[Q] Activity Phone in process com.android.phone is not responding

Search This thread

ryupi

Aug 20, 2010
Hi All,

I have been using HTC HD2 under window mobile 6.5 for a few months and recently i decided to try using android by booting the android file from the SD card.

Everything works perfectly with HD2 running froyo 2.2 google nexus platform but recently i faced the problem of making call. It came out some buzzing sound when i was making call and suddenly showed "Activity Phone in process com.android.phone is not responding".

I was given only either "force quit", "cancel" or "report". Regardless what i choose, my HD2 android become mute. The problem still persists after i reboot. If i didn't make call, everything works normally.

It is very enjoyable using android and i would like to continue using it. Hence, is there anyway to resolve it?

Thanks

squish099

Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis
You can try running fix permissions in terminal (or fix_permissions I don't remember which). Otherwise I would suggest a back up with titanium and a wipe and reinstall of the build you are using. Then reinstall titanium and reinstall your stuff..

swyped from my HD2 Android

ryupi

Aug 20, 2010
Thanks dude. I will try this later on.

Nonetheless, as i afraid it will recur again, just wondering what is the possible root cause? Could that be because of the ROM version of HD2 as i update the ROM before installing the android...

Cheers

ryupi

Aug 20, 2010
I had reinstall the same build after i format my sd card. Nonetheless, the problem still remain....

May be i have to try with other build. Thnaks

squish099

Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis
hmmm never have had problem persist after a clean install.. When using titianium you have to be careful with system apps it will copy the problem.. Try just installing user apps.. You can press menu in titianium and select filter user apps apply.. Hope this helps

ryupi

Aug 20, 2010
I only backup system files such as contact log, call log, messages and gallery whilst i also backup those unauthorized app download from the market, namely abduction, 360 cameras, angry birds and other mini games.

Could backing up those games affect the calling? i have no calling issue when run the default WM build...

Arg!

squish099

Jan 24, 2010
St. Louis
Try to restore nothing having to do with contacts or call log.. Sounds strange but. Your contacts are synced with you gmail.. And call log usually no biggie also makes sure you are using a new clean data.img or letting it create a new one..

Reactions: ryupi

ryupi

Aug 20, 2010
Yes. It works after i disable contact synchronization and restore contact via my SIM Card. Thanks bro.

Reactions: hnhon
I'm having the same problem with this "Activity Phone (in process.com.android.phone) is not responding" error message. So I turned OFF synchronize gmail contacts and exported all my contacts to my sim card. Since its been a few weeks for you, I'm wondering if disabling your contact synchronization with gmail completely stopped this problem?

Steve

Yes. It works after i disable contact synchronization and restore contact via my SIM Card. Thanks bro.

hnhon

May 27, 2010
Thank you so much " magentawave " i turned off sync gmail contacts and facebook contacts then i restart my phone and after restart it worked good without any problem

:)

Last edited:

yamensaleh

Oct 20, 2010
Kuwait
i have the same issue on every build, i disabled Google account sync, and i deleted all the contacts and imported them from SD-Card, but i still have the same issue.

P/s: it is happening when i am receiving a phone call, when i answer it hangs up for around 10 seconds and then it gave me the error (com.android.phone process not responding) if i choose wait it will stay hanged on the caller screen if i choose force close it will stay hanged for another 10 seconds then i am loosing the signal, and the signal came back again but i can not make or receive any calls until i restarted the phone
any one have a solution for me.

thanks

I am using nand android (energy build)
my radio is :2_12_50_02_2
Magldr: 1.13

Last edited:

papazche

Feb 22, 2011
Hi All,

I have been using HTC HD2 under window mobile 6.5 for a few months and recently i decided to try using android by booting the android file from the SD card.

Everything works perfectly with HD2 running froyo 2.2 google nexus platform but recently i faced the problem of making call. It came out some buzzing sound when i was making call and suddenly showed "Activity Phone in process com.android.phone is not responding".

I was given only either "force quit", "cancel" or "report". Regardless what i choose, my HD2 android become mute. The problem still persists after i reboot. If i didn't make call, everything works normally.

It is very enjoyable using android and i would like to continue using it. Hence, is there anyway to resolve it?
R1.jpg

Thanks

Horribly I have the same problem and nothing could fix it );

Reactions: weusi2

yamensaleh

Oct 20, 2010
Kuwait
i found a solution (at least for me)

i had this problem for 3 continues weeks and i never had this before, and it was on every build, so i thought maybe i am using somthing new which caused this problem so i started to uninstall each application i am using and try the phone.

after a while i discovered that nimbuzz is the cause of this problem!!!

and it is like the follwoing:

when i receive a phone call after using nimbuzz as a sip provider, i have the problem (com.android.phone not responding).

now after i un-installed nimbuzz the problem never appeared again.

I hope this helps

Reactions: florjava

secano

Mar 27, 2010
New York City
i have the same issue on every build, i disabled Google account sync, and i deleted all the contacts and imported them from SD-Card, but i still have the same issue.

P/s: it is happening when i am receiving a phone call, when i answer it hangs up for around 10 seconds and then it gave me the error (com.android.phone process not responding) if i choose wait it will stay hanged on the caller screen if i choose force close it will stay hanged for another 10 seconds then i am loosing the signal, and the signal came back again but i can not make or receive any calls until i restarted the phone

thanks

Yes, this has happened to me with previous builds. With my current build it as happened only once, I had the phone plugged and it was fully charged already. Must be certain apps..idk.

florjava

Sep 26, 2008
I'd like to add that it happened to me too. After trying disabling gmail and fb sync as I read here, I realized that the cause could be the last program I installed: GPS Status (free version). I uninstall it and the phone was working again.

It seems that there could be few applications that can cause the phone buzzing and not working at all. At the moment we are two people who reported this with these two apps:

nimbuzz
GPS Status

antiparadigm

Oct 9, 2010
I had the same problem for a while. Robot voice and then force close. I tried several things to fix it. Here is what I did.

The first fix I tried was HERE for the Low volume fix.

Reboot. Still Force Close on Phone

Then I Tried this Volume Fix HERE, which is similar, but also did not fix problem.

I tried disabling the contact sync as seen above, and still nothing

Lastly I downloaded, (I thought I had it but didn't) Rom Manager, Flashed Clockwork recovery via Rom Manager, then used it to "fix Permissions"

Right after it had finished fixing, I recieved a normal clear phone call with no FC.

Hope this helps someone.

Updated- I just did the recommended reboot, and it is back to no voice, but this time no force close.

Last edited:

sandy2810

Jun 17, 2009
Man this activity process not responding is haunting me as well on all the builds I have used so far. I was using the SD version of Android and recently moved to the Nand version in hope that I would get rid of the error message. I m currently using BOYPPC Desire HD V15.
I am sure there are lot of guys who are facing this issue too, so why havent someone reached the root of the problem. There is something that is causing this error message but someone has to dig deeper to know the exact cause.

Regards

marcogtt

Mar 1, 2011

thanks

Exactly what's happening here on hyperdroid 2.1.0!

I figured out i'm having this issue if:
i have skype on.
I have viber on + i had already received a viber call

what should i do? Try a fix permission? i already have all sync unactive.
By fixing permission is it something that could wipe?

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to restore nothing having to do with contacts or call log.. Sounds strange but. Your contacts are synced with you gmail.. And call log usually no biggie also makes sure you are using a new clean data.img or letting it create a new one..

Hi All,

R1.jpg

Thanks

Horribly I have the same problem and nothing could fix it );
    i found a solution (at least for me)

i had this problem for 3 continues weeks and i never had this before, and it was on every build, so i thought maybe i am using somthing new which caused this problem so i started to uninstall each application i am using and try the phone.

after a while i discovered that nimbuzz is the cause of this problem!!!

and it is like the follwoing:

when i receive a phone call after using nimbuzz as a sip provider, i have the problem (com.android.phone not responding).

now after i un-installed nimbuzz the problem never appeared again.

I hope this helps