Help, cannot update to KitKat

Search This thread

viper2ko

Apr 23, 2014
I have the verizon G2 rooted, it is stock recovery however I deleted bloat apps using rootbrowser a while back. It accepts OTA update and reboots, then gives Error and goes back to normal screen. I believe this is because of the apps I deleted. I don't have a backup of them. Is there any way to just copy stock apps back into the apps folder?

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Easiest thing is to flash your phone back to stock with the LG Flashtool then let it take the OTA. You can root it again with ioroot25 and add busy box via a Play Store app.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

viper2ko

Apr 23, 2014
Easiest thing is to flash your phone back to stock with the LG Flashtool then let it take the OTA. You can root it again with ioroot25 and add busy box via a Play Store app.

I tried using LG Flashtool, have my phone in download mode, when I hit the yellow arrow to start the flash it says READY!! under COM41 and nothing happens, the phone just stays at 0%.

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I tried using LG Flashtool, have my phone in download mode, when I hit the yellow arrow to start the flash it says READY!! under COM41 and nothing happens, the phone just stays at 0%.

Did you unplug and re-plug in the phone as instructed?

From the guide..

3) Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window. It will prepare and maybe give a milky way error (seriously) ignore it until it says finished, or ready.

4) Now unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volUp+USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.

Just a tip, to power off from Download mode, hold in the power button for about 10 seconds.

viper2ko

Apr 23, 2014

Did you unplug and re-plug in the phone as instructed?

From the guide..

3) Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window. It will prepare and maybe give a milky way error (seriously) ignore it until it says finished, or ready.

4) Now unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volUp+USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.

Just a tip, to power off from Download mode, hold in the power button for about 10 seconds.

When I try to power off, and hold the power button the phone reboots itself.

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
I was able to quickly get it back into download mode again after the unplug, but it still does nothing, just sits at 0%. and LG Flash tool still just says READY

Did you verify in Device Manager on your PC that it's also set to Com41?

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if un der "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

I missed that the first time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: viper2ko

viper2ko

Apr 23, 2014

1) Go ahead and put phone in Download mode by VolUp + plug in USB to PC. At this time your computer should install the device, if it hadnt already. Open device manager to check if un der "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Serial Port (COM##) IF the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose peroperties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK. (if you get an error about it being in use I'll write more about that later)

This worked, but now it's saying model information check failed.

PID: Null
IMEI: Null
Model :
DLL: VS980
BIN: VS98011A_01.TOT
SWV:
SWOV:
Model Information Check Fail

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was able to quickly get it back into download mode again after the unplug, but it still does nothing, just sits at 0%. and LG Flash tool still just says READY

Do I need the KDZ file? Or TOT file. Because TOT file has no 12B

There is only a 11A tot then you need to take the OTA.

It's all listed there in the return to stock guide in the general section.