[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - Tenderloin Milestone 4

Search This thread

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
I've found that bluetooth is likely causing at least some of my 'random' reboots. If I am paired, and I turn off the screen and lock it, it will reboot very soon afterwards. Haven't tested it to see if it happens when I am not paired but BT is on.

Described here: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/46947-bluetooth-crashesrestarts-touchpad/

So probably a bug shared by CM and AOKP.

Thanks for sharing this info. Now i turn off BT, and random reboots is gone.

waichai

Jul 7, 2007
Does anyone have problem that some apps are not showing in PlayStore? For example like Dropbox app.

jacobas92

Dec 21, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just updated to build 33 and I'm getting system ui force closes almost every time I touch the navigation buttons :(

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Same here, also navbar button glow is a bit stretched. Aaaand I forgot to make a backup. Back to 31 for me.

Not listed as a fix in the build 33 release notes.

~ E.R.A.

Whoops, my bad. Forgot they had a changelog. I've been using goomanager.

Last edited:

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just did a system wipe and the systemui FC's are still happening. My device hasnt froze yet, but the fc's are not cool.

Anything I can try to fix this?

davec1234

May 22, 2010
I just did a system wipe and the systemui FC's are still happening. My device hasnt froze yet, but the fc's are not cool.

I'd just restore your back up, I quit trying to fix stuff. Either it works with minimal tweaks or I nandroid back.

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'd just restore your back up, I quit trying to fix stuff. Either it works with minimal tweaks or I nandroid back.

Backup of what? I'm just coming to this Rom and now the second build has been totally unstable. I just want to know if there's anything else I can do. All my problems seem to be with the system ui crashing.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

flamand

Dec 28, 2010
SF Bay Area

If it were me, I'd:

• make a complete Titanium backup
  • connect to your pc and use the acmeuninstall android script
  • boot to WebOS and delete anything that looks like an android file (leaving your Titanium backup alone of course). It's probably easiest to mount the TP as a drive on your pc to do this.
  • run the acmeinstall script which gives you Gingerbread (I think)
  • go through the startup, just pressing next, next, next...
  • follow the instructions for migrating to AOKP and flash whatever build you want. (I'm on build 31 and it works great.)

ficklecycler

Jan 29, 2011
Yeah, I'm having many of these troubles as well. I'm getting random reboots too at very inopportune times! Raising my minimum frequency does nothing to help it. I think if we just hang tight on build 31, the AOKP team will get it figured out soon enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Btw guys, jb aokp. Is NOT coming soon. Our chip set, the msm8660 isn't even supported yet. Cm10 is it until they support it, which they will in the future.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
    yea i tried this twice with build 37 and 38 still no luck

yea that's the same issue i'm getting

do you know how we would go about making a flashable zip for this? sounds like i might have to package up the the build 36 drivers into build 38 or 37 but being able to make a flashable wifi driver that we can flash in recovery would be helpful till this gets fixed

Check the wifi thread, but many versions have been posted. I have 5 different versions in a flashable format.

-update -

Here are the last six wifi drivers you can use.

http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/altwifi/

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    what am i doing wrong i can't get wifi connection to work after build 36 build 37 build 38 nightly for june 2 none of them work
    anyone have any hints or suggestions would love to upgrade to the newest builds
    but no wifi connection is a no go for me anybody?
    i've flashed the wifi reset but still no luck

For those having Wifi issues try this tip from jcsullins who wrote the wifi driver and fix sound problem
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26443512&postcount=625
    Fantastic rom, running it on 3 Touchpads so far! :D One question, it auto boots Webos after the 5 sec countdown is there a way to change this so it auto boots AOKP. THANKS

In terminal emulator:

su
    mount -o remount,rw /boot
    echo "AOKP" > /boot/moboot.default
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    exit

That should do it.

@OP: Very interested in this ROM - think I just may flash it tonight. Thanks for the work and dedication.