[Q] Can not read SlimOTA properties!!

Search This thread

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014
Hi There,

My Atrix 2 is running on Slimkat 4.4.3.build.5.9, while trying to update the same via OTA getting error as Can not read SlimOTA properties.

Pls help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Okay......thanks for the reply. But then how can I update it to 4.4.4 Build 6.0 without Format/Wiping data?
Ideally you should wipe everything and then clean install the ROM. To retain your data and apps, you can take backup using titanium backup or take backup of data partition using BMM then restore (though I am not too sure about BMM method if it really works perfectly).

If you don't want to wipe then you can try to dirty flash the 6.0 ROM on the existing version. Just don't perform format or wipe, just flash the ROM+Gapps. see If it goes well. :)

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014
Can not read SlimOTA properties!!

Ideally you should wipe everything and then clean install the ROM. To retain your data and apps, you can take backup using titanium backup or take backup of data partition using BMM then restore (though I am not too sure about BMM method if it really works perfectly).

If you don't want to wipe then you can try to dirty flash the 6.0 ROM on the existing version. Just don't perform format or wipe, just flash the ROM+Gapps. see If it goes well. :)

Okay...that means there is no way to get OTA update:crying:.........anyways...thanks a lot for replying!

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Okay...that means there is no way to get OTA update:crying:.........anyways...thanks a lot for replying!
Even if there is OTA support in the ROM then also it doesn't mean that the phone will be updated automatically like how it happens in case of official firmware updates. The OTA in most of the custom ROMs just downloads the ROM file on your phone, thats it. Rest you will have to manually install/flash the ROM using that downloaded file like how you maybe doing it now. OTA just cuts the step of finding and downloading the ROM file from internet. So IMO its not a feature which matters much. :)

Reactions: Atrix2dBeast

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014
Ok bro...thanks a lot for sharing the info and for the timely response...

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Free mobile app

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014

Tried dirty flashing...it worked...post booting found that gapps were not working....so flashed latest gapps again...now its rebooting again n again....what to do??

noranora

Jul 23, 2013
Tried dirty flashing...it worked...post booting found that gapps were not working....so flashed latest gapps again...now its rebooting again n again....what to do??

Perhaps it's time for you to clean flash? Idk. Sounds like it's bootlooping. 5.9 gapps was 4.4.3. Meanwhile version 6 is 4.4.4. Sometimes its best for you to start afresh to avoid any issue.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
....so flashed latest gapps again...now its rebooting again n again....what to do??
No option other than clean install. That type of issue why its always recommended to clean flash the newer versions.

To have little bit of hope, backup the data partition using BMM then later try to restore the data partition using that backup once you successfully flash the ROM. If it works then all is good and if it doesn't then.... :cool:

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014

No option other than clean install. That type of issue why its always recommended to clean flash the newer versions.

To have little bit of hope, backup the data partition using BMM then later try to restore the data partition using that backup once you successfully flash the ROM. If it works then all is good and if it doesn't then.... :cool:

Okay....flashed 4.4.4 built 6 again(clean install)...rebooted...and then flashed gapps for the same build....but again its rebooting....had to fxz again...what i am doing wrong here???

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Okay....flashed 4.4.4 built 6 again(clean install)...rebooted...and then flashed gapps for the same build....but again its rebooting....had to fxz again...what i am doing wrong here???
:eek: What are the steps you are following? Are you flashing using BMM? Which system? What GApps version? Try not to reboot between ROM and GApps flashing. Flash only minimal GApps.

I haven't faced any such issue with any of the ROMs so far. I just follow the BMM guide word to word.

Right now I am having 5.10 build and its pretty much stable and almost bug-free for me on System 1. There are few experiments going on in the builds after 5.10 so I would recommend you should also flash the 5.10 build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atrix2dBeast

Atrix2dBeast

Apr 7, 2014

:eek: What are the steps you are following? Are you flashing using BMM? Which system? What GApps version? Try not to reboot between ROM and GApps flashing. Flash only minimal GApps.

I haven't faced any such issue with any of the ROMs so far. I just follow the BMM guide word to word.

Right now I am having 5.10 build and its pretty much stable and almost bug-free for me on System 1. There are few experiments going on in the builds after 5.10 so I would recommend you should also flash the 5.10 build.

I am using BMM only....on system 1...made a mistake of rebooting between ROM and GApps flashing.:silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi There,

My Atrix 2 is running on Slimkat 4.4.3.build.5.9, while trying to update the same via OTA getting error as Can not read SlimOTA properties.

Pls help!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

No one can help you. Because atrix 2 is not officially supported by slim team.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Okay......thanks for the reply. But then how can I update it to 4.4.4 Build 6.0 without Format/Wiping data?

Even if there is OTA support in the ROM then also it doesn't mean that the phone will be updated automatically like how it happens in case of official firmware updates. The OTA in most of the custom ROMs just downloads the ROM file on your phone, thats it. Rest you will have to manually install/flash the ROM using that downloaded file like how you maybe doing it now. OTA just cuts the step of finding and downloading the ROM file from internet. So IMO its not a feature which matters much. :)