing that will happen is that those apps will lose that info, right? I ask because I can recognize most of them, but not all of them, so I'm not sure, and I would like to remove as much stuff as possible.

One file that makes me doubt specially is /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download2.clokworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.3-t0lteatt.img. Is that the actual CWM recovery that I have in my phone? Or just the installation image that can be removed?

Thank you very much for your help!

lebertian

Jun 5, 2013
California
I ended up deleting everything from the sdcard partition and restoring the stuff that mattered to me, and everything seems fine now. The only weird thing is that when I create a backup with Online Nandroid backup (which gets stored in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backups), I can't see it when connecting my phone to my PC. I can see everything else in the sdcard except the backup. I've tried unplugging and plugin again the phone, rebooting it, rebooting my PC... but nothing. However, if I zip the backup folder with X-plore, leaving the zip file in the same folder as the backup folder, my PC can see it...

Weird thing but oh well!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Found HERE: