[q] my z1s screen is cracked!

Search This thread

alansupra94

Oct 1, 2007
If you want to save a lot, you can try to replace the screen by yourself. But it is hard job...
Share a Z1 repair guide with u. Hope it can help you.

Why does everyone say it is hard. It is really simple compared to other phones I took apart. It is all held by glue and just requires patience and some decent eye hand coordination. I replaced my Z1S screen in about 45mins while watching a youtube video on how to do it.

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
the same thing happened to my Z, one little crack on the digitizer and the touch is dead in that area. i love xperias but they dont have a extra layer of protection like the galaxys (glass,digitiser,screen) xperias go like (antishatter film, digitiser, screen)
im selling my Z for parts now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried calling them? Their customer service is very good.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app
    I have to deal with support of various manufacturers daily (working as an it professional)

In Germany it's like this:

As end user your reseller must look at the case. If you bought it in a store go there and ask them.

HOWEVER

I've discovered that most of them are stupid and/or non cooperative.

So your best chance is calling the Sony support. Go to their website and look up their telephone number. When you call them you most likely need to give them some kind of serial (imei). After, tell them your problem and you most likely will get a return sticker. Send in your device via mail and get a repaired (or new) I device about a week later.

I've discovered that this way is the fastest and less troublesome way to deal with broken devices

Sent from Xperia Z1
    Sony fixed my cracked phone, free of charge. I guess it was under warranty. They didn't even contacted me, they just ship it back to me with a UPS tracking number.
    I really feel I lucked out. I was thinking I need to pay 200-300 USD for repairs and was dreading it. I even didn't wanted to send it in because I didn't have the money to spare.

Well ok then. Looks like it is time to try and find a backup phone to use for a week or so while I send mine in.
    In about 2 weeks, i remember i sent it via fedex 4-11, they receive it 4-15 and i received the tracking number on the 25th.