[ROM] [NS4G] CyanogenMod 9 v4.0.4 - v4.0

Search This thread

s7yl33

Feb 21, 2008
I got that same message 2x today. Been running stock 4.0.4 for a week now. So weird

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

I got a bunch of these a while back on v3. Literally 60-70 messaged over the course of thirty minutes or so.

BUT- My sprint and Google Voice numbers are linked and the messages never registered in GV, just the messaging app. This has to mean it was something in the ROM right?

agrote007

Oct 12, 2009
Lexington
I just downloaded version 6 no issues here seems be running fine one comment music app seems be working better than last time version 4

Sent from my Nexus S 4G (CyanogenMod 9 v4.0.4 - v4.0) using XDA

w8setter

Dec 5, 2011
rockingham
Ran this for awhile just not like other roms can't tell a difference from the older versions like when updating from other roms like aokp

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
[…]

BUT- My sprint and Google Voice numbers are linked and the messages never registered in GV, just the messaging app. This has to mean it was something in the ROM right?

No, it just means it was sent to your Sprint number and not your Voice number. I experienced the same thing under the same circumstances and I'm on the stock 4.0.4 OTA. Locked boot, stock recovery, no root.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

dpeeps74

Oct 28, 2009
Austin
I got a similar text today on aokp so I would concur that it must be sprint related.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

blueluck77

Mar 21, 2011
Addison
My gf and I both got this at 1:26PM CST today, we are on 100% stock unrooted. I bet the person who got it at 2:26 is an hour ahead of me in Dallas. I wonder what this could be.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

wickid_d

Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere..
Yeah, its not this from its something to do with sprint. My Google voice and sprint numbers are the same and I only got it through the messaging app and not through voice. Is it possible it was a message to the phone to have them update via push?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

That is a VERY good possibility! If anyone has installed the total protection app from the sprint selection and done anything from your computer to the app via the website, then you'll see that you get similar push texts.

-----
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using my finger... ;-)
-----

Last edited:

wickid_d

Jan 6, 2011
Somewhere..
...unbeknownst to all but a select few, the CM team's 3+ years of plotting and planning were about to come to fruition.

When CM changed their beloved mascot to a malignant space cat the users, of course, protested bitterly. But not for the right reasons. It wasn't until the text messages started that they began to really understand the "new direction" that CM was headed in...

;)

LMAO! That's awesome! I love it! Lol

-----
Sent from my Nexus S 4G using my finger... ;-)
-----

Reactions: jesusice

gshyde

Jan 11, 2012
Chicago
javasherpa.blogspot.com

MtDewFella

Jun 9, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa
I just tested the latest build of cm9 nightlies and it runs fine, until I tried to flash the martix 19 kernel. After flashing the kernel the wifi refuses to work. I tried again doing a full wipe and clean flash of cm9 and then flashing the kernel but I still get the same problem wifi refuses to work. Anyone else having this issue?

EVO-lution of Man

Jun 17, 2010
NY
I just tested the latest build of cm9 nightlies and it runs fine, until I tried to flash the martix 19 kernel. After flashing the kernel the wifi refuses to work. I tried again doing a full wipe and clean flash of cm9 and then flashing the kernel but I still get the same problem wifi refuses to work. Anyone else having this issue?

Same here. Wifi borked. Hopefully there's a fix for it.

Edit: After formatting everything individually I got it to work. Running stock kernel for now. Will try others later.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Last edited:

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Unfortunately none of the inverted mms.apk work for me anymore on the most current CM based roms I use if I try to send a message longer than 145 or 160 characters or whatever the cutoff is. The receiver just gets a garbled mess. The stock mms.apk is really hard on my eyes with its all white background. I hope an inverted option is included at some point for the stock one.

Some things I still really miss about gingerbread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the Nexus S 4G, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

This is ONLY and early build of CM. Still a lot to be done there, so we can call it ALPHA build but is a daily use, so you can use normally.

We would like to thank Ezekeel for developing the deepidle capability within the kernel. Great work Ezekeel!

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: Version 4.0 - Current
    Date: 2012.03.29
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 4982c75957a43f33687aac887599bd0a​

Older version: Version 3.0
    Date: 2012.02.22
    MD5sum: b2728899bd54480e219c8f01e9eaf2c3​

Google Apps:

Note: Applications such as Google Voice, Maps, Music, Videos can all be installed via the Market

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Changelog

Alpha 15:
    • Kernel 3.0.8
    • LED notification is on
    • T9 in call patched from alfa 13
    • LED Keys not turning ON when screen is off and you touch the screen

Alpha 16:
    • Added voodoo color control
    • Updated code for some issues

Alpha 17:
    • Added voodoo sound control
    • Added MusicFx
    • Updated code for some issues
    • Superuser corrected, now works without issues

Alpha 18:
    • Notification Power Widget
    • Removed MusicFX (Replaced by DSPManager)

Alpha 19:
    • Trebuchet (Launcher) has many more options
    • Browser downloads via 4G/WiMax
    • Face unlock (IMO not stable, due to no official release for Crespo4g)

Alpha 20:
    • Camera - Added touch to focus
    • General - Removed software EGL
    • General - Updated CrespoParts application
    • Kernel - Overclock up to 1400 (use SetCPU)
    • Kernel - Added Deep Idle (Thanks to Ezekeel!)

Version 1.0:
    • General - Code updated to CM
    • Kernel - Upgraded kernel to 3.0.17
    • Kernel - Minimal green flickering during powering screen on/off
    • Kernel - Added zram option.
    • Kernel - Optimized for battery life and speed.
    • Sound - Added all sound options to DSPManager. ( voodoo app is not compatible, use the options in device settings to control colors and options in dsp manager under wm8994 to control sound )

Version 1.1:
    • Kernel - Set default gamma values to decrease green tint
    • Music - Fix shake action

Version 2.0:
    • More kernel upgrades
    • Code updated
    • Added some overclock patches for stability
    • Added New settings
    • Added new governor lulzactive. I suggest you to use this one.
    • New Settings icons
    • No more flickering on turn on/off the screen
    • Modified kernel for kms
    • Lulzactive as default governor with some tweaks.
    • Added setting to control kms ( settings/ performance / memory ) You will win memory on your devices
    • Default values for ksm set to reduce cpu usage
    • New option to control lulzactive governor. Look on Settings/advanced
    • Repaired errors in multiplier colors
    • Cleaned the code at device options
    • Added Torch app working ( https://github.com/KalimochoAz/IcsTorch )
    • Voodoo wm8994 DSP corrected into DSPManager to avoid sporadic FCs

Latest - Version 3.0:
    • More kernel upgrades
    • Code updated
    • Added Torch, now with widget
    • Added option to camera to take photos by pressing power button
    • Added battery display style
    • Removed Lulzactive
    • Updated kernel 3.0.21 & new kernel speeds
    Everything works great and loving the new boot screen!!

But...

Where in the blue hell did face unlock go?? I LOVED that feature!! Not that I like seeing my own face every time I want to unlock my phone, but I LOVED playing with it!! And it only seemed to get smarter and smarter every time I updated it..

I hadn't updated my nightly build for a while (in fact, I've been sticking with cm7 as my daily until they got the bugs worked out..), and now that I'm trying it again, I find LESS features (in other areas too, such as the removed governors in the cpu controls, and the inability to use voodoo due to the stock cm9 kernel not having the parts)??

THE ENTIRE POINT OF CM WAS to give us a feature-rich, near-fully-customizable experience, and now a lot of the stuff has been shut down that CM7 had??!! WTF!!

C'mon maintainer team!! Stop shutting down the customizations that made CM rock in the first place!!

I was a developer for the moto backflip forum on m3, so this *****ing is not coming from just an everyday user experience, and I would just compile my own from cm source with the overlays (or modding with my own code), but it's obviously been done a few times using Google source (e.g. oICS and The Orca Project), and I simply don't have the time anymore since I work 2 jobs now!

Can we PLEASE get back some more of the customizations that made me fall in love with CM 2 years ago??

Now, don't get me wrong.. as I said in the beginning, it looks and runs great, as-is.. but robbing Peter to pay Paul (because yes, I've seen some custom work in other areas, such as with the launcher) is not the right way to handle things..

Just my 2 cents on everything..

Peace..
    ~Wickid~

I'm gonna to try to answer your questions without flaming you but it's difficult....

1. Face Unlock comes from the Gapps you use, not the ROM.
    2. Voodoo features are already included in the ROM. DSP for Voodoo Sound features and the colors can be adjusted in the included settings without installing Voodoo.
    3. No one cares how busy you are, Kalim is probably a busy man too.
    4. Developer or not, stupid post is stupid post.
    5. Stop shouting, you're an idiot.

EDIT: I was not up to the challenge.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Guides

Please do a complete wipe/clean prior to installation, even if currently running an ICS ROM. Many changes between builds prior to 4.0.3 and this build.

Cleaning
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • Wipe Cache Partition
    • Mounts and Storage -> Format /system
    • Mounts and Storage -> Format /boot
    • Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache

Launcher is Laggy
    • From home screen -> Preferences
    • Drawer -> Uncheck "Join with Apps"
    v2.0 Released

Version 2.0 has been released.