[ALPHA] [CDMA/GSM/UMTS] [PHOTON/ELECTRIFY] MoPhoK[a/i]ng CM7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
I don't go with sugar coated insults, I'd rather punch than slap. But then again I don't really care about little internet trolls.

AKDMA

Oct 10, 2010
If you think I'm a troll, you're welcome to that viewpoint. But based on my thanks meter, I'd say it's unlikely. I just don't appreciate some nobody calling a dev who did groundbreaking work a douche. But that's just me.

Reactions: cybik

bricky23

Apr 6, 2010
Akron
Xiaomi Poco F3
Google Pixel 6a
If you think I'm a troll, you're welcome to that viewpoint. But based on my thanks meter, I'd say it's unlikely. I just don't appreciate some nobody calling a dev who did groundbreaking work a douche. But that's just me.
I would add to your thanks meter, but I have used up my 8 for the day. We need all the devs we can get. We have enough people who don't read.

na7q

Apr 11, 2011
TODO:
- Get a build back on track
- CM9

Any critical bugs I should be made aware of?

flash player is a little buggy. glitches out sometimes in a scrambled sort of way. doesn't work well on flash videos above 240p. that's when it especially glitches out.
video recording works well, however it takes an extremely long time to save videos after you press the stop button. sometimes it just freezes on save or the camera force closes.
what else doesn't work? no idea. you built it so nicely that there are few bugs and no big ones i can think of. i must say. thanks for a great build.

ttkyles

Jul 3, 2009
I think in this android flashing frenzy were in.
1 reading is fundamental
2 I judge ROMS first and foremost on (w/unlocked bootloader) "is everything working"
and cybiks cm 7.2 base build has been my nandroid for a while now
I just like the CM goodness

even though PD teams add on build included hdmi w/ landscape and sound that works for me.

atroph

Sep 14, 2011
Cybik,
Thank you millions for the reload. I was real close on getting my environment up and running. The only thing I was lacking was some of the stock files that the script didn't extract from the stock ROM. I tried to compile and it turned out that I really need those files to complete the build.

With that being said, I have used this ROM since November. The only bug that I have found it sometimes low res videos will glitch out. They will appear like digitized colors with no discernible video.

I followed the resync that you made in January and it has been rock solid.

Pure cyanogenmod is my favorite. I like having the option to add my own tweaks if I want them, and starting from a pure basline is the best way to go IMO.

I believe that the code was rejected due to where you were trying to integrate it to. I believe that the -1 was due to it not being in its own device space.

I will finish up my enviornment and put it on the back burners now that you are back.

Thanks again for the info you sent over pm.

violinbf

Jul 16, 2008
Cybik, good to have you back. Have you magically gotten the photon to work on AT&T? Does your phone work because you are on Telus? I thought that the radio was locked out of North American GSM carriers.

cybik

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2008
On a Horse.
WARNING: I totally derped my earlier build and didn't include the wifi driver. I rebuilt one in emergency and as of 22:26 EST, Sunday April 22nd, it's still uploading.

Cybik,
Thank you millions for the reload. I was real close on getting my environment up and running. The only thing I was lacking was some of the stock files that the script didn't extract from the stock ROM. I tried to compile and it turned out that I really need those files to complete the build.

Ayeh, sorry if I just killed your build node-ing. Worst case, you learned how to make all the things? Also, the Proprietary files have been merged in by koush. :D

With that being said, I have used this ROM since November. The only bug that I have found it sometimes low res videos will glitch out. They will appear like digitized colors with no discernible video.

I followed the resync that you made in January and it has been rock solid.

Pure cyanogenmod is my favorite. I like having the option to add my own tweaks if I want them, and starting from a pure basline is the best way to go IMO.

I believe that the code was rejected due to where you were trying to integrate it to. I believe that the -1 was due to it not being in its own device space.

I will finish up my enviornment and put it on the back burners now that you are back.

Thanks again for the info you sent over pm.

Thanks for the kind words!

Cybik, good to have you back. Have you magically gotten the photon to work on AT&T? Does your phone work because you are on Telus? I thought that the radio was locked out of North American GSM carriers.

AT&T: Nope, sorry. It's GSM-unlocked for every GSM/HSPA carrier _but_ the USA ones. Sorry.

Lightsword1942

Apr 25, 2010
You probably know this but cm team has a dev relations contact to help with adding devices. Great to see you back developing for the photon.:)

From moto internal docs "Starting with BP release 01.09.00R, USA GSM/UMTS is disabled as per Sprint requirement."

Lightsword1942

Apr 25, 2010
You mean the email address jeagoss himself told me to send a mail to [which I did] after asking me (in a hangout) about the status of the build? ;)

Just sayin'.

Did I just hear a bomb droppin'?

Awesome, hope it gets merged soon.:D
BTW if you get the time to look into fixing wimax I noticed that there were a bunch of testing utilities and such in the leaked engineering SBF's(especially the 2.3.3 one) that might be useful(SBF's won't flash to retail device but can be extracted and packaged into an update.zip and work ok). Weird thing is that even for someone who has an actual engineering device wimax is still broken :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rules of the thread

-This thread is dead
    Please access this thread for CM7-related work.
    - NO UBUNTOP. Go spam Lokifish here.
    Honestly, if it was up to me, I'd kill HDMirroring and wait until ICS to try and enable ICSresizing using the phone to generate a 720p output. Could be five mathematically provable types of awesome.
    - DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. I provide NO support... And I DEFINITELY won't help porting crap skins.
    **** MIUI. There, I said it.
    - I became a bit more lenient
    I'm giving one chance per noob before raining all nine hells on them
    - I got my device back
    I missed you guys too <3
    - I just restarted this (as of April 21st, 2012)
    I have no idea what Turl has been up to. Lemme sync with him.
    - Cougar is cool
    The dev, not the lady outside my office

Hello, this is my personal/pet project of getting CM7 on the Photon. Now you are not risking SJ's second coming by flashing.

Latest build is here.

Not related to mrinehart93's efforts in any way. I'm basing myself on pure CM7 and pure Motorola sources.

The GSM lock has been confirmed as being in the Radio component. Sad.

OH LOOK A GOOGLE+ PAGE

What it is
    - Pure CM goodness. No more, no less.

What works [as of the latest build]
    - Touchscreen [ 8 points, thanks to mrinehart93's link in his thread here ]
    - Video Acceleration [ youtube doesn't work out of Sprint, WTF ]
    - UMTS 3G radio works [ AT&T frequencies ] for voice, data and SMS
    - GSM [ tested by olegfusion ]
    - CDMA [ data seems to be working ] [ Carrier Name seems to be out of whack ]
    - Back-Facing Camera [ will have to rework some stuff for buttonpress->snap ]
    -- 720p video, woots
    - Front-Facing Camera
    - Gapps are installable and work [ tested the Talk Videoconference component ]
    - GPS
    - Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    --- I derped the kang from the olympus SO HARD. Thanks to Turl, y'all can call from a car now.
    - Youtube (on Sprint's 3G network)
    - Charging while plugged to a wall.

What derps
    - Charging while off using a computer as a battery pack. It will boot CM7

What sucks balls
    - HDMI mirroring
    - Youtube (fix found but it's ugly and not unified. This will need to be integrated to Settings.)

What doesn't work at all
    - WiMAX
    - Sending MMS seems to be splode.

Off the list of stuff I want to try
    - webtop

Bragging rights
    - 4 days :3

Thanks
    - mrinehart93 for the touchscreen link [ here ]
    - the bros at CM for the olympus overlay
    - Turl for MANY things
    - Hashcode for the Phone apk fix here: http://goo.gl/eF1GB
    - CM

Side-Effects
    - TurbulentEddie, dave0812 and cythrawl have reported that this ROM flashes and works on the Electrify.

Contributions
    - qbking77, from the Android Creative Syndicate, made a howto! See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCNLbCdMNuI

Todo
    - Fix found for Youtube: set the proxies to 0.0.0.0 and the proxy ports to 0 in the build.prop. The specific properties will have to be software-modified down the road. A wifi-events-listener app will need to be programmed for proxy switching on wifi too.

If you REALLY want to donate to thank me for the groundwork I've done: go save boobies instead. They're more precious (to me, at least) than my beer/pizza fund.
    Sun. April 29th, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - Mainline resync and styling fixes, RIL rewrite to wipe previous overzealous code by me for mainline submission. Hint hint.

Tues. April 24th, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - OC issue is fixed

Mon. April 23rd, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - 22nd's build, rebuilt
    - WARNING: Clockrate hard-set to 1.45ghz. Use Settings -> Cyanogenmod -> Performance -> CPU to set max rate to 1000mHz and set-on-boot.

Sun. April 22nd, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - New kernel, resync'd from Atrix.
    =============== REPORTED AS NOT WORKING ===============

Sat. April 21st, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - CM7 resync
    - Patches reintegrated to mainline and resubmitted

Mon. January 23st, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - Camera fix
    WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING
    =========This build is untested by me and IDGAF============

Sat. January 21st, 2012 - build - md5sum
    - I'M IN UR FORUMZ STEALING UR LIMELITEZ
    - Resynchronized with mainline and compiled
    =========This build is untested by me and IDGAF============

Sun. November 20th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - Resync'd to the current code [ CM 7.2.0 ]
    - Code cleanup, camera patch reimplemented (extremely simple, a 5-year old human / 10 year-old monkey could have come up with it)
    - Resubmitted to the CyanogenMOD code review site.

Tues. November 8th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - sdcards. oops.

Sun. November 6th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - Bluetooth
    - Phone.apk code fix from the Droid3 WE [ bug affects some CDMA users ]
    - Camera button snaps photos as expected now

Fri. November 4th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - USB behavior modification [ known to make the phone reboot. DO NOT ENABLE SDCARD MODE PLEASE ]
    - CDMA [ testing phase - Motorola does weird stuff ]

Mon. October 17th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - Wifi

Sat. October 15th, 2011 - build - md5sum
    - Initial public pre-alpha build (no wifi, no cdma, gsm/umts working, 3G over UMTS is tested)
    Once I get cm9-14 fixed, I'll build cm7 from latest.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
    TODO:
    - Get a build back on track
    - CM9

Any critical bugs I should be made aware of?
    Build is posted, see second post. Test away!