[Q] Screen flicker problem

Search This thread

DrHRH

Jan 22, 2008
Nerdville, Tennessee
Hi everyone.

I love the TrueSmart but I've got a problem with the screen.

There's a flicker on it. The whole screen flickers and it's particularly noticeable when the background is white or any other light colour.

Has anyone else experienced this and what are my chances of getting it fixed or replaced under warranty?

Thanks for any advice in advance,

HRH.

DrHRH

Jan 22, 2008
Nerdville, Tennessee
FWIW mine does not, at least I've not noticed it - recent batch - does screen brightness setting have anything to do with it?

Now that's a helpful comment. Thank you. If I set the screen brightness to maximum then the flicker goes away. Not ideal, as I've never set any device to max brightness in my life. Never needed to. But at least the flicker goes away.

I just hope it doesn't make the rubbish battery life even worse.

Ozpeter

Jun 9, 2014
Now that's a helpful comment. Thank you. If I set the screen brightness to maximum then the flicker goes away. Not ideal, as I've never set any device to max brightness in my life. Never needed to. But at least the flicker goes away.

I just hope it doesn't make the rubbish battery life even worse.

Ah. I was thinking more in terms of down rather than up (but I didn't say so...). Indeed, it's bright in the first place and raising it will probably have an impact on battery life.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I think Lokifish reported some time ago that the screen was ridiculously over bright even at the minimum setting and that there was no change in brightness if raised over 50%.
I used Lux on mine to drop the brightness way into negative values. I have noticed no annoying flickering, but there were early reports of nasty flickering on some samples back last Fall.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts