Do you use a have a Screen Protector? X8

Do you use a Screen Protector for you X8?

• Yes

Votes: 54 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 42 43.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

RipD

Apr 14, 2012
i had some cheapo ebay film protector. it let loose now and i can't find the rest. but they did a good job, not a single scratch on my screen, still looks brand new.

glich

Feb 15, 2012
Hello,
I use a silicon case and a screen protector.
It has save my phone several times

:D

JAWyered

Jul 8, 2011
Houston
I don't put any case or protector of any kind on NY phones. They should be built to withstand normal use. If not then its not a good phone. Why buy a good looking sleek phone and then make it look ugly and huge? I'm all for personalization but that's a different story. Unless you are planning on selling the device why bother? Scratches give it character.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

fundre

Dec 10, 2010
Nah, I don't use any now. I used to, but it was loose and come off easily. It protected the screen twice though, when falling directly to the ground and in my pocket, while being slammed by friends :D My phone is together with my keys at that time.
Now I get some scratch at upper left corner and lower right on the case, and minor scratch on the screen :/ approx 1 month after the protector come off

KingAmir

Aug 16, 2012
London
-

I bought my x8 second hand for very cheap when it first came out. Cheap because of the thousands of screen scratches it had.:laugh:
How could any screen protector save a screen in that condition. :p But if i crank up the brightness the scratches are hidden.

please hit the thanks button if you appreciate my efforts.

DaMattias

May 27, 2012
I use one too. The screen is scratch resistant, but i still use one, cause i want the phone to last as long as it can :),

Last edited:

David.V

Oct 21, 2011
Yerevan
screen protector+case

i'm using screen protector and tpu case! althow x8 is a cheap phone, i hate when phone gets scratched! my friend laughts at me for trying to protect my phone so hard, because he uses only screen protector with his iphone 4s!

eddrowe

May 29, 2012
Stoke on Trent
I do not use a screen protector because it can be quite annoyingly dry to the touch.

I use one to stop scratches but I totally get what you mean by dry to the touch. Makes my thumb feel weird after prolonged use.

Sent from my X8 On GingerZaraki

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

No i don't have screen protector. Because in Slovenia you can buy just screen protector and you must to cut it that fix to our x8,but I want original!

1 word. Ebay

Sent from my X8 On GingerZaraki

kopter36

i used a diamond sparkling like protector before and it was awesome. my display look better, more contrast ,better colour. now im using privacy protector because it give me confidence to emailing at public space and it doesnt catch fingerprint too but it make my screen look like 40+ years old. duh. 1 thing i really hate about using protector is it make my phone unusable when in bright lightning condition. :(

Sent from my E15i using xda premium

go-away

Jan 15, 2012
The screen on mine was really badly scratched, it looked like it had been chewed by a dog, in fact I believe it was (I found the phone on the street, locked with no SIM and nobody claimed it for over 6 weeks).

I attacked it with wet & dry sandpaper from 400 grit right down to 1200 grit, then polished it with car lacquer cutting compound. The screen now shines like new, no more ugly scratches. I might do the whole case next because even that looks nicer after sanding and polishing.

The cheapo plastic screens on these things scratch very easily, but can be restored with some work. So if you actually like and value it (I must say I really do not like these kiddy phones, far too small and infuriatingly complicated for me!), then you might want to use some protection on the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a silicon case but i never use it... (it gathers dust. The phone looks better even with 1000 marks on it)

My phone has many marks, i have drop it many times... but it just do not die! The phone hits the floor, the back cover gets of, the battery is jealous and gets off too... but the phone works fine!!!!

I also own a small scratch on my screen because i was so stupid to test if a battery works as a stylus. The stylus worked but the battery lived me a scratch, i still can't understand how that happened... (i am very suspicious about the electromagnetic fields around it, but after a small search i found out a small scratchy thing on the battery)

My advice, keep your phone as it is. Enjoy it, a small mark will not destroy your life. Just b careful with batteries (they play dirty).
    I currently dont have one because the old one felt in the mud. :(

Cheers,

Dr.Onion

Sent from my S3 Moded Xperia using XDA.
    Just Interested, but who has a screen protector on their X8?
    I don't, I use to have one. I kept on scratching the protector so i just took it off and now their is not a single scratch! :)
    (cause i'm always scared I would ruin the screen protector!)

I'm new to XDA! :D
    Please press the "thanks" button if i helped!
    Just Interested, but who has a screen protector on their X8?
    I don't, I use to have one. I kept on scratching the protector so i just took it off and now their is not a single scratch! :)
    (cause i'm always scared I would ruin the screen protector!)

I'm new to XDA! :D
    Please press the "thanks" button if i helped!

i have a screen protector it was included in the box and i also bought a generic black silicon case