Whatsapp installing

Search This thread

wout1976

Aug 9, 2010
Utrecht
It is possible to install Whatsapp on a Asus tablet.

But you must have Whatsapp already working on your Android phone.
Just make a backup All apps and data with Titanium backup from Whatsapp on your phone.
Go into the TitaniumBackup folder at your phone and copy the three files starting with com.whatsapp to your Asus tablet. U have to put these files in a folder named TitaniumBackup.
Then download Titanium Backup on your tablet.
In settings, applications, Development enable USB debugging and allow mock locactions. At applications enable Unknown sources.

Go to Titanium Backup and scroll to the com.whatsapp file.
Restore app and data.
Now you should have working Whatsapp !

Pimmr

Jun 5, 2009
Hey it works! Great and so simple :)
Only although I have all contacts on my TF, only the phone numbers appear at my whatsapp chats. Any fix for this?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

salbalboa

Oct 22, 2010

U have to put these files in a folder named TitaniumBackup.
In settings, applications, Development enable USB debugging and allow mock locactions. At applications enable Unknown sources.

Restore app and data.

do i just put the 3 files straight into the titanium back up folder since i had it installed before or do i need to make a new folder and search for it with titanium back up?
the .comwhatsapp files are not showing up in titanium backup after i put then in titanium back up.

Last edited:

miicco

Aug 10, 2010
Tampere
It works!

Yeah, just put those three files in titaniumbackup folder and restore with the app (app + data ofc.)

The contact problem can be solved in app by pressing a contact with only a number and clicking "add to existing contact" and selecting the right one from your contacts.

Hope this helped!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Edit. Not working as i thought, first it seemed to work.

Last edited:

Pimmr

Jun 5, 2009
It works!

Yeah, just put those three files in titaniumbackup folder and restore with the app (app + data ofc.)

The contact problem can be solved in app by pressing a contact with only a number and clicking "add to existing contact" and selecting the right one from your contacts.

Hope this helped!

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Great, I'll try it tonight.

Another question, I resumed an existing chat with a friend and all replies returned in whatsapp on the TF but not on my phone.
Next I asked my GF to send me a message in an existing chat, and the messages came on my phone and not the TF.
So, can I conclude only replies to a message initiated from the TF get returned to the TF but when someone apps me it always appears on the phone?

:confused:

*edit* well, I just noticed that when I was away today I received some apps on my TF which did not arrive on my phone so as long as I cannot synchronize this it nis not very handy...

Last edited:

pjfriend

Apr 9, 2009
Leeds
Just to add to this and hopefully make sharing with your phone easier.

1) Install Droidwall from the market on phone and tab (assuming you've got whatsapp working as above).
2) Change to blacklist mode on Droidwall and select both settings for whatsapp (3G and WIFI).
3) Save rules
4) Then just turn on the firewall on the device that you don't want to receive messages.

You can switch in seconds between the two. I've been using this for a couple of weeks with no problems. You obviously need to be rooted but Titanium requires that anyway.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrNago

b00b

Oct 24, 2010

Just make a backup All apps and data with Titanium backup from Whatsapp on your phone.
Go into the TitaniumBackup folder at your phone and copy the three files starting with com.whatsapp to your Asus tablet. U have to put these files in a folder named TitaniumBackup.

Restore app and data.

This worked for me on my TF101, and i tell you whatsapp looks nice on the bigger screen :D

Oggy512

Mar 13, 2010
Saarland
Hey there,

is there an option to use whatsapp like gtalk?

what i mean:

i use an samsung galaxy i9000 and an asus transfomer tf101. so when i text a message on my phone, i see it on the tablet und also when i write on tablet i see it on the phone. i mean it synchronized itself

can whatsapp do it similar?

pjfriend

Apr 9, 2009
Leeds
Hey there,

is there an option to use whatsapp like gtalk?

what i mean:

i use an samsung galaxy i9000 and an asus transfomer tf101. so when i text a message on my phone, i see it on the tablet und also when i write on tablet i see it on the phone. i mean it synchronized itself

can whatsapp do it similar?

Not at present unless whatsapp change something fundamental. Failing that you'd have to keep swapping files with titanium but that would be a real mess.

Oggy512

Mar 13, 2010
Saarland
hm. ok. i thought this already :-(

another question:

if i install it on both, i can write from both on same time?
example:
i receive an message on my phone, but i answer from the tablet.
sure, i can't see the messages from tablet on the phone, but my fried receive the messages?
or rather: receive both devices the message, or do only one?

background:
it' s only interessant when i'm @home, because tablet has only wifi, so i text @home with tablet and "on the road" with the phone...

u now what i mean?!
( sry for the bad english, i'm from germany ;) )

pjfriend

Apr 9, 2009
Leeds

another question:

example:
sure, i can't see the messages from tablet on the phone, but my fried receive the messages?

background:
it' s only interessant when i'm @home, because tablet has only wifi, so i text @home with tablet and "on the road" with the phone...

u now what i mean?!

You can send from both devices simultaneously but, unless you firewall (with Droidwall or similar) the device you're not using, the replies could go to either phone or tab. They won't go to both. Droidwall is very easy to set up and as you have to be rooted to use Titanium it's no hassle.

Your English is fine, had no trouble understanding you :)

Reactions: MrNago

Oggy512

Mar 13, 2010
Saarland
hm, ok.
i think i'll test it and then we see if this is practicable for me :)

thank u for helping.

and btw: ok, i tought my english is bad, but obvious it's better then i mean :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Restore app and data.
    Just to add to this and hopefully make sharing with your phone easier.

1) Install Droidwall from the market on phone and tab (assuming you've got whatsapp working as above).
    2) Change to blacklist mode on Droidwall and select both settings for whatsapp (3G and WIFI).
    3) Save rules
    4) Then just turn on the firewall on the device that you don't want to receive messages.

You can switch in seconds between the two. I've been using this for a couple of weeks with no problems. You obviously need to be rooted but Titanium requires that anyway.

Hope that helps.

another question:

example:

background:

u now what i mean?!

You can send from both devices simultaneously but, unless you firewall (with Droidwall or similar) the device you're not using, the replies could go to either phone or tab. They won't go to both. Droidwall is very easy to set up and as you have to be rooted to use Titanium it's no hassle.

Your English is fine, had no trouble understanding you :)