Back cover creaks

Search This thread

ignation

Mar 2, 2014
plus.google.com
Hi everyone,
I'm having a problem with the back cover of my Nexus 5. When i touch around the flash LED i can hear a suspicious creaking sound. I had never heard a problem like this un this forum. Should i order a replacement?

Thanks

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Did you drop your device? Could be a manufacturing fault as well... If you can bear the slight creaking, just ignore it.. Else RMA it...

However, I don't see the point in RMA'ing a device for such a petty reason. What if you could get a device with other defects? :p

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
What do you mean? I'm talking about the bigger speaker holes, smoother plastic edge and tighter key holes/no sharp edges anymore.

Ignore all those rumors. Only way to tell if you have a different newer revision is by checking in the Fast Boot Mode of your device. And as far as I know no production device has anything beyond rev 11. The difference in certain dimensions that you might have noticed is due to the different production assembly lines of various Nexus 5 devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Caboose13

Dec 10, 2010
Awesome! I thought I was the only one experiencing this. But yes I have the same issue. Upper left hand area makes a creaking noise when touched or handled certain ways.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Please, this is not a sound holes question don't mess the thread with this

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

Surely the thread is finished. It creaks. So what? Everything creaks. either put up with it or return it. What else is there to say?

To be honest, not even sure why this needed to be a thread at all. We have a "defects" thread AND an RMA thread. You could have posted in either of those

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ilostmypistons

Jan 25, 2011
McHenry Il
I dont think I've ever checked any device I've owned for creaks. What the hell is a creak and why does it bother so many? I really don't get it

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: OuncE718

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK
I dont think I've ever checked any device I've owned for creaks. What the hell is a creak and why does it bother so many? I really don't get it

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Its impossible to notice the Nexus 5 creaking unless you put it in some sort of a chokehold. It's a phone, who squeezes a phone?

Some of these people are just looking for things to pick at instead of enjoying the phone.

sent from my neXus 5

Reactions: ilostmypistons

Top Liked Posts